“Most wonderful time!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Secrets Aura Cozumel

You added Secrets Aura Cozumel to your Saves list
Secrets Aura Cozumel
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Km 12.9 Carretera Costera Sur | Zona Hotelera Sur, Cozumel 77600, Mexico (Formerly Aura Cozumel Grand Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #20 of 57 Hotels in Cozumel
VA
“Most wonderful time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We had a most wonderful time with friends at this resort. The staff couldn't be any nicer and the meals were wonderful. We enjoyed all the resort had to offer and especailly loved going to the rooftop bar for sunset each night. Became quite the tradition.. The staff at breakfast, Rosana, Wendy, Adrian, Zitlaly, Gilberto and the new trainees,I know I have forgotten a few, made breakfast an event and started our day off perfectly. The smiles on those faces so genuine and warming each and every day.Trying to teach us Spanish daily and would have our coffee and juice ready when we walked to the table! Now that is service. The staff at lunch was equally wonderful and kept the salsa and wine flowing. Loved the two hour lunches. Felt very safe when walking outside the resort, although we only went for exercise. No reason to leave the resort at all. Plenty for us to do, if we wanted to become engaged with activities. LOVED the fact here were no kids. Made it a very adult getaway place for four friends to unwind and catch up! Loved the towel animals on the beds at night as well and even fresh flowers on occasion. Don't forget to leave an extra tip for these folks, even though TIPS are included. They work so very hard, including housekeeping, to make our stays fantastic! Worth the extra $ for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for a one bedroom facing the ocean! Also the Preferred folks have a swim up bar and padded chai...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
SeaczEconcierge, E-Concierge at Secrets Aura Cozumel, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear SydVa,

Thank you for taking the time to write an informative review on TripAdvisor about your stay with us. Your remarks are very much appreciated as they help us to improve our service, and our product.

We were really happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to the hotel and that you were particularly pleased with the service and staff, Guest satisfaction is our main goal at Secrets Aura Cozumel and it is rewarding to learn that it has been achieved on this occasion.

We are very happy to learn that your stay was a most pleasant one, and that you were highly satisfied with our service. We have strived to deliver the most memorable experience to our valued guest. We highly appreciate your gracious comments here and have shared it with our team.

Once again, we appreciate your kind comments of our resort and look forward to welcoming you back in a not too distant future.

Management Area

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (562)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This is our THIRD time at this resort, and have never been happier! We always try to go to different places each time we travel, but convenience, last minute Christmas week travel and knowing what to expect sent us packing to Aura once again. My husband is a diver and I like to lay by the pool, this place fits both of our needs perfectly.

The food is fabulous! We love the breakfast and lunch with our singing happy waiter Marcos and of course Marguarito and Antonio; drinks by the pool with Vicky and Victoria; and five star dinners with Natalia, Orlando and Alfredo at Bourdeax.....the chef is amazing!

The swim up rooms are wonderful! This year we brought our own raft (got it end of the season at Walmart), it was nice to have at the pool! Also, love the no-chip pedicure I got at home, doesn't flake off in the pool the whole week long....

The staff at Aura overall are so nice and helpful, the rooms and grounds are clean and kept, can't say enough!

Room Tip: Swim up or roof top pool rooms
Dear Jen G,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments on TripAdvisor about your stay with us. Your remarks are very much appreciated as they help us to improve our service, and our product.

We are thrilled to hear that your vacation was wonderful and that you were pleased with the service of our relaxing atmosphere, service, cleanliness of rooms, delicious food and various staff members. Our team is always trying to ensure that we surpass the expectations of each guest so your review served as our reward. To this end, it was encouraging to hear you acknowledge those aspects of our product.

We would certainly be glad to have you back for another round of a wonderful stay. Please feel confident to reach us prior your next visit at info.seacz@secretsresorts.com if you need assistance prior arrival.

We look forward to have you back at Secrets Aura Cozumel, your home in the Mexican Caribbean.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

My wife and myself spent 3 nights at secrets aura in Cozumel. The location is great, right on the beach. We had a wonderful room facing the ocean from where we enjoyed beautiful sunsets. The food was excellent, which is not a given for all inclusive resorts. The dive centre "dive house" was very good. But what really stood out was the level of service: the staff was always available to accommodate our requests with a big (and not fake!) smile.

