“Fabulous!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Buccanos at Night

Buccanos at Night
Playa San Juan km 4.5 | Zona Hotelera Norte ( Interior Club Cozumel Caribe), Cozumel 77600, Mexico
+52 987 872 0100
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Buccanos at Night is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 265 restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Eclectic
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Multi-ethnic, multi-sensory dining experience where flavors clash on purpose. Contemporary seafood, fresh fish & premium quality ingredients that change with the season. Oceanview dining terrace with a panoramic view of the mainland skyline enhanced by torches & candlelight. A more relaxed and social approach to dining awaits you at 'Buccanos at Night' Friday and Saturday evening from 6-11pm
Deltona, Fl
“Fabulous!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We spent our last night in Coz at Buccanos. I am so glad we made reservations in advance. The food was amazing! There were four of us and we all had something different. The appetizers are unbelievable and creative. We shared several lobster appetizers and one person had salad which was very good!! For entrees one in our group had a tuna that was a special and he said it was the best he had ever had!! I had lobster mac and cheese and it was delicious. My husband had fish and chips and said the fish was moist and almost too much to finish. My other friend had a chicken dish and said it was excellent.We were so full we couldn't even think of dessert. The attention to detail was impressive. The setting is so beautiful and can't wait to go back next year.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

94% Recommend
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Amazing food, great place by the water!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

My wife and I had heard about Buccanos at Night, so we made reservations--which, by the way, are made through OpenTable well in advance. The chef, Inez, came out and went over the night's specials, and after hearing about them, we ordered all three appetizers to share. I really think that appetizers are where a chef is often most creative, and you can try things without too much quantity. The fish cakes, shrimp bisque, and grilled watermelon/goat cheese salads were all incredible. We had the night's special drinks with them. Mine was a valencia orange mimosa that was fantastic. We had a cinnamon ice cream/Granny Smith apple sundae that was the perfect end to the meal. Definitely a must-go place--and quite reasonable.

Visited February 2013
Lowell, Michigan
“Not my Number 1”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Food was good but too rich. Maybe our choice of appetizers and main course was to blame but we were somewhat disappointed. We were seated in the enclosed area and found it to be noisy. More importantly, we were seated between two tables of smokers. Smoking should not be allowed in any eating establishment! In fairness, we spoke to others who were there (seated outdoors) and they loved it. However, I my mind there are numerous restaurants in Cozumel who should be rated higher than Buccanos at Night.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
cozumelsnowbird, Owner at Buccanos at Night, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for pointing out the areas that require improvement in our restaurant. We will take your review seriously so to better service our clients and product . Please accept our apologies.
Olathe, KS
“Great in many ways but poor in service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Family of 4 had an early reservation since my kids are 15 & 14.
The setting and ambience were great.

Initially the service was great, we ordered two of the apetizer specials. To be honest I can not remember the dishes but recall they were literally inhaled.
Next we ordered Mahi, Wahoo & lobster specials as well as Lobster and cheese ravioli. Mahi was great, Wahoo was very good but slightly overcooked the two lobster dishes were very good as well although I thought the lobster was a little tough.

Having been in Cozumel for four days we were used to laid back service, however as the tables began to fill up our service stopped. No ability to order another drink or get more water or even learn about the desert options. We went from wanting drinks and dessert to "Lets just go".
It got so bad that we actually spent more time waiting to get the bill than we did ordering & eating dinner. Perhaps if we would have yelled "Amigo" or "Help" we might have been served but we were tired and passive.

If there had been better service we would have ordered a couple desserts and drinks and that would have helped pay for the extra employee. Even if they just had someone going around and filling water glasses.

Notes - Make sure you confirm Taxi fare prior to going to Bucannos. Our hotel was less than a mile down the road and it should have been 40-50 pesos max, but since we were being dropped at Bucannos he wanted 100 pesos. (My mistake for not confirming prior to getting in the cab).
Also, trying to get a cab after dinner was difficult. We waited 15 minutes and then just walked. The cab came a couple minutes later, but we just walked back instead.

Bottom line - Food was very good to great - service went from great to poor.
Would I go back - probably but I would be loud not passive and I would ask for my bill when I order desert.
I wanted to give it a 3.5 stars.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your review and your input on the areas that require improvement.
This particular evening we had various tables that arrived with larger groups than booked and these oversize groups did affect our service. We need to enforce stricter reservation policiies so this does not occur again hence affecting our overall service.
We also need to inform our guests that even though Wahoo is a delicious and rare fish it is also very musclular and compact. If this fish is overcooked by 30 seconds the problem is evident and we apologize if we missed the mark.
With respect to the taxi incident we rarely hear of a problem with taxi drivers as they are well regulated and drivers can get into trouble with the taxi union for overcharging. Buccaonos does have the service of calling taxis with a wait of 15-20 minutes from the taxi stand in town to the northern hotel zone.
To conclude we send our greatest apologies and hope that you will give us another chance when you visit Cozumel on your next trip.
Cassopolis, Michigan
“Great atmosphere and seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is a very private beautiful outdoor restaurant. The owner and chef come around to the tables and talk to you about the specials, which is unique. We had the grilled lobster tail and the mahi mahi, both were wonderful. The only downside was that service was a bit slow, but the atmosphere is very relaxed so it makes sense.

Visited March 2013