You added Melia Vacation Club Cozumel, All inclusive & Golf to your Saves list
Melia Vacation Club Cozumel, All inclusive & Golf
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Costera Norte km 5.8, Cozumel 77600, Mexico (Formerly Paradisus Cozumel, Melia Mayan Paradise)   |
Special Offer
up to -15% MeliáRewards
Ranked #30 of 57 Hotels in Cozumel
Bremen, Indiana
“4th Time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel the past 4 years now, and each time seems to be better than the last.
My wife and I both thought the food was MUCH better that the past stays. There was more flavor and choices at the buffet resturant, the Grill had a grilled fish that was just so good had to have it more than once.
This is not a 5 star place, so if that is what you are used to pay the price and go there!
I do give it a solid 4 for the price you pay and what you get.
The entire staff are so friendly and helpful.
We booked a Junior Suite and the views from our balcony are just great. We enjoy a quieter place so we can just relax and suck up some alcohol have a great time doing it.
From past visits, we have gotten to know some of the staff by name, and it is amazing how THEY remember YOU. Walked up to a bar and the bartenter said Hey Indiana how are you doing. We had been there a YEAR ago. It is like this all over the Resort. They might not remember your name, but they do remember your face! Buy the way, a tip here and there work wonders.
We will be going back here again next year

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
HUNLOCK CREEK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We stayed there for five days with family. The hotel is older, but very well kept and extemely clean. The beach was something of a disappointment as there is a LOT of seaweed, but this is out of the hotel's hands. They had people out every morning raking the seaweed up. If you are looking for nightlife, this is not the place for you. They have some activities at the resort, but even downtown rolls up the sidewalks at 8 p.m. after the cruise ships leave. We had an oceanfront room that was just wonderful. The room and bath were very clean and well kept. The service at this resort was phenomenal. You couldn't ask for more. The food was average to above average. I am not normally a buffet person, but I was able to find items to eat at each serving that were very tasty. I would definately stay again.

Room Tip: If you can, book a Junior Suite. They are oceanfront and in the newer building. they come with a r...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Detroit,MI.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Wonderful Resort! My husband and I stayed for 9N/10D and our friends joined us for 5N/6D. This is a small resort which we loved, if you like mega size this isn't for you. The service was great everywhere in the resort, very clean and hard working employees. We tipped the maids, waiters,bartenders, they were so good to us and that is how we showed our appreciation. Bring small bills, no change available. We never had bad food, breakfast was great, lunch at the outdoor grill was made to order on a limited menu, but good, sitting right on the patio overlooking the ocean everyday. Dinner was good also, we never had a bad meal, and always had plenty of choices. Not sure how you can possibly eat all that is offered. The desserts always looked better than they tasted, not a fan of Mexican dessert ingredients. Never waited for a table, never had to save a beach chair. We went to the resturant twice and that was nice, small portions if your a big eater. The alcohol drinks were always good at every bar. Large sandy beach always kept up, the water alon the shore line is based on the current/wind conditions, somedays cloudy other days clear. Things do quite down at 10 PM and that was okay with us, next day up with the sun!
Golfed 4 days 18 holes. Bring alot of balls, course was tough and in great shape. You have to get your own transportation back and forth was the only downside.
Hotel is 10 minutes from airport, taxi ride was $18.00 to hotel and $15.00 on the return. Taxi downtown was 15 minutes and about $7 each way. The downtown area was really a disappointment, I think it was masterminded for the cruise ships. Ferry over to Playa DelCarmen was $25.00 pp roundtrip. The locals in both shopping areas are very annoying and rude and prices were high, quality poor.
We would stay again in a heartbeat, great value, small, quite, tranquill, PERFECT!

