“resort dive at Playa Uvas” 5 of 5 stars

$64*
and up
Playa Uvas Private Beach Pass
More attraction details
Owner description: Our shore snorkel, resort & certified diving and catamaran snorkel trip are some of the examples of experiences you can live while you are visiting us. Or if you feel like relaxing, enjoy a massage in our lounge area by the pool, where under palm trees you will feel the breeze of the Caribbean Ocean. If you feel like shopping you can browse in our store of typical Mexican crafts.Our specialties restaurant and our bar will complement and excellent day of sun, sea and sand. But above all, let us transmit the pride of serving you in our beach, located in a privileged area of Cozumel, by the marine park of Chankanaab.
Osage, Iowa
“resort dive at Playa Uvas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

We recently visited Playa Uvas when our cruise ship docked in Cozumel for the day. I had signed up online for a resort course scuba dive while my wife opted for the guided snorkel tour. I have snorkeled on numerous occasions, but had never scuba dived before so this was definitely going to be a new experience.

When we arrived we were greeted by Carmen. My wife headed to the beach while I went to the dive shop. Luis was the dive master. I watched a short video put out by PADI on scuba diving, then Luis helped me get outfitted with my dive gear. After reviewing some basic safety rules, we headed to the beach where I received additional instruction from Luis. Following the instruction we proceeded to scuba dive just off shore in about 10-15 feet of water. It was amazing!! I saw a couple of moray eels and an octopus as well as numerous fish. When that dive was over we went back to the beach for a short break.

After the break we went out to the reef and did another dive, but this time it was on the reef in approximately 40 feet of water. Again, the variety of fish and coral was incredible!

Luis was an excellent instructor. His english is excellent. He was always in close proximity to me during the dives. He has been diving for 18 years and mentioned that he had over 7000 dives under his belt. I never felt like I was in danger.

While I was doing the scuba diving, my wife was enjoying herself with the guided snorkel tour and a relaxing massage on the beach. She also thoroughly enjoyed her time there. After all of the activities were done we were able to enjoy a fantastic meal of chicken and fish fajitas followed by a couple of margaritas and a few Dos Equis.

We really enjoyed our time at Playa Uvas and would not hesitate to go back. It was fun, relaxing and what I considered to be a good value.

Visited March 2011

Dallas, Texas
“Playa Uvas well worth $18!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

Was planning to try Playa Palencar for snorkeling, but seeing the cab fare at $20 each way, (it's all the way down the coast) and the Rent-a-car guy at Puerta Maya recomended Dzul-Ha beach, we proceeded to get a cab. The cab guy recommended Uvas instead, so we went with the flow. It's one or two beaches north of Chankanaab. $10 cab, $8 basic entry fee. Very cozy, smallish, and surprisingly not crowded with cruisers! You must swim to the reef, and the beach is not easy on the feet. But, no problem..this is the best kind of beach for snorkelers. It means the reef has not been artificially covered with sand for the comfort of shore splashers. Two beers and two aguas and nachos with the entry fee, comfortable recliners with sun umbrella, friendly staff. If you want spotless restrooms and new beach furniture, pay for a resort beach.

Visited March 2011
Racine, Wisconsin
12 attraction reviews
“FUN, FUN, FUN”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

Took the short cab ride from where the Carnival Valor docked cost was $8.00. When we arrived a personal welcome was posted on the board as we checked in. My wife and I had an excellent guided snorkel tour saw lots of fish, small rays, and even a baby star fish which we held. Then we had a great lunch, a few to many drinks and were waited on hand and foot by the staff. My wife and I then finished the day with a massage which was probably one of the best we have ever had. A great place, lots of fun, and a great value.

Loganville, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
“OK Place. Great for snorkeling, not so much for beach fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2011

Great side of island to go snorkeling. I am a 29 yr old female (visited Uvas with my 31 yr old husband, 10 & 7 yr old daughters) We found Uvas online before leaving for our cruise. From pier, we took taxi which cost us $10. Uvas wasn't very "oh wow" looking upon arriving. I honestly was very tempted to leave! Once there, we paid our fees ($70 paid for the 4 of us to snorkel with a guide for approx 40 minutes, and all we could drink (alcoholic/non-alcoholic)) They do have a pool on site, I know no details about it, as there wasn't much to it and sat away from beach and was pretty shaded. (Small square pool, didnt look too clean, Very basic!) They do have shaded seating area with tables to eat, locker rentals, food, bar, restrooms (I wasn't too enthused over them, but decent enough to change in) and beach chairs on the ROCKY beach. Workers there were very nice, and waited on us regularly, bringing us as many drinks as we ordered. They did have a few people coming by trying to sell things (like bracelets, tattoos, etc) We met another couple while there, which helped make our visit more pleasurable. Snorkeling was nice (it was our first time) I would not really advise going if you want a "typical" beach scene. We were the only ones there with children. Wasnt crowded, maybe 30 or so people there visiting. Visited February 15, 2011 We had wonderful weather! About 80 degrees

Libertyville, IL
“Not bad!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2011

Cozumel was one of our ports of call with a cruise line, and were all set to go to Chankanaab for snorkeling. Instead, the Puerta Maya transportation coordinator talked us into Playa Uvas. In her words, it was "just like Chankanaab, but cheaper." We decided to take her recommendation, and were not unhappy we did. For a $10 cab ride, and $7 admission (which included quite a few free dollar coupons), we spent the afternoon lounging on the beach and soaking up the sunshine. The lounge chairs were certainly well-used, but not dirty or broken. The beach was clean and the service was friendly. Lockers and bathrooms were a little bit sketchy, but not unsanitary or scary-looking. I've done a lot of camping, and these facilities were pretty comparable to a standard campground facility -- not plush, but certainly usable. Using our dollar coupons, we each had a beer, and split a shot of Jose Cuervo tequila, and still had coupons to spare. As others have noted, the beach entrance was rocky, but once in the water, it was fine. I'm glad we brought our own snorkels, though, because the snorkles you could rent at the beach looked like toys. The flippers left something to be desired as well. Nonetheless, lots of beautiful fish to gaze at and enjoy. We found out later in the afternoon that a free snack (substantial portions of guacamole or nachos) came with our stay at Playa Uvas, but we did not take advantage of that option. Others around us were very complimentary of the food, however, and said it was tasty. I did try the $1 per minute massage services, which were wonderful. Great massage in a secluded area, and the price could not be beat! We never went to Chankanaab, so I cannot compare the two, but the beach at Playa Uvas was quite pleasant and the price couldn't be beat.