“Another Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Privilege Aluxes

Save Saved
You added Privilege Aluxes to your Saves list
Privilege Aluxes
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Ave Adolfo Lopez Mateos, Isla Mujeres 77400, Mexico   |
Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Isla Mujeres
new york
“Another Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We just returned from our second stay at PA and had a wonderful time. We had a third floor suite deluxe in building five with great views of the water. I had written previously asking for building 5 or 6 if possible, so it was wonderful that our wish was accommodated. Being returnees, in our room there was a bottle of champagne cooling in an ice bucket and a lovely plate of fruit kebabs with a pot of chocolate for dipping. A very nice gesture and much appreciated.

Our suite was spacious but a couple of things would definitely improve it such as an extra closet or at least a dresser with some drawers. For a huge space that is largely empty, the closet was remarkably small and had only a few shelves. Also, a couple of hooks in the bathroom for your towels and bathrobe would be welcome. The glass door to the Jacuzzi/shower combination is only half way, leaving the remaining area wide open. This of course means that unless you’re extremely careful, water from the shower spurts all over the floor. Why it is not a complete glass door is mystery. For these reasons I preferred our suite premium last year where we had a separate enclosed shower stall, hooks outside, and two closets. I assumed the suite deluxe and suite premier are the same except for the Jacuzzi on the terrace but that is not the case.

Housekeeping was terrific with creative towel art every day, lots of water in the bathroom for brushing your teeth and minibar restocked with whatever you used the day before.

Pool area was great with good service from Sergio and Ponce at the swim up bar, lots of free loungers and no towel games. One improvement around the pool would be to tone down the volume of the nonstop reggaeton, hip hop/rap, and old disco tunes or better yet, get a larger variety of music. After a week of listening to “This is Love” and “She’s a maniac” you get a little tired of them. The restrooms were spotless, both by the pool and on the beach, so we did not find them to be a problem as did a previous reviewer, nor did we find that there were aggressive vendors, as they stayed outside the roped off area unless someone called them. No one bothered us. The beach was very clean, lots of palapas and loungers, and again, thankfully no towel games. Service was excellent.

We did the all-inclusive since it was so reasonable and had most of our meals at the hotel. Breakfasts at Sabor were very good, and the lunch menu at Café del Mar was much better than last August. Favorites were the steak and shrimp skewers served with guacamole and salsa, and the chicken nachos, which were really good. Dinners on the beach with Jesus Campuzano playing chill jazz could not be beat for ambiance, but unfortunately the food was not quite as good as last time. Everything came with a sauce that was a little too sweet, and I missed some of my favorite dishes from last time, such as the mushroom risotto and the terrific layered eggplant appetizer. The one buffet we checked out at Sabor looked wonderful, with carpaccio, loin of pork, lots of hot dishes, a cheese station, an a fabulous dessert section. Did not eat at Satay, preferring to be on the beach, but we heard it was good.

Service at all the restaurants was super, with a special shout-out to Sergio, Jorge, Jesus, and David! Not mentioning others by name doesn’t mean they were lacking; only that unfortunately we did not learn their names. Everyone was professional, friendly, and efficient.

Overall, PA is a very good value for your money and would definitely return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Privilege A, Social Media at Privilege Aluxes, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
First of all, we thank you for the time taken on making these valuable comments which are the best assistance in our daily improvement to get the highest standards in all the hotel areas.

We are glad to know that overall your stay with us was enjoyable, the service was super and your wishes were accommodated.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to Privilege Aluxes.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (561)
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I will make this review short and sweet. Lets start with the good. Truly beautiful, excellent staff, quiet, and right across the street from one of the best restaurants I have ever ate at (jax). Crystal clear waters, and the cementary right to the side of the hotel Is even a must see (beautiful). When we got there they upgraded us to an ocean view room even though we only paid for a garden view room.

Now for the only couple negatives I have. I don't really like to complain (but the beds need to be upgraded) For the little bit of time you are in the room, they really are rock hard (well im exaggerating slightly). The only other negative I have is, and I know its all inclusive and everything is already paid for (but the food could have been better.) They only have 3 restaurants. One of the restaurants has a different theme for the night, but the only theme I really enjoyed was the Mexican one (really good) I typically at the beach restaurant, and they didn't really have all that big of a menu.