Room Tip: Stayed in the Paradise Suites right on the beach with an outdoor Jacuzzi, the setting was the best!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have never been to a hotel that the food was any worse than this hotel. I am not your typical American who expects only great food. I have been to Mexico 20 times and no kidding, if you want to be on a diet this is the perfect place. Hard to explain how bad the food really was. Even for Mexico this was so far worse than I have ever seen.
My room did not have a refrig in it even though this is an all inclusive hotel. Refrig is a $30 upgrade. The rooms and staff are nice, the location of hotel is the last hotel down the strip and the beach and water was dirty, I think it was the wind direction but we never got into the water at the hotel.
Was invited to this hotel by friends so really had nothing to say and did no research but what a complete waste of money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

This place is about dead-average. It won't blow you away with food, amenities, or service, but it's well-priced, and everything is good quality. We were quite pleased with the daily buffet, stream of cocktails, and access to nearby activities. Two major disappointments were the 1. lack of in-room Wi-Fi, the only access being in the lobby, and 2. our so-called daily refreshed mini-bar was only filled once, and we had to ask. If you're a first-timer in Cozumel and you're on a budget, this is a great pick.

Room Tip: If you can, get a non-first-floor ocean-view room. The ground floors are right next to foot traffic...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
des moines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My boyfriend and I went to Melia Oct 18th-Oct 22nd. We got a great deal on our flight and all inclusive through travelocity. After reading some of the reviews I was a bit nervous. But if you arent expecting a 5 star hotel and have normal expectations then you will love this hotel. Pros: All the staff were extremely helpful (front desk, waiters, maids, bartenders) we did leave a tip after every meal, every morning for the maid and while drinking. Even though its all inclusive its still respectful to leave a tip, if you can afford a vacation to Cozumel, you can shell out a few bucks during meals, ect. They have free snorkling everyday for an hour. Food was pretty good everyday, there were some days that were a miss and didn't have any options I like, but I ate Fresh Guacamole and fruit everyday (which isnt really a problem!) but there always seem to be plent of options. Breakfast is typical American breakfast (Omlette bar, fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt, potatotes,bacon) with other added options. Dinner was good, a few nights I had fresh salmon and chicken or steak. Also, I am not a super picky eater, if you are then you probably will not enjoy the food. Pool bar is a lot of fun to meet some new people and Enrique the bartender is great! the layout of the hotel is nice and big and the hotel has a pretty long stretch of white sand beach to walk along. Cons: The beach is not the crystal clear beaches youd expect. There is TONS of seaweed, granted the hotel cannot control this they do a good job of raking up most of the seaweed every monring. But if you want a crystal clear beach to just walk on to, dont stay here. Like other reviews if you walk 500 feet past the pier you can snorkle there. We saw tons of fish there and had a good time. Also the reviews were right the beds are rock hard as well as the pillows. We had the ocean view room which had an amazing view, and a week on a hard bed wont kill ya. Every morning we had a clean room and our waters and soaps were re-stocked every morning. Overall I would reccomend this hotel! We spent half the time at the hotel and the other half exploring the island. If you plan on staying at the hotel the whole time i would reccomened a different one with more activity options. But if you plan on exploring like we did, and staying at the hotel the other half of the time, its great.

Room Tip: We got upgraded to the Ocean front room, which had a great view and the air conditionng was on and s...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Baton Rouge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I've recently attended a small conference at the Melia Cozumel. I'm not a beach person, so if not for the conference, I wouldn't have gone. I can say that the experience was excellent, room, view, service, friendliness of the staff - it was a great venue for a conference. Drinks in the evening were great; I've rated the food average because I thought it was probably a bit too much adjusted towards western tourism tastes; yet, I didn't feel the need to go foraging elsewhere. I really liked the overall ambiance, weather turned out to be great in mid- October. I stayed two more days after the meeting, and would like to say an extra thanks to the dive shop. I went snorkeling, and scuba diving for the first time, and I really appreciated the patience and encouragement of Ximena, my dive instructor. I wouldn't hesitate to go back for a real vacation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Melia Vacation Club Cozumel, All inclusive & Golf? Share your experiences!