This was my first trip outside of Canada or the U.S., so I don't have a lot of experience with resorts but my friend who travels every year said that she enjoyed this one too.
The room was lovely, spacious and comfortable. I had a bit of trouble getting someone to help me with an issue that came up when we arrived, but we eventually got it sorted out. Otherwise the staff were gracious, friendly, and helpful.
I understand from my friend that on some resorts there are people who run around pressuring you to take part in activities and the like, but this is not that kind of resort (I'm grateful as I would have hated that!). It's seems more like a quiet place for couples. There were families with kids, but though there is a play structure, this is not a child-focused resort.
My friend and I were almost the only two buddies, everyone else seemed to be families or groups of couples. I suspect they thought we were lesbians but no one made a fuss, so I hope that means they are gay-friendly but I obviously can't be certain. The atmosphere was very relaxing, peaceful, and positive.
The resort has a good-sized beach, so it wasn't crowded. You can snorkel right off the beach and there are nice fish to look at. If you walk down the beach for two minutes and snorkel on the other side of the pier, you will find *so many* fishes to look at. We saw angelfish, schools of yellow and black striped fish and silver-coloured fish, a couple of little barracudas (further out) and a flatfish. So cool! That part of the beach is actually beside another hotel, but I wouldn't have wanted to sty there because the beach was tiny and very crowded.
I had a lovely time and will definitely stay there again if I return to Cozumel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to one of the most charming all-inclusive hideaways in the Mexican Caribbean, featuring a long, shallow sugar sand beach perfect for wading or swimming, four restaurants, five bars, and unlimited amounts of fun. This beautiful beachfront resort is directly across the street from the island's premium golf course, Cozumel Country Club, featuring an 18-hole, par 72 championship course designed by the Nicklaus Design Group. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Melia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Melia Vacation Club Cozumel, All inclusive & Golf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Cozumel All Inclusive Golf & Beach Hotel Cozumel
- Melia Cozumel All Inclusive Golf And Beach Resort
- Sol Melia Cozumel
- Cozumel Sol Melia
- Resort Melia Cozumel