“It's all true” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Viento

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cozumel
Casa Viento
You added Casa Viento to your Saves list
The Country Club Estates, Cozumel, Mexico   |
Ranked #14 of 57 Hotels in Cozumel
“It's all true”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

The reviews you will read about how great Raul and his wife Nic are all true. Cozumel is not a place I would ever choose to stay in a big all inclusive because you want to eat locally and explore the entire island as it is safe to do so. So looking for a small boutique hotel we chose Casa Viento and are all ready planning to go back again next year with more people. The hardest part is leaving, Raul and Nic if you see this, you are family now see you again soon and we miss you both.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
San Rafael, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

The big allure of Casa Viento is the friendliness and personal attention from the owners, Nicole and Raul. It is a small and intimate property with 8 units, and guests are treated like friends or family. Raul and Nicole also have great local knowledge to share, so they will help you make good choices in terms of planning activities and travel around the island, including restaurants, shopping, beach clubs, hidden beaches, scuba and snorkeling operators and spots, etc, etc, and also, of course, kiteboarding. Raul is THE kiteboard guy on the island, and is ready to help with lessons, rentals, advice on spots, etc. And CV is right at the main kiteboarding beach.

CV is off the beaten track, but not remote. It is a very short drive to town or the airport, but you are on the north end of the island, so it is at the end of the road..quiet, secluded. There is an almost deserted beach across the street, and if you head south a bit, you can get into good snorkeling areas. For scuba we like Deep Blue downtown, but have also used Pepe Scuba right down the street and like them too. Some rooms have kitchens in case you prefer to eat some meals at home.

When (if) you get tired of peace and serenity at CV, you can go downtown for shopping, restaurants, and local culture...or visit one of the (mostly) free beach clubs that line the western shore, or visit Punta Sur, or drive around the island, etc. Again, the local knowledge and experience of Raul and Nicole is really helpful and valuable.

Nicole and Raul treat guests like friends, and often take excursions with guests, something I'm pretty sure you won't find at other places. In my 3 trips there, I have joined Raul and Nicole for trips to Punta Sur, the Celerain Lighthouse, and snorkeling near Punta Sur...also have gone out for dinner with them, been invited to their unit for dinner and drinks, and joined them for a day at Palancar Beach. Raul took me out on his Waverunner to work on my kiteboarding skills...the lesson was excellent, reasonably priced, and he was nice enough to take a bunch of photos of me with my camera while teaching.

The value is good, very reasonable prices. Don't expect this when you go, but we got upgraded for free to a much bigger room with a kitchen on our last stay.

Cozumel is the safest place in Mexico, and is safer than most of the US. But in case you are nervous, CV is at the end of the road on the north side, off the beaten track, and has security. But it really isn't needed...it is super safe here, day or night. The maids are long time friends, so you will never have any worries about leaving anything valuable in your room.

I always like to stay at CV and also one or two other hotels so I can get variety and check everything out. CV is really still the best. Some may prefer a big hotel, or something right in town, or an all-inclusive...but so many Cozumel hotels are really pretty so-so, or overpriced, and I'm sure there are few if any that have the personal touch and love you feel at CV. So definitely highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Cadillac, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

This was my third visit to Casa Viento and each time I enjoy it more. For me it is the perfect place to get away from winter ( I live in Michigan and winter can be long and cold). I am totally at home here and enjoy the relaxing atmosphere with no interuptions like I have experienced at all-inclusives. The rooms are very comfortable and Raul and Nicole are very accomodating. I like the privacy and the cozy feel of the hotel.

It's the perfect place for me to rest, relax, read and enjoy beautiful beach walks.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2010

We stayed at Casa Viento and had a very relaxing enjoyable time. Fantastic hospitality and would definately stay again

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Smithville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

My wife and I just returned from our vacation on Cozumel, where we stayed at Casa Viento. From the moment we walked through the door, and were greeted by name , until the moment we left, Raul (owner) and the rest of Casa Viento made our stay magical! The setting, the rooms, the location, and Raul's willingness to accomodate were all perfect. We felt completely at home throughout our entire stay. Unlike in large hotels and all-inclusive resorts, we were treated like family rather than just another number or customer. Casa Viento has the feel and charm of a well run bed and breakfast with its limited number of rooms and personalized service. We felt completely immersed in the culture and beauty of Cozumel. When you go. say hi to Diva and Tiki !

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Boulder, Co
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2010

we loved the location, Kiting, the hosts and the rooms.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2010

Second Time this Year to Cozumel. Both Times we were unable to Stay at the Casa Viento due to availability. Our fault not theres, We tavel on wims notice. We have been Kiting with Raul, Nicoles other half and what a team they make. The premise is clean, relaxed and is safe. They have it all, from a efficiency apartment to Honey moon suites. Raul is an amazing Kiter in his own right. His teaching is specific and his safety requirements are the best I have ever seen. Raul will take you to places on the Island to Kite that no others have access to. His gear is top notch and new. So if your an experienced Kiter and want to rent gear see Raul, if your a beginer..see Raul. For a true Kite experience stay at the Casa Viento. Nicole and Raul will make you feel at home and its on the Kite Beach

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Been to Casa Viento? Share your experiences!