“Wonderful apartments in great location!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Color de Verano Village Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isla Mujeres
Color de Verano Village Apartments
You added Color de Verano Village Apartments to your Saves list
Av, Adolfo L Mateos | Centro, Isla Mujeres, Mexico   |
New York, NY
“Wonderful apartments in great location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I've been traveling to Isla for a few years now; sometimes I stay at a small family run hotel, and sometimes I like to try someplace new. I'm so glad we stayed at Color de Verano for the first time this August! We originally booked a Studio, but we were upgraded to Apartment 2, as they were doing renovations on the Studios.

Apartment 2 was sunny and bright, spacious, clean, and had a large balcony. The price was very reasonable, the location is great (across the street from the beach and 2 blocks from Hidalgo), and Teresa, the owner, is very sweet and accommodating. Although we didn’t do a ton of cooking (this is vacation after all), the kitchen was well-stocked and convenient in case we wanted to refrigerate and re-heat leftovers.

Color de Verano offers a few "extras" that you don't get while staying at a hotel. For example, although there is free WiFi in the rooms for your own personal device, there is also an office with a computer. In the office there is also an icebox with ice for purchase, as well as a wine cabinet with bottles of wine for purchase. Although we did not end up needing/wanting any, it was lovely to have it there. What was really fantastic, was they provide beach towels, beach chairs, and an umbrella. It wasn’t always ideal to bring it all to and from the beach, but certainly worth not having to rent them everyday. Drinking water is also provided in the kitchen and a complimentary bottle of wine was waiting for us upon arrival.

I suppose if I had any complaints they are all very minor. For example, the ceiling/floors seem to be paper-thin. Early in the mornings, it sounded like our upstairs neighbors were rearranging all the furniture in the entire place – haha. There is some minor street noise, but it’s still very quiet at night. I think the worst thing was the water pressure. I know…this is Mexico, but it was definitely worse than anywhere else I’ve stayed on the Island. However, it appeared that the work they were doing on the Studios while we were there was in the bathrooms, so perhaps they are working on it. ☺

Overall, our stay was fantastic, and I would highly recommend Color de Verano to anyone. We will definitely be staying again!

Room Tip: Studios are on the ground level, Apartment 1 is up one flight of stairs, Apartment 2 up 2 flights, a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Lafayette, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have previously reviewed CDV a few years ago and put plenty of pictures of this property. I just wanted to add a couple of quick, new things. First of all, Teresa has had all new WIFI put in throughout the entire building and that is a huge plus as the old WIFI wasn't very good. Last summer she put in flat screen TVs and that was a plus. Then for this summer the door to each unit now has an electronic lock system so can no longer lock your actual apartment door key in your apartment which we had done in the past. This place is like a 2nd home to us and we love it. Last year I asked for an extra pillow and lo and behold when we walked in this summer there was my extra pillow on the bed again. That is what I call attention to detail. This is a lovely spot, great view, fantastic owners and worth every penny!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kelowna
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed for 1 week in the second floor suite, (would have liked the penthouse but it is booked well in advance) and the suite was great. Maid service was excellent, clean and tidy everyday and plenty of supplies. The laundry room is right outside your door so cleaning up a few favorites to wear again was very convenient. The location was great, right beside Jax but you didn't hear any noise coming from there. You have an ocean view off the deck and morning coffee on the balcony was perfect. The beds very a little less than comfy for us.. all personal taste. We did get to meet Teresa on our last day there and she was so nice. It was nice that beach chairs an umbrella and even coolers were available for use. Paying for the suite was a bit of a challenge... I used paypal and paid the extra 4 percent and was told I could use my CC to pay the remainder when I arrived, but that was not the case. When we got there the property manager said she wanted cash... we did not want use our cash as we thought we could use credit. We worked it out that I would pay with paypal again and be hit with another 4% service charge. The suite had wifi but it was hit and miss... the hotel across the street (PA) had better wifi and you could get it in the room. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Book early and try to get the Penthouse... the suites are awesome either way.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We just got back from two weeks staying at Color de Verano and could have stayed there a month because it was so comfortable. Apartment #2 doesn't have the fabulous view of the penthouse but is very large---big kitchen living room space, very big bedroom with king sized bed, spacious bathroom with double vanity and separate shower and toilet space, and very large balcony (two sets of sliding doors, from bedroom and living room) with a large table, four chairs and two comfy lounge chairs. The apartment is very well appointed: there aren't a lot of kitchen items but enough to cook proper meals (made Bolognese meat sauce with pasta and breaded pork chuletas, for example). It has a two burner stove, microwave, and full size refrigerator. It was great to have beach chairs, towels, and an umbrella for the beach right across the street. The place is immaculately clean and very tastefully decorated. The only downside is that the street below is sometimes noisy with golf carts, mopeds, and an unusual number of cabs. Teresa is wonderfully accommodating and a pleasure to talk with----she provides a bottle of wine on arrival, allows guests to use the washing machine on the first floor and the computer room on the second floor. We liked it so much, we booked for next year.

