“Loved the snorkeling and ceviche!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Money Bar

The Money Bar
KM 6.5 Old Road, Dzul-Ha Reef, Cozumel, Mexico (Formerly "Dzul Ha")
(987) 869-5141
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 16 Nightlife in Cozumel
Type: Reefs, Bars
More attraction details
Owner description: Cozumel's newest beach club featuring a dining area & premium bar, kids menu, wheelchair access to the entire facility, scuba & snorkel gear rental, English speaking guided snorkeling tour, on site scuba instruction, no experience required, certified scuba guided tour, glass bottom kayaks, sunfish sailboats, parasailing , massage & spa treatments, lounging deck area for sunbathing, shaded areas, sandy beaches, comfortable lounge chairs, fresh water showers/bathrooms/changing rooms, lockers, gift shops, free parking lot.
Longwood, Florida, United States
36 attraction reviews
“Loved the snorkeling and ceviche!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

After review places to off-shore snorkel in Cozumel we headed here on many positive reviews. We were on a cruise, and the taxi driver knew where we wanted to go. We arrived and paid for a package, but next time I will parse it out separately, because I like the regular menu over the package menu. We were given a locker to put all our stuff and then a set of snorkels and fins, then INTO THE DEEP BLUE YONDER!

The snorkeling was great for first timers like us. We are strong swimmers, but had no problem with any currents or anything. The fish were plentiful and there was plenty to see.

We took a break for some amazing fish tacos and ceviche. We also got some frozen drinks to accompany. The food was very good.

We then headed to the hammocks. They have 4 I think. I swung under the trees and took and small nap. Heaven.

We headed out again to snorkel and then caught a taxi back at the taxi stand across the street.

This was a highly enjoyable excursion that didn't break the bank. My only issue I had was at their bar, I was charged in excess for my drinks than I would pay on the cruise ship or at home. I thought that was kinda sucky. Stick with the well brands they have and you should be fine.

Visited June 2013

Nashville
7 attraction reviews
“okay, I guess”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

We went to the Money Bar on a Friday night. The band was good, but too loud, we couldn't talk above it. The food was adequate, my order was wrong, but after asking the server about it, he said that is what he wrote down and put it in front of me and left...um...okay. There seemed to be quite a few locals there, all of whom seemed to strut around a bit for the visitors. All in all, not much positive to say about it. Maybe we caught 'em on an off night, although the place was only about half full. Don't plan on going again on any future visits to Cozumel.

Visited December 2013
West Hartford, Connecticut
29 attraction reviews
“Great food & attentive waiter!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went to the Money Bar to snorkel for a few hours ... We stayed there for 5 hours! We had drinks and lunch which was fantastic .. I ate fish tacos and he had beef fajitas. Both dishes were amazing! His meat was so tender and my fish was outstanding ... Tasted like the fish was sautéed in garlic and butter with a little flour. I hate fish fried in my tacos and this was so fresh! We will be in Cozumel for 6 more days and plan to revisit the Money Bar again!

Visited December 2013
Burlington, Canada
“A little piece of paradise.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Hammocks strung between palm trees overlooking the Caribbean! Not overly busy when we were there for a mid-week lunch and afternoon swim. Great hamburgers and good value food. Snorkeling right off the beach with lots of colorful fish. A short taxi ride ... about $10 one-way from the international pier. Well worth a visit to enjoy a quiet afternoon away from the crowds.

Visited November 2013
Tyler, TX
6 attraction reviews
“Happy Hour 5-7”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Two for one drinks here from 5-7 is arguably the best happy hour on the island. Their drinks are really good. Mojitos, margaritas, blue Hawaiians, and my favorite, the "dirty monkey" are all worth the full price. As others have said, snorkeling is also good from here.