• Stayed December 2014
Dear Matteo D,

We appreciate you have taken the time to share such an enthusiastic review about your recent visit to Secrets Aura Cozumel. We are overjoyed to read that you’ve enjoyed your stay, specially beach area, room, sunset, food and staff.

Please be confident that we’ve shared your kind comments with our team as motivation to keep up with our commitment to offer truly remarkable experiences in our guests. We thank you on behalf of our team and Management.

We sincerely hope we can have the honor of being your hopes in not too distant future.

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Wonderful time spent at Secret's Aura. Property and rooms very clean. No issues, staff very friendly and accommodating. All the restaurants very fairly good. My favorite was Oceana, followed by Bordeaux. Entertainment was okay. This is a smaller resort, so they do not have a big show. Fire show on the beach was quite good. Singing / dancing in the lobby was fun too.
The beach is great. A little rocky, so bring your water shoes. You can snorkel right from the beach. Boat/dive trips can be arranged at the hotel, and the pick up is from the pier at the hotel. Very convenient! Don't forget to watch the sunsets from the Sky Bar. Fantastic!

Dear Gail G,

We would like to thank you for choosing our resort as your host on your recent gateway to our destination. It was a pleasure having you and we appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

We sincerely look forward to welcome you back on a future occasion and provide you with the exceptional quality and service that characterizes our brand and resort.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Enjoyed the resort, it was quiet and modern with lots to do. The 24 hour room service was great and the roof top pool in our suite was incredible...it just needed a bit of shade from the sun.
The beach was fine, was a diving trip so didn't care about the beach so much. However there was some decent snorkeling right off the resort.

Room Tip: book a suite with a rooftop pool. it's worth the extra money.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear bmh71,

We were really happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to the hotel and that you were particularly pleased with the room service, rooms and atmosphere. Guest satisfaction is our main goal at Secrets Aura Cozumel and it is rewarding to learn that it has been achieved on this occasion. We have taken notes of your segguestion, we are going to share them with our departments in charge.

We hope to have the honor of welcoming you back to Secrets Aura Cozumel, allowing us the opportunity of providing you a truly wonderful and memorable experience again in the near future.

chicago,illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I wanted to write this before I start forgetting my recent trip to this property. I also apologize in advance for it's length. Stayed in Preferred Club ocean view (room 231) and it was a 2 room suite. It was nice to have the space with beautiful bathroom ( large tub huge, walk-in shower, lots of bath amenities included) in between. Resort is slightly spread out but not overwhelming. It is not a long walk to lobby, pools, restaurants or beach even if you are in the Tropical section in the back. First meal upon arrival was lunch a Oceania and it was wonderful. They start you out with fried tortillas along with either fried plaintains, sweet potatoes or some other vegetable along with pico de gallo and guacamole. Ceviche was fresh and fantastic. Usually breakfast and lunch at Marketplace and they had a nice (not hugely overwhelming) spread. They also had some authentic Mexican specialties at buffets which you don't see a lot of at all-inclusives down there. We did eat at the a la cartes (Bordeaux favorite) and found it to be very good (temperature of food not super hot as one reviewer mentioned). We did go over to Sunscape (Secrets can go there, they can't come to Secrets) and ate at the Mexican a la carte and loved it. If you go, have the fried dessert (maybe cachanga) you will thank me. I thought their food was very good too (just had appetizers).

The main thing I have to say is this was one of the most friendly resorts I have ever been to (and I have been to many). Both the staff and the other guests were really great. I have to mention my bartender Santiago (I was his guinea pig for the new 'June Bug') and Isabel Sweetie our waitress both at Preferred pool. He also showed me how to drink my first shot of tequila (not) along with Yarely. Yarely, Wendy and Marco Antonio at Market place. Rolando at Bordeaux (such a professional) and his staff. There was a staff Christmas party being held downtown CZM the last night of our stay. Some of the waiters at Bordeaux were stuck working while the others were at the party and I know how disappointed they were not being there but you would never know it. Professional all the way.

