“Good meals” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sunset Grill

Sunset Grill
Andador Rueda Medina Playa Norte | Condominios Nautibeach, Isla Mujeres 77400, Mexico
+52 998 877 0785
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #39 of 152 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: European, Seafood, International
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Description: Best beach location on the island. Free beach beds and shower.Beautiful sunset and romantic dining. Excellent cuisine. Wonderful wedding and rehearsal packages!
“Good meals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

We had several lunchs and diners in this restaurant sea front and close to our hotel. Meals and espacially fishes are goods. Staff is very friendly. Be relax it could be sometimes a bit long but you can appreciate the view.

Visited July 2014

Ridgefield, Connecticut
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

This is sort of a tourist trap but the food was good and the sunsets amazing. We did see a drunk arguing with the manager. When the cops showed up he went quietly.

Visited July 2014
Dfw
“Great Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Stopped here for some beach time after an excursion and was hoping to grab a beach chair but since there are only 14 I was out of luck. Decided to stay and try food as the reviews had been favorable. Service was prompt & welcoming. The Lobster quesadilla was delicious & served hot. I will be back as the location is perfect for sunsets.

Lafayette, Indiana
“Booo!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I would like to say that I have always been a fan of the Sunset Grill and I have reviewed this place before and given it a good review but wow...not a good visit for us at this place this year. We were there three different times on our past trip. The service was terrible. There is slow and then there is holy cow slow. They also got our bill wrong one time and then the other time they forgot part of our order so my husband ate his lunch about 25 minutes before I ate mine. I always go there for some chicken nachos because they are fabulous. That still holds true. The chicken nachos still rock. But this year we got the fish fingers which previously had been good. This year (we had them twice just to give then a second chance) they were awful. A ton of breading, over fried, tasted like they hadn't change the oil in the fryer in a month. Terrible. Then we got the lobster quesadilla. I had wanted to try that last year but never got around to it. Ugg! Terrible too. The lobster was so tough and chewy and had no taste to it. Waste of 160 pesos. They didn't have any tables in the sand where you could eat anymore either. Only dining seating was inside under the palapa. Anyway, will we ever go back? If by next year we have forgotten how awful our experience was then we might go back and get some chicken nachos but that may be pushing it. To say I was disappointed with this place this year is an understatement.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Felipe B, Owner at Sunset Grill, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Thank you for your feedback!
I am very sorry you had a bad experience!!
I would recommend for here and any restaurant you are served something that is not completely to your satisfaction, tell the waiter or ask for the person in charge. Be fair! Give us a chance to solve it!
If you don´t get everything solved to your satisfaction, write very hard comments, so other persons know the situation.
Thank you!
Felipe Biermann - owner
Mexico City, Mexico
“Must have it experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This is the second time we had a dinner with family in - Evening in a nice table at the edge of the sea with a charming enviroment that you will never forget. We really had great meals, drinks with an excelece service all the time. I strongly recommend to have a time there. I would say..all the best in Isla.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant