“Fantastic First Meal on Isla!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #86 of 147 restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
“Fantastic First Meal on Isla!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My travel buddy and I chose to eat here our first night on the island because we had noticed it when we got off the ferry earlier in the afternoon and it was a short walk from our hotel (Bahia Chac Chi). We started out with some guacamole, which both of us enjoyed. My friend had the calamari and said it's the best she's ever had (which means something coming from her, an Italian lady!). I had the bacon-wrapped, cheese-stuffed, deep-fried shrimp and it was the single best meal I had on the island. I even made the couple next to me try one, and they ended up ordering it themselves. We had very attentive service, as well. Since it's located on the beach, you may be hit up by a few vendors - be prepared. Most go away quickly with a, 'no, gracias.' I highly recommend this place!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

77% Recommend
Ogden, UT
“Stuffed and then stuffed some more.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We pulled over in our golf cart to pick up a couple walking to the new super. They recommended this place, right on the beach. We tried the tikin xic grouper, and calamari and tamarindo shrimp, sitting right on the beach. The calamari and shrimp would have been more than enough, but when the grilled grouper came, we were overwhelmed. Served with tasty rice, and veggies, and a variation of yummy cole slaw, with a load of corn tortillas, we were able to box up and take home another whole dinner!
It was all perfectly prepared and delicious, and the service was amicable and fast considering the laid back atmosphere.
I'd go to Cancun again just to eat there again.

• Visited October 2012
Westport, Washington
“food was good but”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

great shrimp, good nachos and coconut shrimp was good also, be prepared to wait, 1 hour for us and only 3 other couples there, also if you order drinks make sure and ask for extra booze because if you do not you will not even taste it, i mean zero booze in them unless you ask
no kids menu
all in all could be better

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Quebec City, Canada
“Good Tixinchic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

nice place for eating the Tixinchic ,it takes 30/40 minutes for cooking but what a taste ,im really happy ta have tried that thing,for dessert go swimming with the shark for 25 pesos
i will return

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Apple Valley, Minnesota
“BEST Calamari ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

This was our first dinner on the trip and boy did it set our expectations high. I had the garlic calamari and it was the best I have ever had. My friend has bacon wrapped, cheese stuffed, deep fried shrimp and they were so good, we made the couple next to us try one! The staff was great and we really enjoyed our time here!

• Visited August 2012