“Sensational” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun

You added Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun to your Saves list
Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Fracc. Laguna Mar SM. 7 Mza. 75 Lotes 15 y 16 | Carretera Sac-Bajo, Isla Mujeres 77400, Mexico (Formerly Hotel Villa Rolandi)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Isla Mujeres
“Sensational”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed here in August 2011 , extremely late for my review but I consider it better late than never.
My experience was nothing short of superb from start to finish , I spent four nights and did not leave the hotel at any stage pool,rooms,spa and restaurant all sensational , would not hesitate in coming back.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Villa Rolandi is the perfect boutique hotel. We booked it through a Groupon Getaway deal for our honeymoon and what a deal we got. The grounds are beautiful, the rooms are spacious and romantic, the staff is friendly and everything is very clean. We had a spectacular view of Cancun from our 3rd floor room and we loved having the sliding glass door open to catch the gentle breezes and hear the waves. We got excellent service and I could have stayed there for another few nights (we only stayed 3 nights). We ate breakfast at the restaurant every morning and tried the restaurant for dinner as well, too. The food was good, but nothing spectacular, however our servers were all very good (and bilingual!). We loved the private beach, personal hot tub on our balcony and of course the yacht ride to the port. I think Villa Rolandi is the closest I have ever been to paradise. I hope to return one day!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

From the moment that my fiancé and I stepped onto the Yacht ("Cocoon") to the "dulces (candy)" in the evening, we were consistently impressed with Villa Rolandi!

As we boarded Cocoon, we expected others to join us. But, after the crew pushed back from the dock, we realized that we were the only ones on the yacht for the trip from Cancun to Isla Mujeres! We immediately felt "especial!"

Victor (the Concierge) greeted us on the dock as we arrived at the hotel. He spoke English very well (educated in the USA). As we approached the hotel, we were given a refreshing drink (served in champagne glasses) and towels "to refresh ourselves." We sat in the lobby...amazed at the beauty of our surroundings.

Victor escorted us to our room. We booked a Jr. Suite on the third floor (Room 305). The view was unbelievable! We were overlooking the pool, a private beach, coconut trees, the Caribbean Sea and a priceless view of Cancun (on the other side of the Caribbean Sea). Each patio was extremely private for eating breakfast each morning and nights in the hot tub! We marveled at the design of the hotel in that the architect was very clever in how the rooms were arranged to maximize each guest's privacy.

We had dinner the first night in the restaurant. Everything we ordered was excellent! And, the wait staff was very attentive. We watched the sunset while we ate dinner....

The bed was EXTREMELY comfortable. I finally got a good night's sleep for the first time since my fiancé and I traveled to Burton, Texas to "get away from it all."

My fiancé enjoyed snorkeling in the water, while I watched crabs play in the sand. Juarez (waiter on the beach) was very attentive to us. We were never thirsty while sitting on our beach chairs under the umbrella. As we visited other parts of Isla Mujeres, I appreciated the private beach even more -- no extra charges for the chair/umbrella and not having to "fend off" solicitors while enjoying the sun and waves crashing against the shore.

Reason that I entitled my review "Fantasy Island?" We felt like we were in a fantasy land the entire time we were at this hotel. We wanted to ask Victor where "Tattoo" was...as we never saw Tattoo the entire time we were there. But, we did find this hotel to be a fantasy come true!

