“An expierence!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 18 Attractions in Isla Mujeres
Type: National Parks, Nature/ Wildlife Areas, Water Parks, Reefs, Outdoors
Activities: Snorkeling, Hiking
More attraction details
Owner description: Garrafon Park is a natural wonder on the island paradise of Isla Mujeres. With a spectacular reef for snorkeling, sprawling green areas with hammock gardens, cliffside paths, zip lines, kayaks, bicycles and the best views in the Mexican Caribbean, Garrafon Park is the ideal way to spend a day with your loved ones.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Riverside, California
“An expierence!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I went to this island not knowing what to expect. The friends that were traveling with us said we had to come here. So we did!! And it was well worth it!! We zip lined and snorkeled. The zip lining was so fun and scary at the same time. It's over the beach and into the water!! It was an expierence!!
The snorkeling was fun too! We saw a lot of fish!! Even a baracoda!! Ekk!! The swore it wont bit but still we went in!! The beach was perfect to just sit and rest and the pool was a nice too. Not too deep which was perfect!
We even got to walk around the island a bit. We walked to the cliff of the dawn near the temple at the end of the island. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL!!!

The buffet lunch was delicious also. And once again was all you could drink. There is even a swing bar and grassy area full of hammicks! So nice! And iguanas are everywhere!!

The money we paid was well worth it!! It was a good time.

Fort Worth, Texas
13 attraction reviews
“Eh, I would not spend my money here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We went for the day and spent 60 bucks each. Ships come over from cancun and pollute the area with the party atmosphere and it really is not that kind of place. We stayed on the island and would have rather stayed at playa norte beach.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
5 attraction reviews
“LIKE SNORKELING IN NEW JERSEY”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I only leave a review when I am either very impressed or upset with something. My fiancé and I were so excited to snorkel before we headed back to Cancun. We stopped here on our gold cart and its was the worst mistake ever. We paid $60.00 and as soon as I jumped in the water I knew I made a big mistake. WHERE ARE THE FISH???? Not one fish. I swear to you. As the other reviewers said, its also roped off which makes the experience that much worse. The reason my title for this review is "LIKE SNORKELING IN NEW JERSEY" is because for the rest of our trip we laughed about it saying we just snorkeled in New Jersey. No offense New Jersey, but when you go to a Caribbean island you don't expect to snorkel in green water.

Visited January 2013
Galveston, Texas
“Best Deal for your $”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We really enjoyed our day at Garrafon Natural Reef Park. We also went to Garrafon de Castille and it does not compare to the Natural Reef Park if you don't mind spending a little more money. For $49 you get an all inclusive day with ziplining, kayaking, snorkeling, bike riding, food and drinks. Service was great and the snorkeling couldn't have been better. The day at Garrafon was the best day of our trip.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 attraction reviews
“Felt like a theme park”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I personally disliked Garrafon. I will not be back. The techno-Mexican music blaring makes it next to impossible to relax, the food is horrible (fake nacho cheese on the quesadilla and very average dry hamburgers), the constant announcements on the loud speakers is annoying, the places to relax have beautiful views but there is not a swimming beach. The snorkling is lousy- really rough water, very little to see- the reef is dead. The zip line is ok...certainly leaves a lot to be desired. We are a young, adventurous couple, so its not that we dislike fun activities- this place felt like a very poorly done wanna-be theme park instead of a beautiful relaxing getaway. I would rather find a place on Playa Norte and enjoy the water. My husband and I felt that we had wasted a day at Garrafon.