Entertainment is very limited (quiet time of year) but one night there ended up being a impromptu dance party in the lobby with a small band and singer. The front desk girls and bell cap danced with all of us and really made the trip (it was a riot). Do not come here if you are looking for a party, party hotel (this is not the place).

Advice- please bring water shoes. The beach is beautiful but can be difficult to enter. They do have a couple of easy entry points but still rocky everywhere. Snorkeling right off pier and beach. Bring bug spray if you go out at dawn or dusk. We were able to keep our patio doors wide open and I can still feel the breeze right now in my head back here in Chicago.

We did rent a car and made our annual trip to Mezcalitos on other side of island. Stop next door to the Almost Free shop and bring cash. Loved the owner. Cab's are expensive so if you do want to sightsee, go to town or Alberto's Beach Bar plan to rent a car and you will be able to do all of that. Park for free at Mega shopping center and if you are there on a Sunday go to the town square for live music,

Loved the resort, perfect no, but for what it is was perfect for me.

I know how hard the staff works at this property and want the ' powers that be' know what a good team they have and they should be very, very proud of them.

If Casey and Charles read this, please get in touch with me. I thought I would be able to see you before you left but unfortunately did not.

Adios once again, to my Cozumel.

Dear susabel,

We are very happy to learn that your stay was a pleasant one, and that you were highly satisfied with our service. We have strived to deliver the most memorable experience to our valued guest. We highly appreciate your gracious comments here and have shared it with our team. We have taken notes for the area we need to improve such as entertainment. We are sure we are going to take the necessary action.

Norwich, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My wife and I stayed here for the week of 12/13/14-12/20/2014. I was a little nervous going to this resort as I read many mixed reviews up until we went. I have to first say, I was relieved once we arrived. Overall we had a great trip and didn't find many issues that were described in other reviews.
In my opinion, they have a few very , very small maintenance type issues that they could improve upon. For instance the lamp shades in our room were rusty and our room also had a moldy type smell to it, (not overpowering) I also noticed some areas that could use some paint. As you can see these are so tiny of issues I feel guilty even mentioning them. I know they took over this resort not that long ago so I am sure they are working on things. These are very small issues and in no way shape or form did it ruin our vacation, nor would we allow it to.
The beach is beautiful; the sand was soft and it never bothered our feet. The entrance to the water is a little rough but what is the resort supposed to do? Its rocks and corral. I think one of the largest reefs exists here. They have a great pier that if you don't want to walk over the rocks and corral you can go in the water at the end of the pier, they even have a ladder so you can get in the water. By the way the snorkeling right off the pier is amazing, in my opinion you don't even need to go on a snorkel excursion.
The food at the restaurants was fine to us. I don't get the complaints about the food that I have read. I also never had any issue with service being slow, not once. I read numerous reviews of the slow service but we never had an issue. Its vacation, just relax and enjoy yourself!
The pools were nice and clean and they Sky Bar was a great place to get a drink and watch the sunset! The people that work at this resort were always nice and work very hard and were always very friendly.
They do have a restaurant that you cant get into without pants (if you are a guy) but it does say that on the website and when you check in. They had a fish fry and a fire show while we were there and that was enjoyable. This is certainly not a party resort and that's one of the reasons we chose it.

Overall I would be happy to return here and would recommend it to anyone. I was happy to learn that most of the issues others had in previous reviews never effected us. I guess everyone has different ideas on what a resort should be but we for one loved this place.
My wife and I had a great week here and would recommend this place to our family and friends and we would go back.

Room Tip: We had a roof top solarium room. Room was great and had a great view of the Ocean. The pool on top w...
Dear Huskies06,

We are happy to see that there are elements of the resort that you quite enjoyed however, we are very concerned to know that there were little issues, As with any hotel, there can be unexpected issues, but we agree with you that how it is dealt with makes a big difference to the guest.
We appreciate your objectivity and I can assure you that we take our customer feedback very seriously and we have made changes for a more positive customer experience.

We sincerely hope to welcome you to Secrets Aura Cozumel on a future occasion so we can have the opportunity to redeem ourselves providing you with the service you deserve.

Management Area

Been to Secrets Aura Cozumel? Share your experiences!