Seriously was a great vacation, the beach is unbelievable and the hotel pool is real quite and very nice and large. Excellent staff. Oh and 1 tip, if you rent a golf cart or moped, rent it through the hotel and not an off site place. The hotel has insurance provided for you and they don't even need to see your license.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good, and every balcony comes with a Jacuzzi. You cant go wrong with any room you...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor, we value your feedback to help us improve the service we are offering.
We were delighted to see you enjoyed your ocean view room and you found the staff friendly.
We would agree we are in a fantastic location to enjoy the best beach and local life on Isla.

Regarding the bed, please let us know the next time we have the pleasure to welcome you back so we can add a mattress topper to make it softer and more comfortable.

We hope to see you soon at Privilege Aluxes.
Denver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I chose the hotel because of its great reviews. Unfortunately, I was sorely disappointed in almost every respect. Beds were terribly uncomfortable, food was poor to mediocre, hotel is not necessarily beach front, and the beach was kept somewhat dirty. The only good thing I can say about the place was the live music on the beach and the pool bar tender:).

Room Tip: To be honest I do not know that I would recommend isla mujeres for couples that want a quiet beach e...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

I booked here for a wedding. When I checked in they attempted to give me a standard room even though I had booked and reserved a package upgrade for an additional $180 that upgrades the room from standard to superior. The superior rooms have hot tubs on the balconies. They would not honor the upgrade. They did not seem to care that they had messed up my reservation and offered no apology.

Even though most of the wedding party stayed at the hotel, I canceled my reservation and stayed elsewhere. There are many other great hotel choices on the island.

They charge $50 per guest to visit the hotel during the day. Oh, and they also messed up the room block for the wedding and sold the rooms that should have been reserved for wedding guests so we were not the only people in our group staying elsewhere over the weekend.

• Stayed May 2013
Eagle Mountain, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We had a great time on Isla! I was apprehensive at first, I read the reviews about the graveyard and that had me spooked a little. I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived. Not only was the cemetery gorgeous but I hardly noticed it considering the surroundings! The beach and water were just breathtaking! We loved the room. The bed was firm but not uncomfortable. The service excellent! My favorite part of our stay was the staff. They remembered us by name and even had drink ready when they saw us coming. Don't miss out on the whale shark tour, AMAZING! Best vacation so far!

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Privilege A, Social Media at Privilege Aluxes, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Privilege Aluxes. We are specially delighted to know that you consider your vacation with us as the best one.

It is a pleasure to receive your comment about this overall positive experience with us.
Looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Amazing! As soon as my (now) husband and I got there we were treated with VIP service. Guillermo was one of the hotel workers who helped us confirm all of our reservations and made sure we were taken care of. The hotel was able to accommodate all of our 40 guests nicely. Every guests who upgraded their room could not stop talking about how wonderful their room was. We had room 353, the grande platinum suite and it was amazing with a private pool. Stairs to get to the pool are very slippery though, I took a pretty bad fall and broke 2 of my toes... would do it again though just to stay in the room.
Elba and Alejandra, wedding coordinators, were awesome! They stayed in touch with me via email to coordinate all of my wedding needs. I brought numerous wedding decorations and they found a way to use them all. We paid extra for a rehearsal dinner, which seems weird since its all inclusive, but it was well worth it as we were provided with private wait staff who never left a drink empty. The manager at Sabor Terrace was always around us to make sure the dinner went perfect.
All in all, a wonderful experience. My husband and I plan on staying there everytime we visit Isla Mujeres!

Room Tip: Definitely upgrade the room. Our room was amazing! We had a view of the entire island and the awesom...
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have no idea where the bad reviews come from? Me and my boyfriend just returned from a 7 day vacation in Privilege Aluxes and we were more than pleased with everything! And I mean everything! The hotel was amazing, the staff was very friendly, everybody was fluent in English, the food and drinks were very good as well. Very relaxing place right on the beach! We will be back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Privilege A, Social Media at Privilege Aluxes, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Thank your for choosing Privilege Aluxes Hotel for your recent stay in Isla Mujeres.

We really appreciate that you took the time to post your feedback and were delighted to hear that you loved your stay with us and appreciated the services provided by our staff.
T
hank you again! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Been to Privilege Aluxes? Share your experiences!