“Ten days in Cozumel” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Osoyoos, British Columbia, Canada
“Ten days in Cozumel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Jerry and Leona made us feel very at home and were extremely helpful with tips on where to go and attractions on the Island.
Our room was spotless and had air conditioning, large shower, bar fridge and cable TV with some English speaking channels.
The shared rooftop kitchen is very well appointed and kept clean on a daily basis.

Room Tip: All rooms in this little Inn would be good choices. The Inn is just blocks from town. Tip: You ne...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We are really happy we found this place on our trip to Cozumel. The room was nice and clean, and it was great to have such a spacious bathroom in the room. Any review of Coral Reef Inn wouldn't be complete without talking about the great shared kitchen they have. Everything you could possibly want from pots and pans to Tupperware is available in the kitchen. There is also an abundance of items like spices and condiments that can be used by guests. There is even a grill. This kitchen helped me and my girlfriend save loads of money by not eating out. A few other nice perks about this place was their relationship with the largest dive shop on the island (we got a discount), the area to wash off and hang dry dive gear, and the area to lounge around in hammocks. The location was close to a grocery store and movie theatre and a few minute walk to restaurants and bars. Looking forward to staying here again when I'm back in Cozumel. Last but not least, our hosts Jerry and Leona were the best!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Lincoln, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I just got back from a 9 night stay at the inn with Jerry & Leona, my third visit to the island in the past year. Super clean, good for solo travelers, couples and small dive groups looking to stay just off the beaten path only a short walk to all amenities, shopping and 10 min walk to the dive pier at The Barracuda. This Inn is quiet, quiet, very clean with a great roof top Lanai and kitchen with common utensils fully equipped for preparing all meals. The largest grocery stores complete with in-house bakeries, fresh seafood and meats, prepared fresh foods and salads are 3 blocks from the Inn. There are a lot of small mom and pop eateries/tacoretas within walking distance of the Inn also, these should not be passed up, don't be turned away by first impressions.
The Inn has great internet, cable TV, A/C, full size refrigerators in every room, common guest areas for lounging and cooking and two very friendly Pyrenees Sheppard's just waiting to greet you if you have left your four footed friend at home.
I was on a solo dive trip and booked all of my diving with Dive Paradise as i have done in the past. I have over 500 logged dives with dive operators over the globe. Bottom line is that these guys do a GREAT job, well educated dive masters, very familiar with the Palancar Reef, its numerous sites ans dive conditions.
I look forward to my next trip to the island and will be staying at the inn again. If you are looking for a quiet, friendly place this is the one.......Leona and Jerry will take good care of you.

Room Tip: All rooms are large with good light and A/C, great bathrooms.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My girlfriend and I just returned from our 2nd visit to Cozumel and the Coral Reef Inn. It was just as we remembered it, quiet, clean and friendly. We were just there for a few days to relax and enjoy some sunshine. It was 4 years ago that we last visited and the place still looks like new. Great A/C, guest kitchen and plenty of suggestions from the owners as far as restaurants and snorkel beaches. Hopefully it won't take another 4 years for us to go again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
East Galesburg, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

...having just completed another wonderful visit at the Coral Reef Inn, I thought it worthwhile to write another review! The Inn is awesome, starting with the caretakers, Leona & Jerry, who are always there to answer a multitude of questions or to just visit with! The kitchen is open to the outdoors and is my favorite place to hang out. Located on the top floor, overlooking the Corpus Christie Church & the park. I used it mainly for smoothies for breakfast or frying up some fish filets purchased from one of the two grocery stores, only a few blocks away! This last trip was a bit out of character for me as the main reason for the trip was to get some much needed dental care. Having asked Jerry/Leona for a reference, to guide me in the right direction for the dental work needed, they recommended a totally sweetheart of a dentist by the name of Dra. Alejandra Novoa Carus. Initially, I was a bit worried. This womans freindly, but very professional demeanor had me feeling relaxed in no time! ..another plus, outside of the cost savings, was that she was located fairly close to the Coral Reef Inn. In the area where I live in the states, $50.00 tooth extractions & $200.00 root canals are not offered anymore. ... so I have improvised & so far all has been good! I can't wait to visit Cozumel again, lol, especially since Jerry was kind enough to store all of my dive gear! ...saving my lugging it back to the states! Next trip, I plan on getting some diving in!! ..and then the dental work.

Room Tip: the rooms on the 2nd & 3rd floors have better internet reception..
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Corral Reef Inn during our March 2012 Dive Trip. The people who owned the place were very nice and accomodating from the moment I spoke to them on the phone the very first time.

Pros: Nice and Quiet, full kitchen and utensils upstairs, nice a/c in the rooms, very close to the grocery store and the ocean, safe neighborhood, and they even drove us over to the dive shop to drop off our dive gear the first day, and gave us a ride to the airport on the last day.
Their place was so relaxing, we will definitely be staying there again.

Cons: The only draw back was we were not prepared for the 30 minute walk to our dive shop. We made sure to ask how long the walk was to and from the Blue Angel Dive shop and we were not given the correct time. We were told it would be a 15 to 20 minute walk, but it took us 30 minutes....and I'm a very fast walker! This doesn't seem like a big deal, but we were walking it every morning around 7:30 am and back every afternoon around 1 pm. It definitely took a toll on us and we are only 31! Especially when we had to do it twice in one day. Eventually, our dive instructor felt sorry for us and started picking us up on his way to work in the morning. Other than that, it was great. Just prepare yourself if you are diving from Blue Angel that it is a hike in the sun!

Room Tip: Stay on the 2nd floor if you are going to be using the kitchen.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

This was our 2nd stay at the Coral Reef Inn and it was just as great as our 1st stay. We have stayed in Room #5 both times. Very clean and nicely decorated. This visit we utilized the 3rd floor outdoor kitchen for the majority of our meals. It is a little walk from the beach but we are able to store our gear at the Hotel Barracuda. And then after our last dive, the Coral Reef Inn provides a dunk tank for cleaning of gear. You cannot go wrong staying here. We are divers so don't need/want a pool. We love that it is so private and peaceful. Leona and Jerry are great hosts....they give you as much space as you need but are always there to answer any questions. We are already looking forward to our next trip back to the Coral Reef Inn and diving in Cozumel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Coral Reef Inn? Share your experiences!