“Best Dive Business on Isla Mujeres” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aqua Adventures Eco Divers

Aqua Adventures Eco Divers
Av. Juarez at Av. Morelos | Banamex Bank Intersection, Isla Mujeres 77400, Mexico
+52 998 236 4316
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 41 activities in Isla Mujeres
Type: Water sports
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: PADI resort #19146 since 2004. English speaking, Dive, train, whale shark tours, snorkeling, inspected tanks, oxygen on the boats!! We are a family owned dive center offering PADI courses through divemaster. Our goal is to provide you, your friends and family with safe fun aquatic adventures and education! Book your adventure today!
OHIO
“Best Dive Business on Isla Mujeres”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I went diving with my girlfriend Erica to the museo and another dive site. The day before we swam with whale sharks. Eco Divers took care of all our needs. We were used to diving in Belize where I have all my equipment. Eco Divers made it easy for us. I would dive again with them in a heart beat. I decided to go to Isla Mujeres for January 2014. I am counting the days until I dive with them. Jim, Daisy and staff are the greatest.
Thanks,
Daniel and Erica

Visited September 2013

• Polish first
San Francisco, California, United States
“First time dive in Isla Mujeres!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed in Isla Mujeres this past August. We did Discover Scuba and the whale shark tour. It was my first time diving and I got great instruction from Carlos. He was very patient and supportive when we were under the water, even when I got nervous. Jim (the owner) also came out on the boat with us. He took a larger group of experienced divers out to a reef and Carlos went down separately with just my boyfriend and myself in the Underwater Museum. It was an incredible experience and so great to get the one-on-one attention I needed for my first dive. The next day we went on the whale shark trip. It was a long ride on choppy waters (I recommend taking Dramamine to avoid seasickness), but was so amazing when we arrived at our destination. There were whale sharks everywhere and we got to swim within inches of them. Jim and Daisy also provided us with a small but very tasty lunch and drinks. Overall, it was a great experience and I would definitely dive with Eco Divers again!

San Diego, California
3 attraction reviews
“Great people, great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We had the opportunity to dive with Jim and Daisy Silver at Aqua Adventures in Isla Mujeres. For our August trip to Isla Mujeres, we decided to get our PADI open water certification. I had communicated with Jim via email months prior to our trip and had reserved our days in advance (although I don't think to have to reserve dives or trips ahead of arriving top the island). We went through the certification process which involved "classroom time", in the water skills training and dives. If I were to do this again, I think I would have done the classroom work, knowledge reviews and tests ahead of time, so that we did not have to spend days in the shop watching the videos. The instructor Carlos was patient with us as we sat through days of videos and taking quizes. Once we got in the water we were GREAT! The dives were awesome and Carlos was very reassuring and helpful throughout the process. The Caribbean is definitely the way to go when getting your certification; warm water, beautiful fish and even a sea turtle! We are getting our adv diving certification here in San Diego so next time we come, we can go on more dives with Aqua Adventures!! Jim, Daisy and Carlos are friendly Americans who have relocated to Isla Mujeres and run this great operation!
One suggestion comes on the organizational/preparation part. We had to wait a long time to get started on our classroom work due to the DVD player not working bc the remote was lost. Time would have been better used if there was more prep ahead of time to avoid situations such as this.
Overall, I WILL return to dive with them again!! Thanks for everything Guys!! krysten and pablo

Cambridge
3 attraction reviews
“Discover scuba and whale sharks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We did a discover scuba and a whale shark trip separately with Aqua Adventures. The diving was great and Jim was an excellent and re-assuring teacher, and a really nice, interesting guy. We booked a whale shark trip for later in the week. I think as the port had been closed several times earlier in the week due to weather it was all quite hectic so we may not have used their regular boat. Anyway, the boat seemed to be the slowest going out and that, like others, we felt it was a little disorganised at the start (we seemed to turn up about 45 mins earlier than we needed to have done). The guide was fantastic once we got to the whale sharks, and it was an incredible experience, and the food was lovely too.

Atlanta, Georgia
13 attraction reviews
“Whale Sharks!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Me, my hubby (not divers) and two friends ( cert. divers) took the whale shark swim adventure 9/7/13. Our boat was fast, our captain was great and the dive crew on board were so wonderful.
I do agree with other reviews that the get started process is a little disorganized but once on the boat everything went great. Even the prepared food for lunch (chicken sandwiches and ceviche) were really good. The others on our trip were awesome as well and a great time was shared by all. We got to see 5-6 whale sharks and countless giant manta rays.
What a humbling experience to be in open waters of 100 feet or more with sharks and a life vest...

Visited September 2013