“What a neat experience!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dolphinaris Cozumel

Dolphinaris Cozumel
Av. Rafael E. Melgar Zona 2 KM 1.5 | Col. Cozumel, Centro, Cozumel 77600, Mexico
998 881 30 30
Website
Improve this listing
Book Now

Ranked #13 of 87 attractions in Cozumel
Type: Nature/ Wildlife Areas
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Dolphinaris Cozumel is a place like no other in Cozumel or in the Caribbean, nestled upon the shores of a glittering turquoise sea, it offers an unforgettable experience where guests can swim and interact with dolphins in their natural habitat, the beautiful ocean coves provide a safe place for you and for our dolphins to enjoy a truly unforgettable experience.Dolphinaris Cozumel guests will be able to choose from a variety of programs like: swim with dolphins, learn how to train a dolphin, participate in the kids program, enjoy a private session with family or friends or have the opportunity to celebrate an anniversary, birthday, engagement with a custom made dolphin session to relay a special message.Each of our programs include fantastic demonstrations of dolphin behaviors and acrobatics, plus information on dolphin physiology, training and habitat.
20 attraction reviews
“What a neat experience!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

This was a little pricey, around $80.00 but well worth it! (We booked this excersion throuhg the cruise ship, so not sure if it would be less or more elsewhere) Interaction with the dolphins was an experience my family will never forget, you get to high five with them, "dance with them", hug them and they even give you a kiss. The dolphins are such smart animals. The trainer does tell you all about dolphins so you learn while you get to play with them! The catch to all this is all the while you are interacting with them pictures are being taken. At the end of the playtime you are hit with them trying to sell you outrageously high pictures. We did buy a cd with 6 pictures of our daughter with the dolphins, it was around $50.

Visited November 2012
WebMasterIT, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Dolphinaris Cozumel, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Dear visitor, the programs we offer are incredibly awesome; our visitors can really enjoy beautiful activities when swimming with the dolphins. Getting a kiss form the dolphin is something that out visitor remember for all life.

Our trainers are always very willing to share their knowledge and make of your experience even nicer.

The pictures are available for purchase who would like to get them, this is optional.

Thank you for visiting Dolphinaris and you are always very welcome.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
14 attraction reviews
“Pretty great; maybe a little too controlled.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My wife, 13-yr-old daughter, and I have been looking forward to interacting with dolphins for a long time, so this was pretty exciting to us. It was pretty wonderful. These are amazing animals that humans don't often get to touch, and the fin-hold ride was awesome. That being said, we did feel like it was very restrictive with very little personal interaction for more than a few seconds. Believe it or not, we actually enjoyed the stingray interaction down the road more!

Still, if you've never interacted with dolphins before, and you're going to be in Cozumel, you shouldn't miss the opportunity!

Visited August 2012
Dear visitor, swimming with the dolphins is a great opportunity that everybody should do one day, we are sure your daughter had a great time and that moment will be something she will remember all life. We do our best to make of your visit something incredible.

Thank you for visiting Dolphinaris and you are always very welcome.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
19 attraction reviews
“Very nice, well kept facility with Happy Happy Dolphins!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I won't keep recapping the other reviews. You get the general idea. You will pay heavily to get this experience. It is worth it. The dolphins and trainers were amazing. The layout of the place is beautiful. My 9yr old son and I had a great time. I paid $120ish dollars for 8 pictures on a CD. Jeez! This place MAKES some money! If you are coming from a cruise ship, they require you to buy your excursion through Carnival:( It was pricey. BUT....my baby wanted to swim with dolphins for his birthday, and we made it happen. He will keep those memories forever! If I had to do it over again.....I'd go to Dolphinaris.

Visited April 2013
Avondale, Arizona
11 attraction reviews
“Swimming with the Dolphins”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I would definitely do this again, I loved it, they take great shots of you to choose from and the video was worth buying, I guess it could be considered pricy to some but it was well worth what I paid I had actually expected it to be more expensive from what I had read......This was so a childhood dream come true!!!!

Visited March 2013
Arkansas
9 attraction reviews
“Dream excursion! Precious animals!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Let me preface my review by saying that I struggle with keeping wild animals in captivity, unless there is a major medical reason they would be in danger in the wild, swimming with dolphins has been on my bucket list since I was a little girl. That being said, it was an experience of a lifetime!! I have been blessed to visit over 20+ countries on 4 continents, and this ranks as one of my very favorite activities. We were in a group of about 10 or 12 adults with one trainer and one dolphin. I felt like we got quite a bit of hands on experience despite the size of the group. It's evident the trainers adore the animals and pamper them! We did all of the tricks, "rode" on the dolphins, and learned a lot about this species. The park is very nice and has a beautiful view of the Caribbean. I splurged and bought pictures plus a DVD, and it was pricey, but made for excellent Christmas cards!! All in all, I have recommended it to friends and family and would do it again in a heartbeat. The joy I feel every time I think of that adventure is evidence of a lifelong memory. Enjoy!!

Visited September 2012