“Cozy little get away” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villas Ixchel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cozumel
Villas Ixchel
55 av. BIS x 15 y 17 Sur # 1033 | Colonia Independencia, Cozumel 77600, Mexico   |
Ranked #16 of 27 Cozumel B&B and Inns
“Cozy little get away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2005

We stayed with Roswitha in October of 2004 and had a WOMDERFUL time. The apartment had everthing a much more expensive hotel would have except maybe a balcony. The room was always spotless and I am a neat freak. Rosie got us a great deal on a scooter for 2 weeks and is also very knowledgeable about what to do on the island. (she is also a master diver and took me on my first dive and I loved it!!!!) If you're an "all inclusive" fan and have to have a beach or an endless view, this place is not for you. However, if you want a feel as to what the "inside" of Cozumel is like and you're on a budget...Villas Ixchel is perfect. While you're there be sure to kiss Ossa and Pascha for me!

32 people have reviewed this hotel

Carleton Place, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2004

We rented 2 apartments from Roswitha from Dec 12 - Dec 19 /04. They were clean, efficient and homey. Rosie is a great host and spent time giving us great hints and tips on the area. We came to Cozumel to snorkel and followed her advice and where to go. We rented a VW convertible and snorkelled every day but one when weather encouraged us to visit the ruins instead. The highlight of our trip was our last day when we went snorkelling with Rosie. We went to three different locations and saw everything!! It was great to be guided and have a boat follow if we were tired or just wanted a break, and to not have to be concerned about traffic. When snorkelling earlier in the week you had to be extremely careful of heavy boat traffic due to shoreline snorkel tours offered by the locals to the many cruise ship people. I will not talk about where Rosie took us or what we saw, but I would definitely give a 2 thumbs up.

PEI Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2004

I just got back from staying at Villas Ixchel and I highly recommend it. Beautiful, unique, clean rooms in a lovely, residential setting. The owner, Rosie, is a wonderful host and extremely helpful. It certainly was an awesome place to stay and I would return in a heartbeat and would highly recommend this place without any reservations.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2004

Thankfully, bad vacations are few and far between. Ordinarily, you are willing to overlook the bumps in the road (and I don't mean Cozumel's ubiquitous "topes") and little frustrations because, after all, at least you're not working. But some vacations are simply more special, more unforgettable, and, ultimately, more rejuvenating than the rest. Three days ago, my wife and I returned from what we both agree was our favorite vacation since our honeymoon. Much of that can be attributed to Roswitha Flury, owner and caretaker of the charming Villas Ixchel. Roswitha is a bundle of energy and good humor, which she directs towards making her guests' wishes come true. As recently-certified divers, we essentially packed up our gear, arrived on Roswitha's doorstep, and followed her sage advice every step of the way. She recommended a dive operator (Prestaciones Submarinas) that we likely never would have discovered on our own, and was perfectly suited to our needs. After diving, we would often enjoy a drink with Roswitha on the patio amidst the fruit trees and orchids, before heading out to one of the many fine eateries she had mapped out for us in advance. As if the rate she charged for our comfortable, immaculate duplex was not bargain enough, Roswitha negotiated a substantial discount on our scooter rental for the week, which was the perfect way to get around the island. Villas Ixchel is also perfectly situated -- snuggled away from the hubbub of the waterfront area and the cruise ships, yet a short scooter ride to the best restaurants, marinas, and nightlife.

I could go on forever about the highlights of the trip (there were no lowlights until our wonderful air carrier misdirected some of our baggage to London on the return flight). However, I will leave it at this: if you feel trapped by all-inclusive resort-type operations, and prefer to see a side of Cozumel that is not readily accessible to tourists (the best side, in my opinion), then you will love Villas Ixchel. As you recline your seat and prepare for the long flight home, there is no better thought than, "You know, if I had to do this vacation over again, I would have done it the exact same way."

• Stayed June 2004
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2004

We went on Rosie's private snorkeling trip. It was fantastic! The personalized attention was great. Rosie is an excellent guide that makes you feel right at home in her beautiful water of Cozumel. We snorkeled with a lady that was staying in one of Rosie's units. She said they were fantastic. If we aren't on a cruise next time and looking for a place to stay, we will certainly look up Rosie. She is a sweetheart!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2004

Rosie's snorkeling tour was the most fabulous snorkeling tour my husband and I ever took! We did the boat tour from the dive shop at our all inclusive resort and snorkeled from the shore, but there was absolutely no comparison. It would be like comparing a pretty pebble picked up on a beach to the mesmerizing beauty of a firey opal. A REAL gem! Rosie is also a gem---- a wonderful and gracious person. I only wish we knew about her villas when we booked our trip. But now that I do, you can bet we'll plan another trip to Cozumel to STAY and SNORKEL with Rosie!!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2004

Villas Ixchel, so many wonderful memories:-breakfast in the secluded patio under coconut palms, the fragrance of orange blossoms, masses of mauve bouganvillea spilling over the high garden walls, emerald hummingbirds sipping nectar from the burgeoning red hibiscus, and gently incessant trade winds-my lady Rosita who wisely and lovingly guided us to just rent a mask and fins anyplace and jump in the sea where I communed with friendly rays, shoals of brilliant parrot fish, gem-like fish of every color and shape who swam within inches of my hand and mask. I went to the sea every day all along the coast as she told me and will never forget their beauty. -Rosita knew where to eat (the cocinas tipicas with full meals for 2 to 3 dollars) and was never too busy to advise us. She told us where the best deals were on souvenirs, textiles, and pottery-my beautiful room with fans and happy colors, the sweet and gentle maid Lupita who artfully fashioned little swans kissing on our bed out of the bath towels, the little fridge for late night snacks with my love, the privacy and peace-the Villa is close to 2 major streets for easy access to taxis, but we rented bikes from Rosita and found lots of diners, beaches, and friendly people everywhere we went. A vacation place and hostess worth millions for practically nothing. Villas Ixchel.

Been to Villas Ixchel? Share your experiences!