“wow, WoW, WOW!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pita Amore Isla Mujeres

Pita Amore Isla Mujeres
Ave Guerrero MZA 21 ( Near Main Square) | Opposite the hospital (Centro de Salud), Isla Mujeres 77400, Mexico
+52 999 127 1208
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 167 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mexican, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Pita Amore - A unique fusion of Mediterranean and Mexican cuisine, prepared with love, on a family-secret pita bread. Chino, vegetarian, chicken and beef. Nicely basted with a pesto, grilled to perfection on a plancha. Topped of with the secrets of our French Culinary Institute of New York Graduate Chef Ricardo.This food is addictive - a single visit just doesn't cut it. Unbelievable to find this quality of food in Isla Mujeres near Cancun Quintana Roo Mexico.
Portland, Maine
“wow, WoW, WOW!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

(My dear friends, who own some of the absolute very best restaurants on Isla aren't going to be happy with me but) I (we, my wife and I) finally ate at Pita Amore - "only" after being on the Isla for 6+ years - after reading other reviews and hearing people rave about this simple but charming place. Not exactly sure why it took us this long but the "raves were right" and the owner Ricardo couldn't possibly be more charming and delightful and the food - and you already know that the odds are high with a short menu that what they do they do extremely well - was exceptional and exceptionally inexpensive. It's a real joint - in all the very best ways - and our cook, Luis, took great pride and passion in preparing our meal (I watched him while he was cooking the entire time and what a great pleasure that was) and it just couldn't have been better; as was the fantastic flan for dessert. While my friends restaurants remain at the very top of my favorites lists (and not and never because they are my friends) they better let me make room for Pita Amore because it is now right up there!!! Ricardo and Luis - BRAVO - and please save us a seat!

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Waterloo, Canada
“the best pitas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

Reasonable, small out of the way. Wonderful filled pitas.. reasonable prices.

Visited March 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Delicious pitas & flan - great hospitality & vibe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

I absolutely love this charming little place and delicious pitas. Just walking by, the aroma draws you in. The flan is the best flan that I have had anywhere!

I like the authentic feel, watching Luis prepare your meal right in front of you. They give you a generous portion of chicken or meat. The curry sauce that they put on at least one of them is sooo good and such a treat when you have been on the road for a while.

With the little expansion of seating space since last year, this place is really developing a "boutique-cafe" feel. Waiting for your meal, you can read the various writings on the walls from fellow travelers and vacationers. Ricardo is a charming-lovely-generous host and I've often met other locals there with some good island tips.

Be sure to try the flan after your pita and say hola to Ricardo and Luis for me!

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Pita Amore - Not your average Pitas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

Don't be put off by the location or size of Pita Amore. Just enter and try one of the four Pitas on the menu and you will experience a real taste treat. These aren't your average Greek or Lebanese Pitas, but a delicious creation of the owner. My husband and I both had the chicken pita and all I can say is WOW! Warm pita bread, tender marinated chicken, sautéed red onions and an incredible chipotle sauce (not hot) made for an awesome dinner. Top it off with the homemade flan for dessert and it doesn't get any better! Oh, and did I mention that it is very inexpensive? Highly recommend.

Connecticut
“Delicious Pitas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

This place is a little hole in the wall that we decided to try as there have been some great reviews. We had a chicken pita with onions, chipotle creme, cilantro, curry and apples. Really tasty! They make their own pitas--it is worth a visit!

• Visited April 2012