“Come here for Vivian!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 167 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Takeout
Austin, Texas
“Come here for Vivian!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

She is the owner and she is so passionate about the food she cooks. She came over and talked to my husband and I for quite a while which was very welcoming and pleasant. She made our mojitos herself and asked how long we were staying on the island. She told us a great place on Sundays to go listen to live Cuban music. We started off with fresh made papas fritas served with ketchup and a homemade spicy mayonnaise. My husband got the sandwich trio platter and we both agreed the tostone sandwich was the best, delicious!! I got the regular Cuban that was just as good. She told me one of her secrets is that she cooks the pork for four hours until it shreds itself. When you leave, you will not leave hungry!

New York, NY
“My first stop every visit to Isla!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I can't help but make Qubano's my first stop to eat every time I come to Isla. This is another place that I desperately want to order so many different things, but I can't branch out because the Cuban sandwich, Vivian's salad, and the potatoes are so amazing! One day I will try other things on the menu...I promise. :)

Visited August 2013
Scotch Plains, New Jersey
“Good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I had the ropa vieja and it was delicious! I hear the sandwiches are great but never got back to try one.

Visited August 2013
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Qubano! Qubano!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

There are a lot of good reviews for Cubano and my GF and I agree that it is definitely worth a visit. Once we arrived on the island, we asked locals and people who had been visiting for many years about the best places to eat. We tried to hit as many as we could. Several people mentioned Qubano, so we put it on our list. We weren't very hungry at the time, but we wanted to try it out. The cuban sandwich was really tasty, made with their own ham. My GF had the trio, which lets you try three different items, and all tasted great! Vivian is very delightful to speak with and likes to visit as time permits. We will return for a full dinner the next time we come to Isla Mujeres.

Cancun, Mexico
“Do not miss this gem of a place!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Came across Qubano yesterday while on Isla Mujeres. The food was exceptional! Well priced with large portions. The Cobb salad was big enough to feed two easily! The trio of sandwiches was amazing...each one better than the next! Vivian, the owner, was a lovely lady who was friendly and a wealth of information about the Island. I would definitely return when back on the island! I can't wait to try the Hungarian potatoes.....sounded amazing!