Wonderful Resort! My husband and I stayed for 9N/10D and our friends joined us for 5N/6D. This is a small resort which we loved, if you like mega size this isn't for you. The service was great everywhere in the resort, very clean and hard working employees. We tipped the maids, waiters,bartenders, they were so good to us and that is how we showed our appreciation. Bring small bills, no change available. We never had bad food, breakfast was great, lunch at the outdoor grill was made to order on a limited menu, but good, sitting right on the patio overlooking the ocean everyday. Dinner was good also, we never had a bad meal, and always had plenty of choices. Not sure how you can possibly eat all that is offered. The desserts always looked better than they tasted, not a fan of Mexican dessert ingredients. Never waited for a table, never had to save a beach chair. We went to the resturant twice and that was nice, small portions if your a big eater. The alcohol drinks were always good at every bar. Large sandy beach always kept up, the water alon the shore line is based on the current/wind conditions, somedays cloudy other days clear. Things do quite down at 10 PM and that was okay with us, next day up with the sun!
Golfed 4 days 18 holes. Bring alot of balls, course was tough and in great shape. You have to get your own transportation back and forth was the only downside.
Hotel is 10 minutes from airport, taxi ride was $18.00 to hotel and $15.00 on the return. Taxi downtown was 15 minutes and about $7 each way. The downtown area was really a disappointment, I think it was masterminded for the cruise ships. Ferry over to Playa DelCarmen was $25.00 pp roundtrip. The locals in both shopping areas are very annoying and rude and prices were high, quality poor.
We would stay again in a heartbeat, great value, small, quite, tranquill, PERFECT!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to one of the most charming all-inclusive hideaways in the Mexican Caribbean, featuring a long, shallow sugar sand beach perfect for wading or swimming, four restaurants, five bars, and unlimited amounts of fun. This beautiful beachfront resort is directly across the street from the island’s premium golf course, Cozumel Country Club, featuring an 18-hole, par 72 championship course designed by the Nicklaus Design Group. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Booking.com, Melia, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Melia Cozumel All Inclusive Golf & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Cozumel All Inclusive Golf And Beach Resort
- Melia Cozumel All Inclusive Golf & Beach Hotel Cozumel
- Sol Melia Cozumel
- Cozumel Sol Melia
- Resort Melia Cozumel