I booked here for a wedding. When I checked in they attempted to give me a standard room even though I had booked and reserved a package upgrade for an additional $180 that upgrades the room from standard to superior. The superior rooms have hot tubs on the balconies. They would not honor the upgrade. They did not seem to care that they had messed up my reservation and offered no apology.
Even though most of the wedding party stayed at the hotel, I canceled my reservation and stayed elsewhere. There are many other great hotel choices on the island.
They charge $50 per guest to visit the hotel during the day. Oh, and they also messed up the room block for the wedding and sold the rooms that should have been reserved for wedding guests so we were not the only people in our group staying elsewhere over the weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privilege Aluxes: Truly a privileged experience ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Privilege Aluxes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Privilege Aluxes Isla Mujeres
- Privilege Aluxes Hotel Isla Mujeres