“Nice place tucked away from the crowds” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #86 of 152 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Caribbean, Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Nice place tucked away from the crowds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Had a great time here! Its on the marina so u can see the boats come and go! My friend ordered the shrimp aguachile and it was amazing and very very spicy!! I didn't think u could find it other than in the pacific like in mazatlan or Puerto Vallarta so it was an excellent surprise!! My hubs had the Alfredo pasta and said it was amazing!! I had the fish tacos and theu were ok. The tortilla fell apart and I just ended up eating the fish! There is a lil piece of Martina beach were u can soak ur feet in and that was nice! Also they had a bouncy play ground and they blew it up for my 2.5 year old to go play in!! Will def be back for the aguachile!!

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Ottawa, Canada
“great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

The Chuuk Kay was our first restaurant stop on our visit to the Isla Mujeres. It was in very close proximity to our resort (Villa Vera), and so very convenient to walk to. The food was excellent. I ordered the fish tacos - so yummy!! My husband ordered the 'drunken shrimp'...also to die for. The atmosphere was fun, it was on a Saturday night, and they had a band playing for entertainment. They were great, and the staff were very friendly. I would recommend this place highly.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nova Scotia, Canada
“Beer, chips and tunes . . . nothing better!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Hot sunny day and a golf cart . . . and Chuuk Kay called our name! Buckets of icy cold beer and a huge plate of all dressed nachos (frijoles, cheese, onions, peppers, crema agria, etc.) and great pico de gallo and guac. La Banda Sin Nombre playing Santana and the Eagles . . . ahhhhh! Great times!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Hoboken, New Jersey
“If you can find it, you won't be disappointed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

After two u-turns on our golf cart, my wife, daughter and i finally arrived at Chuuk Kay for a late lunch. I had wanted to stop by after the good reviews on TA and for the recommendation by Mapchick on her map, but upon arriving, I was a little surprised to see only one other table seated at the spacious outdoor area. Was coming here a mistake? It turned out it was anything but.

The menu is huge. A lot of mexican and seafood options. Plenty of kids options. A great view of the lagoon. A cold beer in my hand. I was quickly warming up to the place.

Our food quickly arrived - and let me not understate this enough - I was served the best fish tacos I've ever had in my life. Grilled white fish, some garlic, a little butter, on fresh corn tortillas. I was in heaven. The fish literally melted in my mouth. My wife was almost as happy with her dish, and my 3 year old daughter was in heaven to find a place that had chicken tenders.

The only downside I can think of is that I'm pretty sure the lagoon was responsible for the handful of mosquito bites I later noticed... but that's a small price to pay for the best fish tacos ever.

Minneapolis, MN
“Ceviche + Mango Margaritas = Win”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

The ceviche is awesome. The atmosphere is perfect. Live music and 2x1's at happy hour... if you can find it. Didn't have any actual meals there but this quickly became a favorite.