“Nice hotel, just two bad things” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun

You added Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun to your Saves list
Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Fracc. Laguna Mar SM. 7 Mza. 75 Lotes 15 y 16 | Carretera Sac-Bajo, Isla Mujeres 77400, Mexico (Formerly Hotel Villa Rolandi)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Isla Mujeres
A TripAdvisor Member
“Nice hotel, just two bad things”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2004

Facilities are nice, room is OK (not fancy but OK), pool's beautiful, beach is private, service is excellent, food is great (try the Gourmet Pizza & the jumbo shrimp). There are just two bad things, when we got there the concierge was very kind everything was ok, but when we left.. there was another concierge (name's Orlando) I dont know if he was in a bad mood or what but he was walking around with faces, the lady on the counter was a little unfriendly too, but when I told her to be a little more polite she changed (i think they both had a bad day). Anyway if it wasnt for these two, my experience would have been great. The other bad thing (which isn't that bad) is that you have nothing near by (just a crappy restaurant in playa tiburon, and a lounge from the Villa Vera) so be sure to get a Moped or a Golf Cart if you want to move around. On the other hand the good thing is the service from staff like Ponce, Jesus, Pablo, cleaning ladies and the first concierge (I didnt get his name)

• Stayed July 2004

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Bethesda, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2004

My daughter and I just returned from a visit to the Villa Rolandi and I just loved everything about it! The rooms are even better than they look on the website, the beds are very comfortable, and I especially loved the comfy slippers they give you! The bathrooms are to die for -- marble everywhere and a state of the art shower with multiple shower heads. The toiletries are top notch as well. I was really surprised at how first class everything was.

The secret door for breakfast is so charming and ingenious. I agree with others that the breakfast offering gets a bit monotonous after awhile, but I would just order my extras the night before and they were always delivered perfectly the next morning. Coffee was incredible! I also really appreciated the fact that you get a big bottle of water every morning with your breakfast. It was great because it lasted us until dinner time and we didn't have to buy expensive bottles of water the way we usually do at Caribbean resorts.

Service was absolutely fabulous from start to finish. Everyone was eager to please, friendly, and so polite and sweet. The waiters at the pool, Pablo and Ariel were so nice, especially to my daughter. They learned she liked non sparkling lemonade and their special thin french fries and they had them ready for her every day! The pool is the real gem of this resort. We would sit there for HOURS staring out at it and swimming in it. I don't know what makes this pool so incredible, but you never get tired of sitting there! It has an infinity edge, has a ledge running all the way round, and is tiled with royal blue mini tiles. Then, you can see the sand and sea beyond it. The chairs are beautiful and sturdy, not the plastic stuff... and they're topped with plush terry pillows. I never wanted to leave. The beach is small, but the sand is powder white and the water is clear and placid, and there are thatched huts and chairs there. Also, it's pretty much empty so we had to ourselves most of the time.

The food was great, and the restaurant is very romantic.

I was a little perturbed about going to the hotel after reading some of the reviews below, but we had the best time and loved everything about it. I can't wait to go back.

Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2004

My husband and I spent our honeymoon at Villa Rolandi in early June. Everything was just as the website described and pictured. The driver was waiting for us at the airport with our name and the name of the hotel. When he dropped us off at the dock, the catamaran was waiting on us and we quickly left for Isla Mujeres. Management met us on the dock of Rolandi, escorted us to the lobby, and presented us with cold towels and mimosas. The room was just as beautiful as the pictures on the website. We had asked ahead of time for a 3rd floor room that was located in the middle; that's exactly what we got. It was decorated beautifully for our honeymoon, too. Unlike other guests, we often used our jacuzzi on the balcony. It was one of the amenities that drew us to this particular hotel. If you wait and go in at night, it's not too hot at all. It's rather quite comfortable. Overall, the food was excellent. We enjoyed the convenience of our breakfast being delivered. However, by the end of the week, the breakfast became quite monotonous. We ate lunch out just about everyday. There is a good restaurant within walking distance to the hotel; it's called Playa Tiburon and serves good food at a reasonable cost. When asked for a good Mexican restaurant in downtown Isla, the concierge suggested La Buccaneras. It was delicious, but be careful if you eat the green stuff--I thought it was lime (because they put lime on everything), but quickly discovered the hard way that it was jabaneros peppers! The ambiance at dinner was exactly what I pictured for our honeymoon. You can sit out on the open deck, or inside. Either way, you have a beautiful view of the ocean, and you can see Cancun lights off in the distance. For a little extra romance, at no extra cost, you can sign up ahead of time to have dinner ON the beach, right next to the ocean. We recommend that you choose a time later in the evening, closer to sunset, so that you can enjoy the candle light and tiki torches...but we don't want to give away too much.
Like most visitors, we spent a day in Cancun. I guess I can say that I've been to Cancun now, but that's about all. It's nothing to write home about. I think we would have enjoyed it five years ago for a spring break trip with all of our college buddies.
As for the service, we had no problems whatsoever. In fact, we were in a bind and Roger, the one that supposedly ripped off other guests, got us out of it. FYI: you DO need more than a driver's license to get back into the U.S. My husband had told me that we didn't. His mom FedEx'ed his birth certificate on Tuesday; it arrived Thursday. My mom UPS Express'ed my passport on Tuesday. As of Saturday morning when we were getting ready to check out, I didn't have it. We tracked it online and it was in Cancun. Roger sent a friend of his with our tracking number to the post office in Cancun. They had our package and gave it to him, explaining that it wouldn't have been delivered until Monday! The package was waiting for us in the shuttle van in Cancun. How many hotel employees would do that in the U.S.? Another exceptional employee would be Jorge, a waiter in the restaurant. He was a very nice young man. We enjoyed the piano player, and did not notice any perverted behaviors!
Overall, we loved Villa Rolandi and hope to return one day. If it's peace, quiet, tranquility, good food, good service, romance, and a beautiful room with a gorgeous view, go to Isla Mujeres and stay at Villa Rolandi.

• Stayed June 2004
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2004

My husband and I spent our honeymoon at Villa Rolandi May 30 - June 8. We were very pleased with the hotel, its staff, the restaurant and pretty much everything about the place.

Although the breakfast delivered to the room was nice we decided the last few mornings to go down to the restaurant and it was great - no crowds and it ensured a hot breakfast (not that delivered to the room wasn't it's just that sometimes we took our time getting around to the food once delievered in the room).

We loved the pool. Loved getting the private dinner on the beach one night and of course the ability to order drinks or food from the beach or poolside. We felt truly pampered from the minute we got on the Cocoon in Cancun. We would definitely like to go back again someday.

One word of warning, the blue umbrellas at the beach do not provide a lot of protection from the sun!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2004

Since we couldn't secure Hotel Secreto, we ended up staying at Villa R. for one night before we made our way up to Isla Holbox. Overall, the service and amenities were as advertised and we were quite pleased. The pool is beautiful and the rooms spacious and comfortable (although the decks were a little small).

We never used the private Jacuzzi located on the deck as it was just too hot. The two-person steam shower was great. The private beach was very small but given we were there during the "off season" there wasn't too much competition securing beach chairs. The complimentary breakfast was fine but nothing to rave about. What was nice, however, was that it was delivered through a two way (secured) door at our pre-designated time.

The restaurant was good but not outstanding (granted we had just come from a 3-day tour of NY fine eateries). No less than 3 or 4 servers swarmed around our dinner table during the three courses and we found this a bit overwhelming. The location is outstanding, however, and certainly makes for a romantic night.

A few tips--if you need to leave for the mainland before 9:00 a.m. or after 7:00 p.m. the hotel charges $60 for the use of the private boat. I believe you can take the public ferry much less. The hotel will also arrange for your transportation to and from the airport for $180--an outrageous sum IMHO. We arranged for our own transportation from the Cancun airport to the ferry dock at Playa Linda (where the hotel's boat picks you up) for a total cost of approx. $9 US each plus tip (roundtrip would be $36 plus tips). It didn't take very long and the staff at the airport were quite helpful in identifying which car service we should use.

The bill was presented in pesos and for the most part was accurate. I do believe, though, that we were overcharged about $15 from the agreed upon rate of $265 (not including hotel taxes and fees).

Given our entire excursion throughout Mexico, I'd say this was probably the most posh place we stayed.

Been to Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun? Share your experiences!