Room Tip: Apartment two is very spacious.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed in the penthouse over Christmas and New Years this year. Theresa the owner is lovely and so helpful. The view from the penthouse is absolutely amazing from the wrap around roof top patio. We had so many fun times up there watching the sunset with the others in our group who were staying in the main floor units.
The room was clean and the amenities were great. There is a hammock you can string across the living room and relax in. There is also beach chairs, beach towels and a cooler you can take down to the beach which is right across the street. AC worked very well. Shower pressure was not very good but there was hot water.
My only real complaint about the room is the bed is a queen sized bed and is not very comfortable. It is not terrible but it just kind fof took away from the whole experience of such a lovely room when you wake up in the morning with a bit of a stiff back.
But all in all Color De Verano is an amazing place to stay and the location is unbeatable. I highly reccomend staying here. Some time we are going to try and rent one of the smaller apartments below. The second or third floor rooms are huge and I think they would be a great place to stay.

Room Tip: If you are bad with stairs I would reccomend staying in one of the lower rooms. The stairs to the p...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
york pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

my husband and I stayed here in the penthouse fo 3 nights in the 1st week of november after spending a week in Riviera Maya with 38 friends. 1st off we booked thru lost Oasis. Vicki was very nice to deal with and everything went smoothly, highly recommend her company. Now the penthouse....it was something getting our luggage up to 4th floor, but well worth it. The unit was very clean and the balcony was out of this world. I have had a lot of oceanfront balconies in my life, but this was the best view ever. The hot tub was wonderful to use in the evening, my husband could not get enough of it. there were 2 beach chairs , beach towels and even a cooler to take to the beach across the street, this was a very nice touch. We absolutely loved this place and would like to return for 9 nights in 2013.

Room Tip: penthouse was awesome
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We have always wanted to stay in the Penthouse, having been given a 'tour' once when we were regular visitors to the Cafe there , now sadly closed.
What stopped us was the 'waiting list'. It is such a great place to stay that in the Season it does get fully booked. However needing a break after an intense and exhausting business trip to Europe we were not put off by the hot and humid weather in September and this was the perfect get away. We did stay in another property in Isla owned by the proprietor and were made to feel so welcome that we looked forward to returning. We were not disappointed. If you have read other reviews then you will know that the apartment is beautifully furnished (much of it made by the owners husband)and has wonderful views out to the Beach across the road and the bay separating Isla from the mainland.
What makes the place so special for us is the beautiful' energy' of the owner Teresa. She made us feel immediately at home and did everything to make our stay as pleasant as possible.
Whilst Isla can be very hot and humid this time of year. Don't let that put you off. The temperature of the sea ensures you never get too hot! Some of the plentiful Island's Restaurants are closed off season but most remain open and are pleasantly uncrowded though less so at the weekend.
I was delighted to find that prices on the Island as well as in Cancun outside of the Hotel Zone were most reasonable. Personally I will not be going back to the Hotel Zone again. Too crowded and way too expensive. Why it is so much more expensive than my home town in Texas, I will never know!

Room Tip: The Penthouse suite is exceptional but all the rooms are much nicer than most hotels.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotel Bahia Chac Chi
Hotel Bahia Chac Chi
#9 of 36 in Isla Mujeres
4.5 of 5 stars 246 reviews

Been to Color de Verano Village Apartments? Share your experiences!