“A great family vacation! Great staff!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Vacation Club Cozumel, All inclusive & Golf

You added Melia Vacation Club Cozumel, All inclusive & Golf to your Saves list
Melia Vacation Club Cozumel, All inclusive & Golf
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Costera Norte km 5.8, Cozumel 77600, Mexico (Formerly Paradisus Cozumel, Melia Mayan Paradise)   |
Special Offer
up to -15% MeliáRewards
Ranked #30 of 57 Hotels in Cozumel
Mississauga, Canada
“A great family vacation! Great staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

ROOMS
Nicely decorated, modern. Very clean. No misty smell as mentioned by past reviewers. Bottled water provided every day. Very quiet (Rm #245).

GROUNDS
Very well maintained. Always cleaning. Even had someone pulling weeds between paving stones! Lovely landscaping.

ACTIVITIES
Plenty of activity choices for both adults and children - batting cage, archery, mini-golf, Kids Club, Games Room, water aerobics, foam party, nightly entertainment and more. Our three year old enjoyed the activities - T-shirt painting, puzzles, air hockey, watching movies, to name a few.

BEACH & POOLS
Beautiful beach - turquoise, clear water and white sand. No issues with seaweed or rocks as mentioned by past reviewers. There are two pools and we hung out at the non-adult pool by the activity centre. Perfect for children!

RESTAURANTS & BARS
We had all our meals at La Isla Buffet. Plenty of variety every day (daily themes). The food was good and plenty of drink selections (alcoholic and non-alcoholic). We had no issue with drinking the water that was served to us. All the water served comes from a bottle ("Cristal" brand). This is the same brand of water provided in the rooms. Ice comes packaged so it's not made from tap water. No one in our party got ill from the food or water while staying at the Melia. Very safe.

STAFF
Very friendly and personable staff! Here's a shout-out to the following individuals who made our time at Melia memorable and pleasant:
La Isla Buffet: Jose, Maximilano, Lupe, Jose, Cristina (Cristina makes good omelettes). Thanks to the servers who kept our son happy by giving him Froot Loops and black olives!
Activities: Carlos, Roger, Fany, William, Heydy, Sussy (Sussy is great with kids!)
Lobby: Manuel, Brandon
Maid: Olada (kept our room super clean and stocked up with water)
Management: Stephanie (Since our return flight got delayed by 12 hours, she gave us a late checkout to accommodate our son's nap schedule)

Overall, we had a wonderful family vacation at Melia Vacation Club Cozumel! We were there April 19-26 and the weather was great. We definitely recommend this hotel as a vacation destination!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
Happy Valley-Goose Bay, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

It was 5 hours before check in when I got there so I had to wait until 3pm to get to my room. I have to say after waiting that long they upgraded me to a deluxe ocean view room on the 7th floor. It was amazing and the view was unbelievable. I watched the sunset every night from my balcony as the pirate ship sailed my lol. The service is exceptional to say the least. Brandon...thank you for your constant friendship to a solo guest it was much appreciated. The bar staff were nice but the buffet staff were excellent. The food ( except for the linguine with a hair in it) was delicious. Good variety of food. I didn't try the a la carte because I was alone and not much fun dining alone. The beach was beautiful except for the garbage guests left daily ie cig buts bottle caps etc...it wasn't cleaned up. The water while a bit chilly early in the day was beautiful and very little seaweed around Tip...if you want a chair in a decent spot go early in the morn before 6 to put your towel on it or late in the evening. They are gone quite fast.
They only problem was the push to sell vaca deals with the resort. I have to admit I did buy one but I canceled the next day but they still debit and credit my card and never returned the full amount ($40).
The beds are really really hard but its only a week so I could handle that. Overall I loved the place and would definitely think about going back but not alone this time.

Room Tip: Make sure you get the room you requested or upgrade.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Preston, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

We stayed in the Sea View rooms just by the beach, I would recommend these as they are quiet and away from the Tower which seemed busier. Internet access in the lobby could be intermittent but found that if you sit by the door away from the sea it was excellent. Café Parisio was wonderful for a romantic meal but needed to be booked at 11am if you wanted to go, it was part of the all inclusive which was nice, there was also a grill on the same booking basis which was popular. The food in the main restaurant was excellent with loads of choice and with a fresh grill on each night, aways something good and tasty on.
The staff were very attentive, we tipped small amounts at each meal to be fair as there were so many staff.
Very clean hotel, we will go back
Negatives: only minor but the coffee was a bit weak. Veg on at breakfast with not always on in the evening and more fruit at night would be nice

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Simi Valley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I had an amazing vacation thanks to the activities team I just wanted to be with them thanks to fany, heydy, susie, charlie, otoniel, Miguel and William and roger the one that I like the most was fany. And charlie made me dance and I also sang with heydy I also like the shows at night

South Beloit, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The activities employees were extremely nice and a lot of fun. Thanks Otoniel! Though there was a great amount of things to do, the resort almost seemed to big at times. Not a very big selection for food, but what they had was good. Great place to stay if you're looking to relax!

Room Tip: Only two of three buildings have elevators.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Simi Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We vacationed at Melia Cozumel the week of 4/12-4/19. We had always gone to 5 star hotels. When we researched Melia, we read a lot of reviews. Just wanted to say, we will go back to Melia years to come. We had the greatest experience since the day we arrived, till the day we left. We had always felt like a number at the bigger hotels, but at Melia we felt like family. Lily at the front desk was great, gave us a lot of information as to what places to go and information about the island. A big shout out to the activities group (William, Otoniel,Miguel,Roger,Charlie,Geovany,Fany, and Heidy). They made sure we were having a great time. The bartenders were also awesome (the two Felipe's Enrique, Hilario. And the biggest shout out to our waiter Alberto in the buffet. He always made mealtime a blast! Even taught us some Mayan words or two.
The ocean was beautiful, and met some awesome people while we were there. This isn't a party hotel, if you want calm and relaxation, this is your place to go.
See you all soon!
Ramon, Chuche, y Gladys

Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

When you first come in you are greeted with excellent service, the staff is very nice and attentive. The food is readily available and the quality is excellent too. They have numerous restaurants you have to make reservations for which are really nice but you really can't go wrong with the buffet they offer. There was a few nights where I would actually go to the buffet after I went to the nice restaurant because I was still hungry. THe beach was very nice and spacious and private ! many many stay at the pool all day long and don't even use the beach ! kind of silly to come here and not stay by the ocean all day instead.. the ocean It self was really dirty and murky I don't know if it's because a storm had just come in or something but water was like extremely dark. I don't mean debris, I mean like seaweed making it pretty much brown but if you walk down about quarter mile the water was pristine! It's really crazy there's a pier which divides their property and another resorts and on the other side of the pier it's crystal clear and on the other side of the pier it's almost black lol.. Everybody there was super nice and helpful and since I stayed at a bunch of other resorts on the island I can see the difference between this Resort and the others. If you want the more personal touch at a bigger resort this is the place for you not a MEGA resort by any means. This resort had really nice amenities 2, it had a really cool mini golf and it had a really nice fitness center which I used numerous times. Interstate entertainment staff was really nice and son do they were there throughout the whole trip helping you and encourage you to get up party and have a good time. I really like that one of the guys dressed up like Michael Jackson it was pretty funny! I would definitely come back here again and definitely recommend this resort to you! tip: get up early and grab a beautiful ocean view at breakfast! absolutely lovely!

Room Tip: bring a bunch of singles to tip the staff, they deserve it, you will see! speaking espanol def helps...
Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Melia Vacation Club Cozumel, All inclusive & Golf? Share your experiences!