Thank you Hotel Villa Rolandi for a perfect vacation

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

OMG this hotel is just to good for words from the private Boat arrival, to the rooms, to the food, to the private beach and most importantly to the staff. This place is #1 and will be for a long time to come, after driving round the island all the other places were just a dump in comparison. I'll just focus on the staff. MIGUEL in the restaurant was a legend he took me on a journey of wine that was sublime, 7 Bottles! not one was less than honey on velvet his presence and service especially of the seafood platter made our meals. If MIGUEL was not in the restaurant we went to Qubano's (go see my review of that place) he was that good :) VICTOR at the front desk got more than a tip he got a personal present from me! he was a master, his ability to translate problems into solutions from language to anything else was extraordinary. AMY my darling, her smile melts chocolate she made never want to leave the way she was able to tell me i had it all wrong (when i had) made me feel warm and fuzzy. There was a guy that was the night desk person and I'm ashamed that i cant remember his name but every time i saw him i was a little drunk (don't judge, i'm on holidays) and he just helped me out with keys and walking and stuff what a legend. I should mention the late night swims on the beach for a honeymoon just perfect! Here is the best thing you'll never here anywhere else. The Owners are involved and support some amazing charities on the mainland I got to see it first hand. So your money is doing good things. Leaving was like leaving family, I stand and say Bravo I will remember this place forever. Oh Ok I'll give you a negative, the Spa is the most expensive in the world I was shocked! I'm a spa maniac but the prices were insane, so i just didn't go, no problem.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

This was our second trip to Isla Murejes. First of all, the people are what make Villa Rolandi world class, especially Victor Garcia, the Concierge, who (upon our first night's arrival) coordinated a special private birthday dinner for my wife on their beach, complete with candles placed within the sand and surrounding our table in the shape of a heart. At age 56 I'm no longer easily impressed or romantically smitten; however, this was unexpected and very well done. Most importantly, my wife was truly surprised and loved it. The staff is genuinely glad you are there, are very helpful and most speak fluent English. The private ground transfer from/to the airport and VR's private yacht is also a nice touch and allows you to avoid the hassle and hustle of public transportation. VR is truly adults only, whereas some hotels claim to be, but aren't. The facilities and food are exceptional. The fresh seafood is finely prepared and all meals, including breakfast are professionally presented. The breads and pasta are homemade and do justice to Southern Italian cuisine. On our last night, I ordered the Osso Buco. I've had OB in New York, Las Vegas, San Francisco and Europe. This was as well or better prepared than any I've had. It paired well with an Argentinian Malbec from an adequate wine list, but the wine selection is perhaps the only item not world class. All room details and furnishings are clean, operational and without damage or excessive wear. The multiple pools provide nice fresh water/salt water options. Patio jacuzzi is a fun bonus. Views and sunsets are post-card quality. The bar manager, Hilario, in the welcoming Cozy-Cozy Bar is most friendly and accomodating. Ariel, our server at seaside and poolside was friendly, attentive but not intrusive.The feeling of privacy and exclusivity are everywhere within this resort. My wife and I have traveled in the US, Europe, Central America and Mexico extensively, staying at some of the finest hotels and resorts. VR meets or exceeds them all in most categories, especially service.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Villa Rolandi on Isla Mujures is one of my very favorite places to stay. I have stayed there 10 different times over many years. I have stayed during each of the seasons and have found it to be consistently excellent. The accommodations, the beach and all rooms with ocean views and beautiful decor,the food, and the ambiance. Service and privacy are key to a wonderful and relaxing experience.I love the people who work here. General Manager Gian Carlo, Delia and Victor in the reception, Hilario the Bar manager, Ariel our wonderful server, pool and beach side. All of the restaurant and kitchen staff are first class! Villa Rolandi will even pick you up in their own yacht the Cocoon in Cancun and deliver you right to their own dock on Isla Mujares at their front entrance. Enjoy their private beach with magnificent crystal clear, warm turquoise waters. Their rates are very affordable, especially for the quality you receive all around. I love Villa Rolandi and expect you will too! A private piece of paradise or heaven...you decide.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Tacoma, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed at Villa Rolandi after researching hotels for a possible honeymoon location next year. We decided Villa Rolandi was the one because of the small number of rooms, adult-only place, and less people than on Cancun. The entire staff were wonderful. Victor gave us great restaurant places. They were out of the way places with extraordinary flavor!
Did the Dolphin Discovery and went for last show and less crowded than earlier shows! We were treated to VIP service as we were guests of V. Rolandi. Golf cart was fun (just watch for the topes..speed bumps!) Only bad thing was the heavy rain that came while at Playa Norte..humid and wet was no bueno! But it was the season...Overall, the place was wonderful, spacious rooms, free breakfasts, and staff made ALL the difference!!! Thank you!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun? Share your experiences!