“Highlight of the trip” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 87 attractions in Cozumel
Type: Beaches
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Whether you want to relax in the shade or have fun in the sun, you´ve come to the right place! There´s plenty here to please everyone! Gorgeous beach AND huge, new Vegas-style fresh/heated pool! Fantastic food, drinks, service and amenities. $2 for a chaise lounge, $10 food or drink minimum for people over 6. For the energetic, try their $12 FunPass. Lots of extras also available!Come, experience Paradise for yourselves!
“Highlight of the trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2006

We just got home and I wanted to post a note about our trip to Paradise Beach. The weather was wonderful and the food and drinks were great. The kids had a great time climbing the iceberg and jumping on the trampolines. Me and my wife enjoyed the food and drinks. My kids said for the rest of the week that our day at Paradise Beach was the highlight of the trip. We missed the snorkel trip as we enjoying food and drinks but this gives us another reason to come back!

San Diego, California
“Paradise - maybe for some, but not for us”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2006

Just got back from a 7 day Western Caribbean cruise. Made a stop at Paradise Beach, Cozumel, Mexico.

The water was nice, the beach was beautiful, the food, drink and service were good.

But, it was very commercial - wall to wall lounge chairs. It did not cost anything to use a lounge chair, but you paid $8 per person to use the toys in the water - kayaks, snorkels, water trampoline, iceberg, mats, etc... It cost close to $200 for the day including the $8 wrist bands for our 3 boys, food and drink for 5 (lots of beer) and a few henna tattoos.

And, once in the water, it was rocky - hard to walk out into the water. Being from San Diego, we're used to sandy beaches, no rocks. But the kids did enjoy the water trampoline and iceberg.

“It truly was Paradise.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2006

I had the pleasure of spending my day in Cozumel at Paradise Beach, and it truly was "Paradise".
The beach is very spacious, and there were PLENTY of lounge chairs & umbrellas available. Everything in sight was VERY clean, and well maintained. (the main entrance to PB,is, a great photo opportunity itself!)

Both the food & drinks were EXCELLENT, as was the service. (lunch is available either indoors, or right at your lounge chair if you don't want to miss any of the warm sunshine:-).

After lunch & a few ice cold beverages, treat yourself to a massage. In my opinion . . . Any time you can get a massage right on the beach, it's a w-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-l experience, but these girls REALLY know how to give a good massage!! After a massage, if you feel so inclined, take a short nap in a hammock beneath a swaying palm tree.

When you're ready to leave, . . . there are showers to freshen up , and taxis are readily available at the main entrance. What more could you ask for???

My ONLY disappointment, was that I wasn't able to meet "Paradise Beach Tom", as he happened to be traveling out of the country the day I was there.

So, if you're looking for the "perfect" beach to spend your day at in Cozumel. . .In my opinion Paradise Beach has it ALL!!

See ya at the beach!

Sherry<--------suggests you try 1 (or 3) of their pina'coladas, made with Bacardi rum, and served in a pineapple shell garnished with
fresh fruit. (yum!!) they're DELICIOUS, and also another great photo opportunity:-)

Texas
9 attraction reviews
“Post-hurricane Paradise Beach - Still fun & a great deal!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2006

We just returned from the 7 night Western Caribbean cruise on the Carnival Conquest out of Galveston, TX.

We've learned from experience not to book excursions through the ship. They're too expensive, crowded, and they exaggerate how exciting they'll be. We did our ports on our own.

Cozumel is unfortunately still very messed up from Hurricane Wilma, but they're coming back slowly. The devestation was surprising as we made our way to the beach, but they're working very hard to rebuild & get the tourists back. The ports were blown away, so we had to tender into town. This took a little more time than Cayman, seemingly because they're not used to doing the tenders & are a little less organized. But it wasn't too bad. Downtown looked good though & had some good shopping & restaurants. None of the things we had planned on doing were available though. We wanted to go to Chankanaab Park, which is unfortunately gone. It'll be back in approx. 10 mos. according to our cab driver. The other beach I asked for didn't exist either...Chen Rio. I forgot to ask about Nachi Cocom. The cab stand recommended either Paradise Beach or San Francisco Beach. We chose Paradise Beach, but they're right next door to eachother, so we saw both. It was a $13 cab ride & the beach was FREE to get in - even the umbrellas & chairs are FREE! I just tipped the guy $2 for setting them up for us & to make sure he came back for our drink order. They charge $8 per person if you want to use the water trampolines, ice berg, kayaks & snorkeling, which we didn't. We ended up ordering a bucket of 6 beers for $12 I think. Something like that. They had some good-looking fajitas available, but we didn't order. The restrooms/showers were clean. The water & beach were really nice. It seems it's all much smaller than it was before, but we have to be patient while they rebuild. There were $1 per minute massages & hair braiding available, and plenty of cabs waiting outside when we were ready to go back to town. Another $13. We did a little shopping (always haggle) & then hopped a tender back to the ship. Everyone was very nice & this was a fun, affordable day in Cozumel.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Great beach, thanks Tom!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2005

I was recently at Paradise Beach in Cozumel - I'd read a lot of rave reviews on travel discussion pages and even got in touch with 'Paradise Tom' - one of themanagers there - by email before we went.

I was with my girlfriend and a couple of other friends and we had a great day! The beach is free to enter and they have comfortable lounge chairs and umbrellas if you need a bit of shade. You have to pay $8 extra to use the water toys (good for kids), which is a pretty good deal as some places charge that much just for a snorkel mask!

The water was clear, the sand white and the beers and margaritas ice cold!

We got to meet Tom later in the day and he gave us some other good tips for our vacation in Cozumel too.

I'd recommend this beach to anyone, it's the best we found in our 2 week vacation and we went back a couple of times. A good tip is to pick up a cab from the street if possible - they are some times cheaper than from the piers or airport!