“Avoid at all cost” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Cozumel All Inclusive Golf & Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Melia Cozumel All Inclusive Golf & Beach Resort to your Saves list
Melia Cozumel All Inclusive Golf & Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Costera Norte km 5.8, Cozumel 77600, Mexico (Formerly Paradisus Cozumel, Melia Mayan Paradise)   |
Special Offer
Up to 45% off
Ranked #31 of 57 Hotels in Cozumel
Dallas
“Avoid at all cost”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have never been to a hotel that the food was any worse than this hotel. I am not your typical American who expects only great food. I have been to Mexico 20 times and no kidding, if you want to be on a diet this is the perfect place. Hard to explain how bad the food really was. Even for Mexico this was so far worse than I have ever seen.
My room did not have a refrig in it even though this is an all inclusive hotel. Refrig is a $30 upgrade. The rooms and staff are nice, the location of hotel is the last hotel down the strip and the beach and water was dirty, I think it was the wind direction but we never got into the water at the hotel.
Was invited to this hotel by friends so really had nothing to say and did no research but what a complete waste of money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

This place is about dead-average. It won't blow you away with food, amenities, or service, but it's well-priced, and everything is good quality. We were quite pleased with the daily buffet, stream of cocktails, and access to nearby activities. Two major disappointments were the 1. lack of in-room Wi-Fi, the only access being in the lobby, and 2. our so-called daily refreshed mini-bar was only filled once, and we had to ask. If you're a first-timer in Cozumel and you're on a budget, this is a great pick.

Room Tip: If you can, get a non-first-floor ocean-view room. The ground floors are right next to foot traffic...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
des moines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My boyfriend and I went to Melia Oct 18th-Oct 22nd. We got a great deal on our flight and all inclusive through travelocity. After reading some of the reviews I was a bit nervous. But if you arent expecting a 5 star hotel and have normal expectations then you will love this hotel. Pros: All the staff were extremely helpful (front desk, waiters, maids, bartenders) we did leave a tip after every meal, every morning for the maid and while drinking. Even though its all inclusive its still respectful to leave a tip, if you can afford a vacation to Cozumel, you can shell out a few bucks during meals, ect. They have free snorkling everyday for an hour. Food was pretty good everyday, there were some days that were a miss and didn't have any options I like, but I ate Fresh Guacamole and fruit everyday (which isnt really a problem!) but there always seem to be plent of options. Breakfast is typical American breakfast (Omlette bar, fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt, potatotes,bacon) with other added options. Dinner was good, a few nights I had fresh salmon and chicken or steak. Also, I am not a super picky eater, if you are then you probably will not enjoy the food. Pool bar is a lot of fun to meet some new people and Enrique the bartender is great! the layout of the hotel is nice and big and the hotel has a pretty long stretch of white sand beach to walk along. Cons: The beach is not the crystal clear beaches youd expect. There is TONS of seaweed, granted the hotel cannot control this they do a good job of raking up most of the seaweed every monring. But if you want a crystal clear beach to just walk on to, dont stay here. Like other reviews if you walk 500 feet past the pier you can snorkle there. We saw tons of fish there and had a good time. Also the reviews were right the beds are rock hard as well as the pillows. We had the ocean view room which had an amazing view, and a week on a hard bed wont kill ya. Every morning we had a clean room and our waters and soaps were re-stocked every morning. Overall I would reccomend this hotel! We spent half the time at the hotel and the other half exploring the island. If you plan on staying at the hotel the whole time i would reccomened a different one with more activity options. But if you plan on exploring like we did, and staying at the hotel the other half of the time, its great.

Room Tip: We got upgraded to the Ocean front room, which had a great view and the air conditionng was on and s...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Baton Rouge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I've recently attended a small conference at the Melia Cozumel. I'm not a beach person, so if not for the conference, I wouldn't have gone. I can say that the experience was excellent, room, view, service, friendliness of the staff - it was a great venue for a conference. Drinks in the evening were great; I've rated the food average because I thought it was probably a bit too much adjusted towards western tourism tastes; yet, I didn't feel the need to go foraging elsewhere. I really liked the overall ambiance, weather turned out to be great in mid- October. I stayed two more days after the meeting, and would like to say an extra thanks to the dive shop. I went snorkeling, and scuba diving for the first time, and I really appreciated the patience and encouragement of Ximena, my dive instructor. I wouldn't hesitate to go back for a real vacation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
st louis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

So I will just say the first thing we saw was the beach and that is where the disappointment began. The water was dirty and muddy looking, not at all inviting for swimming. The food was, I can not sugar coat this, awful. Your only option was the buffet or the snack bar. We spent over 300.00 eating out because we could not stand to eat at the resort after day one. I do not know how they can advertise all these activities and restaurants, and then when you go none of these options are available. The bed was hard, but that I can over look had the first few things been awesome. We had to go to the resort next door to snorkel, they had gorgeous water because they built a concrete wall to keep out the water that was in front of our resort. "Stocked" mini fridge in room means 2 beers a day. If you want more than that they are more than happy to give it to you at $3 a beer. The bartenders were friendly. Enrique, Felipe, the doormen, Yessica, and America were all helpful and friendly. We did find some good off resort restaurants such as casa mission, la perlita, and the lobster house across the street from the resort.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Durango, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We traveled off season and purchased hurricane insurance but no need. The weather was great. We were upgraded to a room with a jacuzzi since it was our anniversary, perfecto! The four poster bed, deck and views were fabulous. We stayed on the adult pool side vs by the kid pool which I recommend if it is two adults. The staff was super friendly and nice, assisting us in booking a scooter to ride around the island, a snorkel trip, and recommending Primas Restaurant for our anniversary dinner, which was the best crab I have ever eaten! Great pool and white sandy beach. We worked out every day and treated ourselves to a couples massage in the small but peaceful spa. It was the perfect getaway and we felt very safe.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Newton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We had a small scientific conference (~ 50 people) there in the beginning of October. This is a great place to conduct a conference. The staff a the hotel and the restaurant was very helpful, very active and friendly, but at the same time essentially invisible and not intrusive. The food in this all-inclusive was very decent, and you could find all kinds of food to your tasting - meat, fish, dairy products, salads, fruit and vegetable, all fresh and tasty. Violeta Sanchez, Director of Sales, did a great job helping with the organization of the conference (as far as i could tell, as a participant). The room was very clean, convenient, great sea view, a balcony, air conditioner was powerful and quiet. The beach is very good although the water with fish etc was better just 50 yards to the left - at the next hotel - and i swam only there before breackfast - great experience swimming and watching all sorts of tropical fish. It is easy to get to local snorkeling places and to town for great shopping etc. People are very friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with ocean view, not the garden
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Melia Cozumel All Inclusive Golf & Beach Resort? Share your experiences!