“Not very nice” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Xbulu-Ha

You added Hotel Xbulu-Ha to your Saves list
Hotel Xbulu-Ha
2.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Calle Vicente Guerrero #4 | Col. Centro, Isla Mujeres 77400, Mexico   |
Ranked #12 of 28 Isla Mujeres B&B and Inns
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Not very nice”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Very noisy by the talking (or should I say, shouting, of the people who run it and their families). No consideration whatsoever for people who might want to sleep in. Our room on the ground floor was rather gloomy and crummy, right next to an office that has nothing to do with the hostel..weird...The reception staff is friendly and helpful and it is possible that there are nicer rooms, ours was horrible.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
hotelxbuluha, Director General at Hotel Xbulu-Ha, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
I am sorry for your experience.
Xbulu-Ha hotel is a familiar hotel and I can not deny accommodation to family guest. On July the hotel was almost full and of course, more persons walk on any of the corridor, not matter what floor.

About the room features, I respect your opinion.
Thanks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We have been staying at Xbulu-Ha Hotel for the last five years. From the first day of our first stay this place has felt like home away from home. Gabriel the owner manager has provided the best service we have ever had at any hotel. He goes well out of his way to ensure that his guests are comfortable. Gabriel's assistant and maintenance man is also great, and has gone to great lengths to teach himself English so that he can help people better. The ladies who clean are wonderful, very honest, friendly, cheerful and do a great job.
The Hotel is not plush, or full of fancy, but it is very clean, comfortable, and modern. The atmosphere of the Hotel is very social with many Happy Hours. Gabriel is constantly renovating and improving. The hotel has a great location, close to most everything, but far enough to be quiet at night when you want to sleep. There are many guests who return every year, and have been coming for five or six years since the Hotel opened.
Gabriel runs an excellent hotel with a high level of honesty and professionalism, so I can't believe that someone could write such an inaccurate, unsupported and slanderous review like this one that was just posted. It is obviously full of false accusations to satisfy their own misguided opinion. Anyone who has ever stayed here will agree. I would encourage anyone reading these reviews to read the many great reviews this hotel has received and then draw your own conclusion as to the validity of this previous review.

Room Tip: room to the back of the hotel are quieter
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Windsor, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I have found this to be a very friendly and
reliable place to stay. Whenever I return to the Island I make it a point to stay
here. It is a low to moderately priced Hotel with very friendly staff who try hard to satisfy
any reasonable demand. The owner of the business, Gabriel, is a true gentleman who
deals with his guests in a fair way. I have always felt comfortable and relaxed here. The
cleaning staff are exceptionally warm and friendly, as is the maintenance man, Juan Carlos.
The rooms are cleaned daily in a very satisfactory way. The location is great, close to all
the restaurants and stores. It is only a five to ten minute walk at best to the beaches. I would
recommend this establishment to anyone looking for a comfortable,well managed and moderately priced Hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Green Cove Springs, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We are avid scuba divers so we tend to put our money into the diving and go with budget lodgings. That said, budget-priced Hotel Xbulu-Ha is a cut or two above the usual BDA (basic diver accommodations). It is safe and conveniently located right around the corner from two of the islands' best dive operators. The rooms are clean, simply furnished, in good condition, and most appliances (frig, hair dryer, free Wi-Fi, ceiling fans, toilets, inroom safes,TV, AC) function well. The AC in our room cooled the room sufficiently but got very noisy after running for a few hours. Our trip mates didn't mention any problem with theirs. The beds are very, very firm and a little uncomfortable.

The staff at Hotel Xbulu-Ha are it's biggest asset. Juan Carlos and Gabriel accommodated our every request from cheerfully switching my sister's room because it reeked of cigarette smoke from the previous maverick occupant (Xbulu-Ha is a nonsmoking hotel) to providing a bucket in which to rinse our salty dive gear, to letting us use their office printer free of charge to print dive log pages, to taking the time to give us impromptu Spanish lessons, to hauling up to our 2nd floor room a heavy 20 liter bottle of water. The daily maid service was efficient and friendly. Need more towels? No problem. Just walk into the self-serve laundry on the second floor and help yourself.

Would I stay here again? Definitely, yes.

Room Tip: The best room is room #5. This room has only one double bed but has a two-sweater table, flat screen...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Taos Ski Valley, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Avoid this place like the plague. I stayed there one night. My seatic nerve gave out, I tripped and started bleeding. I needed to go to the Hospital . When I returned My luggage was locked up until I paid $ 120 for blood on their motel sheets. I had a Docters notice of a concussion. This place is a total dump and the owner is a thief with no compassion. I have written many suggestions throughout the world where to stay. I promise you I have never had a worse experience. Spare yourself.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
hotelxbuluha, Director General at Hotel Xbulu-Ha, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
It is a shame that this guest think this about the hotel, my staff and me.
But that person forgot telling this:

- She drank some drug with a bottle of alcohol (Vodka).
- My employee found her on the floor and laid her down on the bed.
- I called Red Cross because she was in very bad conditions.
- Both beds and pillows had blood.
- There was puke all over the room.
- I was in the hospital when she arrived with the ambulante.
- The paramedic and I called to her daughter in USA.
- I stored for free all her belongins in the hotel.
- And the worst thing I did was asking her to pay for the stained sheet sets. She paid less of what said in the comment.
Port Coquitlam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I stayed at Xbulu Ha for 2 weeks in February this year. We felt very comfortable and safe as 2 women travelling here for the 1st time. The owner and his family made us feel so welcome. It was clean, reasonably priced,comfortable and close to everything. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a wonderful reliable hotel on Isla Mujeres.

• Stayed February 2014
Kansas City, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Very clean, friendly and safe place to stay. Offered all we needed for our visit. Would consider staying here again next year! There is construction going on which was a little noisy during the day and the WIFI was a little spotty...but we didn't go to the island to hang out in our room...so it was perfectly fine! Also, Gabriel did tell us to let him know if the construction noise got to be to much.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor which was nice because we had a nice sunny outdoor space
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Xbulu-Ha? Share your experiences!