“Dolphin Encounter” 4 of 5 stars

Wisconsin
3 attraction reviews
“Dolphin Encounter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

On our RCCL cruise we scheduled the Dolphin Encounter excursion. The experience was a once in a lifetime event. This is very much a "cattle call" push you in and out type of experience. It is very organzied and over all I am very happy with my experience. You are setup into groups and given life vests and then taken out to a water enclosure. I would suggest bringing along water shoes as the platform can be slippery and the waves can make you unstable. You are allowed to pet the dolphin as it goes past you about 4 or 5 times. The kiss, handshake, and dance are all for the camera to sell you the pictures, which are either $38 a piece or the entire set for around $140 on a CD.

It's one of those things that were on my bucket list and I'm glad I did, but if I were to do again I would choose somewhere else to do it. It just felt very rushed and very much just for the camera and to sell you the pictures.

London, ON
3 attraction reviews
“A great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

This was the highlight of our trip. We loved interacting with very trained dolphins.
You should note: if you want any type of photo of the event it will cost you around $50.
This is a great experience, but they will try to milk a lot of money out of you.

7 attraction reviews
“Highlight of my cruise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We purchased this adventure with our cruise lines and were not disappointed. The dolphins interaction is very exciting. The staff is knowledgeable and very friendly. The Dolphins are so intelligent and did everything the trainer wanted her to do. It was amazing having the dolphins push us or swim us through the water. Total interaction time was probable 35 minutes.

The only downfall is the pictures are quite expensive. But our paparazzi took about 200 pictures of just me and my different interactions with the Dolphin.

The package I bought had a buffet along with it. Also for a small fee you can snorkel. The day we went the water was crystal clear but not a lot of fish. This could be due to the fact that it was about 1;00 pm before we snorkled.

Austin, TX
“Dolphin Discover Royal Swim”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

This was an amazing experience, don't skimp and do the Encounter, the Royal is more expensive for a reason, you touch them, ride them ('fin swim' and an off-the-nose trip) and teach them to do tricks. Every trip since that has offered a dolphin excursion I pass on - once you've had the best you won't even consider the rest. Yes, I thought it was that good. The pictures are expensive - you might be able to talk them down a bit, we went ahead and bought ours, you can't have other guests on the platforms taking pictures so unless you have a rocking telephoto for someone to use you'll want the pix, they are very good and I"m glad I have the memories preserved. If you have little ones check the age - there is an age limit for safety purposes. I had to choose a 2013 date but we were actually there the previous year

Visited December 2013
Sarasota, Florida
18 attraction reviews
“SEA LIONS up close”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Best ever up close experience with magic sea creatures, very lovely place, nice interactions, great photography (135$ for 120 plus photos), no video was taken but still very satisfied with pics and great opportunity to get a fishy loving smooch!!!
My husband loved the experience. We would go back anytime!!!!

Visited February 2014