“What a romantic night” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Buccanos at Night

Buccanos at Night
Playa San Juan km 4.5 | Zona Hotelera Norte ( Interior Club Cozumel Caribe), Cozumel 77600, Mexico
+52 987 872 0100
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Buccanos at Night is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 249 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Vegan, Eclectic
Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Multi-ethnic, multi-sensory dining experience where flavors clash on purpose. Contemporary seafood, fresh fish & premium quality ingredients that change with the season. Oceanview dining terrace with a panoramic view of the mainland skyline enhanced by torches & candlelight. A more relaxed and social approach to dining awaits you at 'Buccanos at Night' Friday and Saturday evening from 6-11pm
“What a romantic night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

My son and his wife surprised me and my wife on our last night in the island that we would have a romantic dinner at Buccanos and warned that we would wear pants, long sleeve, and long dress for our ladies because the dinner would be outside. It was quite a ride from Royal Plaza. We paid $17 by taxi one way. When we arrived, we were met by a lovely lady, the owner of the restaurant who was very fluent in English. My son told her that he had a reservation but changed the time to come in earlier. He asked her if she received his latest e-mail. She was very accommodating and told him that it was okay and had text him. As we walked in, the place was well decorated with tiki torches and lights around the coconut trees. The tables had candle lights. The place was very romantic and dark except the lights. When we got seated, one of the staff put a mosquito coil under the table to drive the mosquitoes. They gave us spray also but nobody in our party got bitten by mosquitoes. We used a flashlight to read the menu. The waiter got someone to explain what were the specials that night. A young guy came and explained the specials and made recommendations. We found out later that he was the chef and he and his mom were the owners. His mom was also a chef. The food was excellent and perfect, not salty or greasy. My son ordered Waho fish and I got the Creole shrimp fettucinne. The shrimp was extra jumbo size. This was one of my best meals ever. The drinks were great too. The prices ranged from $16 up for a main menu. This place was very scenic. It was very romantic throughout the night with lighted boats and ships passing by. The ambient was great. This place was beside the water. Our romantic dinner was a night to remember.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Rhode Island
“Disappointed!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

This was our second visit in two years. I ordered the tequila shrimp on a skewer, and my husband ordered the fish and chips. The atmosphere is great, but don't forget to spray your ankles with bug repellent. The service is stellar. My husbands fish and chips were very tasty, but the fish was piled on top of the fries which made them soggy. A good chef would of known better. My shrimp skewer looked great, and the presentation of pouring the flaming tequila was fun. When I went to take my first bite, the shrimp were Luke warm, and the onion and peppers that were on the skewer were raw. Once I had a bite of raw onion it ruined the meal. Do not assume that the shish kabob was grilled. Always ask how everything is prepared! Very disappointed, and the chef should take more care on how these entrees are prepared.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
i_falkenberg, Owner at Buccanos at Night, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Very unfortunate that you did not enjoy your dinner with us at Buccanos. We strive for customer satisfaction and take all remarks serious. An apology on the Flamed Tequila Shrimp Kabob but I myself like to eat my vegetables slightly cooked allowing for a contrast of textures and this is something that I follow with all my recipes. I agree that not everyone enjoys this hence I will grill them l little longer as per your comments to satisfy all my clients . Your remark on the fish and chips that your husband ate surprises me as this is one of our local clients favourite. Only last month an Englishman from London commented that this dish was at par with Gordon Ramsey's fish and chips in his London Restaurant and he returned the following week for the same dish . As you did enjoy the service and atmosphere I do hope that you will give our kitchen another chance on your next trip to Cozumel.
Caledon, Canada
“Exceeded expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

After reading other reviews we were excited to try Buccanos at Night and we were amazed by the quality and imagination of the food. Everything was fantastic, but we were especially blown away by the cocktail special which was a fig martini. My husband ordered two and that's quite a recommendation! The seafood was as fresh as it gets having just been caught that morning by the chef. The surroundings are magical at night and if the breeze is a bit chilly they will bring you a soft blanket to use as a wrap. Outstanding service and to die for food...does it get any better than this?

Visited February 2014
Arlington, Virginia
“Delicious & Romantic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

My wife and parents came here on our last night on the island. Quiet, serene, and romantic..they deocorate the beach with torches..recommended to wear khakis or a long dress to protect against mosquitoes. The food is exquisite and so are the drinks. I recommend any fresh catch that they get during the day it is extremely fresh and the entrees are very creative. You get a great value for the meal when you get here. Reservations are recommended as they are only open Fridays & Saturdays for dinner.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Iron River
“Another wonderful meal at Buccanos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Service: top rate, ambiance: top rate, food: off the charts. Anyone who goes to Cozumel and does not take the time to get a reservation to go here deserves to gag down Sub Way. Far and above the best food on the island.

Visited February 2014