“Villa Rolandi- Perfect Honeymoon in Paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun

You added Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun to your Saves list
Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Fracc. Laguna Mar SM. 7 Mza. 75 Lotes 15 y 16 | Carretera Sac-Bajo, Isla Mujeres 77400, Mexico (Formerly Hotel Villa Rolandi)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Isla Mujeres
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
“Villa Rolandi- Perfect Honeymoon in Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Ahhhhh…..La Villa Rolandi ! Like you, I read the many fabulous reviews posted here about Villa Rolandi so when the opportunity came up for us to spend our Honeymoon there it seemed like a no-brainer. I can honestly say that all those great reviews were correct – add me to the list ! This is a long one so buckle up and I'll give it to ya straight.

The level of care that you receive- meticulous yet non-intrusive is something that you rarely experience anywhere, even the supposed “Luxury Resorts” can often fall short in one way or another. This resort does something that is unique these days- Villa Rolandi gives you an upscale, luxurious experience without pretentiousness. The entire staff is warm and friendly, extremely helpful and always happy to take the time to chat with you. This is a boutique hotel- the best kind in my opinion and there are only 35 rooms. The resort is beautifully maintained and appointed yet comfortable and inviting. You couldn’t ask for a more naturally beautiful setting. For a Honeymoon, or any special occasion or just to get away- it’s sheer perfection.

We had a Junior Suite on the 2nd Floor. These rooms aren’t huge per-se but laid out well and extremely comfortable. The view from your terrace is always beautiful and the fact that you can sit in your own little Jacuzzi in privacy and be in the open air just enjoying that view is fabulous. There were a couple of times that we couldn’t get the jacuzzi started but all we had to do was call down and someone was immediately sent up to take care of it- no big deal. The bed was really comfortable with little reading lights installed behind you that you could dim on each side if desired. Perfect for a girl like me, that reads in bed and has a husband that does not. Pillows were a little too puffy BUT there is a pillow menu and you can obtain a memory foam pillow if you like. Didn’t really matter enough to me to do it but the option is appreciated. In-room safe is provided (always a HUGE plus) and there is a small refrigerator that is stocked with bottled water every day. There is also a Mini Bar Menu but we did not partake.

The bathroom was amazing. I like serious water pressure and this hotel features a spa-shower like I’ve never had before. Large with dual -therapeutic shower heads on both sides (with GREAT pressure)and one hand-held on top, it also doubles as a Steam Shower. It was AWESOME ! The steam got so thick, so fast that after about 5-10 minutes, I had to reach outside and turn it off. I could barely see my hand in front of me but I LOVED it. A couple of times during our week-long stay, the hot water was off. This can happen on an island and knowing this, it really wasn’t that big a deal- you just gotta wait for a bit till it comes back. I have to say though, that when you’ve been in the heat, sun and ocean all day, a cooler shower ain’t so bad. I also really loved the fact that they provide plush, monogrammed robes – another great touch.

The beach is exclusive to hotel guests. It is just beautiful. The water is clean and clear, cool but not cold this time of year. You can have drinks and even lunch brought to your chaise on the sand if you desire. The water is shallow and there are some grassy areas but for the most part the sand is pristine white and soft . There are no waves so you can literally just float or sit right down and be totally comfortable. We actually took a little walk past the property a few times, knee deep along the coastline and explored for a bit. There are rocks with iguanas lazing in the sun and lots of marine life that you can see just by looking down into the water.

The hotel features a beautiful infinity pool- the water is cooler than the ocean and a salt water Jacuzzi that features incredible views of the bay and Cancun across the bay. You can sit and have a cocktail and feel extremely blessed that you are there. There is also a second smaller pool just beyond the Jacuzzi. The chaise lounges are really comfortable and you can help yourself to large blue beach towels. One day, after going out on a boat and snorkeling all morning, we came back to the pool, had lunch and passed out for a while. It was that peaceful and perfect. That’s what is amazing about this place- it’s like you’ve taken a really pleasant drug and entered an extreme state of relaxation. I’ve been to islands and plush resorts before but never quite felt this relaxed and at ease. No one bugs you…you are on your own time.

I had 2 massages in the Thalasso Spa .You are greeted by the charming Ricardo, told about your treatment and masseuse and given some essential oils in your hands to breathe in and help you relax. The massage I had was the 55 Minute Relaxing massage but there are many different options, including reflexology, facials, wraps and water therapy . There is a really nice, large dry sauna that you can take after your treatment. No one was in there but me- both times. There is a fitness room as well but I was a bad girl and didn’t work out ALL week. I was having too much fun and was way too relaxed to muster the energy !

