“Eagle Ray Divers are simply the best!!” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Tours, Adventure
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
“Eagle Ray Divers are simply the best!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Eagle Ray Divers were highly recommended to us by friends the first time around a year ago. We dove with them in December 2011 and had a fantastic time. When we booked a Carnival Cruise for December 2012/January 2013 that touched Cozumel, we knew we had to give them a call. Once again, Antonio, his daughter Diana and their crew were absolutely terrific!

We were in touch with Diana by email prior to our cruise and she gave us precise instructions on where to meet them and what paperwork we needed to bring. She made all the arrangements and they were perfect! We had requested them to take us to Palancar Reef which was a 1 hour 15 minute boat ride from La Caleta Marina. Diana could not promise but said she would try if the weather and sea conditions were favorable. We had great weather, and needless to say, Diana kept her promise!

We did 2 dives. The dive sites were awesome. We were a nice small group of 5 + one divemaster. (Our family made 4 of the 5!). We dived though caves, saw a couple of spotted Eagle Rays :), turtles, LARGE lobsters, lots of beautiful corals and sponges... Leo, our divemaster, was constantly on the lookout for interesting things to see and was very helpful - he always seemed to know where to look. Between dives, they provided bottled water and fresh fruit. The divemasters also brought out their "fish charts" and we discussed/identified the fish we saw during the dive. We were sorry to get out of the water and head back to the cruise ship.

I recommend Eagle Ray Divers to anyone without a moment's reservation. They are, by far, the best dive company we have dived with!

Bellevue, Washington
“Great Way to Spend Christmas Eve!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Where do we begin? We had a wonderful snorkeling trip with Diana, Juan Carlos and Carlos. We are an extended family of 14, ages 3 to 69. My mother has Multiple Sclerosis and does not swim. The crew took extra care getting her in/out of the boat and the water. They didn’t rush her and supplied her with a life vest and a life ring. Carlos took mom around with the ring and helped her around the reef, which was thrilling for her and she kept saying she never thought she would be able to do anything like snorkeling. Diana also was very patient answering all the questions from the younger children and helped reassure one of our anxious younger snorkelers.

Diana and her crew were personable and friendly. They took time with us to make sure we understood the rules in the water and on the boat. We enjoyed a great lunch at The Money Bar. Diana took our orders and called ahead so when we docked at the pier, the food was on its way to the table soon after we got there and the food was great. After our last reef, they let the older kids and those of us who still think we are kids, jump off the top deck into the beautiful Caribbean Sea. Diana and her crew are AWESOME! We will not hesitate to use and recommend Eagle Ray Divers. Thanks Diana for helping us create a great family memory!

Hainesville, Illinois
31 attraction reviews
“The Best Snorkel Trip in Cozumel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I was in Cozumel on December 4, 2012 and arrive by cruise ship. Before leaving for my cruise, I did extension research and stumbled upon Eagle Ray Divers. Diana was in constant contact with me before I left on my trip and was very courteous and responsive to all of my questions. She made me feel like part of the family. I chose this tour because I wanted a smaller boat to snorkel, and I didn't want to be on a snorkel trip with 100 people. I booked the 3 reef trip which includes lunch.

To get from the cruise ship dock to the Eagle Ray Divers slip, I took a cab. When arriving I was greeted by the friendly staff who helped me board the boat. Everyone was very nice and friendly. There were 2 outstanding staff members: Tony & Leo. Both of these guys made my trip so memorable!! Tony was my private snorkel guide and he took me to see 3 reefs: Santa Rosa, San Francisco, and Cedral Pass. We saw eagle rays, southern stingrays, turtles, baracudas, cowfish, porcupine fish, lionfish, parrot fish, lobsters, and many more creatures. Everything was perfect and I would highly recommend this trip for snorkeling or diving. After snorkeling all day, they dropped me off at the Money Bar Beach Club for some delicious food.

This is the best kep secret in Cozumel. Make sure to book with this company if you plan to visit Cozumel, you will not be disappointed!!

Moorestown, New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
“The perfect choice, Eagle Ray Divers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Chose the beginner dive package with Eagle Ray as we had never done scuba before. Antonio and Tony were amazing. The education was simple and concise, easy to remember after you are under the water. Antonio is very patient and encouraging, literally holding your hand on the way down, constantly checking that you are ok and staying with you if you feel at all nervous. Tony was always in view making sure you were ok too. I felt totally SAFE the entire dive knowing how carefully I was being watch. The experience was amazing...to reach down and pick up a handful of sand from the ocean floor was so cool and you are swimming with the fish, not over them! I can not recemmend them enough if you are just beginning. We are now considering returning to Cozumel to get certified just to be taught by Antonio!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
22 attraction reviews
“Eagle Ray Divers are awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Just got back from diving with Eagle Ray Divers. Got to dive 3 days and they were awesome. We dove Palancar gardens, San Francisco, Cedral Pass, Santa Rosa were some. We saw eagle rays, baracudas, lion fish, turtles, queen parrot fish, lobsters, eels, crabs, and many more. Leo was awesome and showed me around the reef. He is an awesome guide. We had some deep dives and some really long dives. I dove with ERD two years in a row and I would never dive with any other dive op. They ask you what type of things you would like to see and do, and they do very good at making it happen. I am already making plans to return again very soon. Exceptional service. Fruit and water or soda during surface interval. Two words to describe ERD... is "just awesome"!