“Once again outstanding” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 166 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French, Dessert, Bakeries
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Dinner in a private garden around a communal table. Chef Lolo creates a different menu each night. Please tell the chef of any special needs, dislikes or allergies when you reserve and she will accommodate you
Key West FL
“Once again outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

We have lost count of the number of outstanding meals we have enjoyed at Lolo Lorena's on our many trips to Isla. But we can count on one thing & that is we will return to her marvelous restaurant on our next visit. Lorena is a lovely and talented women who welcomes to her home & restaurant. And what a welcome it is and this is before you sit down. She is outgoing, exuberant, delightful, charming, attentive, oh can she create a meal. We have dined with friends and folks we have met on arrival. Whether it is their first visit or a return visit everyone has left the table raving about the meal from start to finish (leave room for dessert). Make this a must do on your Isla visit you will not be disappointed.

Denise & Greg Dunbar
Key West

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Austin, Texas
“A great experience - a must do on Isla”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

My wife and I had dinner with Lolo on Isla Mujeres in mid-June 2011. It was just the three of us and the food was super as was the company with Lolo. I've been coming is Isla for 16 years and I can't believe I waited this long to dine at Lolo's. Although she had a group of 22 wanting to have dinner that same night she rescheduled them as she knew the two of us dinning for a wedding anniversary likely did not want to join a group of 22! The salad was super as was the monk fish - it had a distinct lobster like flavor. The deserts (a dozen small desserts each) were the perfect way to end the evening. A fire dancing group stopped by hoping for the larger group but she encouraged them to preform for us and it was really magical. A must do item on your Isla itinerary - we will be back!
-Mike

San Francisco, California
“Simply wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

My partner and I recently had a wedding reception on Isla Mujeres- hosting 20 or so people on Isla Mujeres for a week. One of the nights, we were fortunate to meet one of the most amazing people I have ever met- the one and only Lolo. Before I get into the food- let me start by saying she is one of the most interesting and perhaps creative people I have met. Is there anything that woman cannot conquer? I don't think so.

On to the food. The morning of our wedding, the day after we met her, she pops by our hotel to bring us the best chocolate croissants I have ever had in my life- still warm from the oven. So yummy. We had made reservations for 11 of us in the wedding party for a dinner two nights later so needless to say these little nibbles of heaven got me very excited. And I was most certainly not let down. Lolo served us a meal fit for a king. Or two queens and their friends and family. At one point, I heard my Dad moan out, a little too loudly over one of the dishes, but then I caught myself doing it as well a couple of bites later. The food was creative and filling, so many combined flavors. I had so many compliments from my guests for the selection of the restaurant.

Thanks so so much Lolo, and we will see you again!

Annandale, Virginia
“Alluring & Irresistible”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

When you are ready to have a beautifully prepared 5 course dinner by a striking woman who emulates a long lost friend, family member, or somebody you have known for years from Brussels Lolo Lorena's is the place to go. There are many chefs who will not cook for people with food restrictions (seafood allergies, vegetarian, or vegan); Lolo is not one of them. That was one of her first questions when we met to discuss our private 20 person experience. Lolo takes advantage of finding fresh ingredients the day of your event and preparing not only taste sensations but incredibly artistic plates as well. Flavor and presentation are of the utmost of importance to her, which is not a difficult feat for her as she is incredibly passionate about her true love…food in its simplest form. Keep in mind that I am a Chef which in turn makes it very hard for me to enjoy going out as I am very critical of every aspect. Not only does one go to Lolo Lorena’s for the food, but for the entertainment as well. Lolo sets up a wonderful show after dinner, I will not tell what it is...better as a surprise. This is something that you won’t want to miss, in fact don’t miss an opportunity to enjoy life like this! It will remind you why you are alive!!!

Brooklyn, New York
“Truly magical experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

My Husband and 2 friends and I had the special opportunity to dine with Lolo at her magical restaurant at the end of May. We had read the reviews on Tripadvisor and decided it sounded like fun! We had no idea what we were in store for. We were stunned at the beautiful and very charming house. Its so well decorated, and maintained. Instantly we were charmed by Lolo's presence-- she couldn't have been more inviting. The food was amazing-- we had a full 5 course meal that was wonderful. Im a vegetarian so she took a lot of care in making sure that my food was just as delicious as my meat-eating friends(I think my meal might have been better than theirs, but I know Im biased : ).
At the end of the meal, she gave us a tour of the property and we were able to see the amazing view of Isla Mujeres from her rooftop.
It was so wonderful, we ended up going back for a 2nd time on our trip & had an amazing experience again. My husband is a photographer, so he took a few photos of the experience, which Ill post here as well.
Couldnt recommend Lolo enough-- it was truly magical and we cant wait to go back!

• Visited May 2011