Casa Rolandi is the famed restaurant on the property. We had a fabulous breakfast each morning that included things like their special Eggs Benedict, eggs made to order, little French toast points and delicious omelettes. The service is always gracious and each plate comes with a silver dome which is then ceremoniously taken off at precisely the same time as your dinner partner’s. One more classy touch that makes it a little more special. Dinners are amazing too, featuring fantastic Italian Cuisine and other good stuff like Suckling Pig. We were celebrating our Honeymoon/First Anniversary and my husband arranged a dinner that I will never forget: On the sand, just one table in the moonlight, paper lantern candles along the path leading down to the sand and a heart carved out next to the table, lit up with candles. It was sheer perfection and the meal and the service were excellent.For the finale, we were brought a piece of amazing Swiss Chocolate Cake and all the waiters sang to us. I can’t say enough how special and wonderful it was and the staff made it seem effortless. If you are in the mood to do some real celebrating and bring on the romance- this is it- just ask and it will be done. Thanks again to Jesus and all the boys for a perfect evening!

As I said before, the staff makes it perfect. If you’ve heard about Victor in the other reviews, then you have read that he is everything a concierge should be. If you have any questions or concerns, he will take care of it and what I love is that he doesn’t just talk to you at the front desk- he comes out to you and speaks with you personally. I truly appreciated that extra personal touch that he puts into everything. He’s a young guy too and exemplifies what great customer service should be.

Isla Mujeres itself is a true gem. We stayed a whole week and every day we found fun and different things to do. This is NOT Cancun- it’s quiet and mellow and there is no real “night life” that we saw but it’s safe and everyone you encounter is friendly. You get the sense that this island is a real community. Not once did we have any one be rude or difficult. Street vendors and shop keepers will beckon you BUT it’s done in a friendly way and if you say No , you will not be harassed. We swam with the dolphins at Dolphin Discovery (next door to the hotel) and there are great beach clubs (like Zama- within walking distance) and restaurants (Mininos and Fayne’s downtown )and several fun looking bars. Get a golf cart and check it all out or take a taxi into town. Make sure to include a visit to the one small Mayan ruin on the tip of the island. The coastline there is one of the most beautiful you will see anywhere.

I could keep going but I’ll stop now. I hope you all get the chance to go to Isla Mujeres, stay at the Villa Rolandi and write your own glowing review.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We travel to many resorts and some we say we would like to come back. Villa Rolandi is one resort that we will definitely come back. There are a variety of ways to rate a hotel. Villa Rolandi exceeds expectations in every category. We like that Villa Rolandi is not a big, busy hotel. It is small and quiet. Our room is fantastic and comfortable. The view from our deck is wonderful. The hotel restaurant is excellent.
One measure of any hotel is the staff. As others have written, Victor met us at the dock and gave us a guided tour of the island from the lobby. He was extremely nice and more helpful than we have experienced before. Miguel is on the waitstaff at the restaurant. Each meal we ask to sit in his section. We followed his recommendations both at dinner and breakfast.
I could go on and on but hopefully you have the idea that we love this place.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed here in August 2011 , extremely late for my review but I consider it better late than never.
My experience was nothing short of superb from start to finish , I spent four nights and did not leave the hotel at any stage pool,rooms,spa and restaurant all sensational , would not hesitate in coming back.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Villa Rolandi is the perfect boutique hotel. We booked it through a Groupon Getaway deal for our honeymoon and what a deal we got. The grounds are beautiful, the rooms are spacious and romantic, the staff is friendly and everything is very clean. We had a spectacular view of Cancun from our 3rd floor room and we loved having the sliding glass door open to catch the gentle breezes and hear the waves. We got excellent service and I could have stayed there for another few nights (we only stayed 3 nights). We ate breakfast at the restaurant every morning and tried the restaurant for dinner as well, too. The food was good, but nothing spectacular, however our servers were all very good (and bilingual!). We loved the private beach, personal hot tub on our balcony and of course the yacht ride to the port. I think Villa Rolandi is the closest I have ever been to paradise. I hope to return one day!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

From the moment that my fiancé and I stepped onto the Yacht ("Cocoon") to the "dulces (candy)" in the evening, we were consistently impressed with Villa Rolandi!

As we boarded Cocoon, we expected others to join us. But, after the crew pushed back from the dock, we realized that we were the only ones on the yacht for the trip from Cancun to Isla Mujeres! We immediately felt "especial!"

Victor (the Concierge) greeted us on the dock as we arrived at the hotel. He spoke English very well (educated in the USA). As we approached the hotel, we were given a refreshing drink (served in champagne glasses) and towels "to refresh ourselves." We sat in the lobby...amazed at the beauty of our surroundings.

Victor escorted us to our room. We booked a Jr. Suite on the third floor (Room 305). The view was unbelievable! We were overlooking the pool, a private beach, coconut trees, the Caribbean Sea and a priceless view of Cancun (on the other side of the Caribbean Sea). Each patio was extremely private for eating breakfast each morning and nights in the hot tub! We marveled at the design of the hotel in that the architect was very clever in how the rooms were arranged to maximize each guest's privacy.

We had dinner the first night in the restaurant. Everything we ordered was excellent! And, the wait staff was very attentive. We watched the sunset while we ate dinner....

The bed was EXTREMELY comfortable. I finally got a good night's sleep for the first time since my fiancé and I traveled to Burton, Texas to "get away from it all."

My fiancé enjoyed snorkeling in the water, while I watched crabs play in the sand. Juarez (waiter on the beach) was very attentive to us. We were never thirsty while sitting on our beach chairs under the umbrella. As we visited other parts of Isla Mujeres, I appreciated the private beach even more -- no extra charges for the chair/umbrella and not having to "fend off" solicitors while enjoying the sun and waves crashing against the shore.

Reason that I entitled my review "Fantasy Island?" We felt like we were in a fantasy land the entire time we were at this hotel. We wanted to ask Victor where "Tattoo" was...as we never saw Tattoo the entire time we were there. But, we did find this hotel to be a fantasy come true!

Thank you Hotel Villa Rolandi for a perfect vacation

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

OMG this hotel is just to good for words from the private Boat arrival, to the rooms, to the food, to the private beach and most importantly to the staff. This place is #1 and will be for a long time to come, after driving round the island all the other places were just a dump in comparison. I'll just focus on the staff. MIGUEL in the restaurant was a legend he took me on a journey of wine that was sublime, 7 Bottles! not one was less than honey on velvet his presence and service especially of the seafood platter made our meals. If MIGUEL was not in the restaurant we went to Qubano's (go see my review of that place) he was that good :) VICTOR at the front desk got more than a tip he got a personal present from me! he was a master, his ability to translate problems into solutions from language to anything else was extraordinary. AMY my darling, her smile melts chocolate she made never want to leave the way she was able to tell me i had it all wrong (when i had) made me feel warm and fuzzy. There was a guy that was the night desk person and I'm ashamed that i cant remember his name but every time i saw him i was a little drunk (don't judge, i'm on holidays) and he just helped me out with keys and walking and stuff what a legend. I should mention the late night swims on the beach for a honeymoon just perfect! Here is the best thing you'll never here anywhere else. The Owners are involved and support some amazing charities on the mainland I got to see it first hand. So your money is doing good things. Leaving was like leaving family, I stand and say Bravo I will remember this place forever. Oh Ok I'll give you a negative, the Spa is the most expensive in the world I was shocked! I'm a spa maniac but the prices were insane, so i just didn't go, no problem.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

This was our second trip to Isla Murejes. First of all, the people are what make Villa Rolandi world class, especially Victor Garcia, the Concierge, who (upon our first night's arrival) coordinated a special private birthday dinner for my wife on their beach, complete with candles placed within the sand and surrounding our table in the shape of a heart. At age 56 I'm no longer easily impressed or romantically smitten; however, this was unexpected and very well done. Most importantly, my wife was truly surprised and loved it. The staff is genuinely glad you are there, are very helpful and most speak fluent English. The private ground transfer from/to the airport and VR's private yacht is also a nice touch and allows you to avoid the hassle and hustle of public transportation. VR is truly adults only, whereas some hotels claim to be, but aren't. The facilities and food are exceptional. The fresh seafood is finely prepared and all meals, including breakfast are professionally presented. The breads and pasta are homemade and do justice to Southern Italian cuisine. On our last night, I ordered the Osso Buco. I've had OB in New York, Las Vegas, San Francisco and Europe. This was as well or better prepared than any I've had. It paired well with an Argentinian Malbec from an adequate wine list, but the wine selection is perhaps the only item not world class. All room details and furnishings are clean, operational and without damage or excessive wear. The multiple pools provide nice fresh water/salt water options. Patio jacuzzi is a fun bonus. Views and sunsets are post-card quality. The bar manager, Hilario, in the welcoming Cozy-Cozy Bar is most friendly and accomodating. Ariel, our server at seaside and poolside was friendly, attentive but not intrusive.The feeling of privacy and exclusivity are everywhere within this resort. My wife and I have traveled in the US, Europe, Central America and Mexico extensively, staying at some of the finest hotels and resorts. VR meets or exceeds them all in most categories, especially service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun? Share your experiences!