I pictured a romantic vacation with my significant other. I got a very boring vacation with mediocre food and nothing to do. No one told us that all but one of the resort's restaurants would be closed when we visited. Do NOT visit this resort in September, October, or November. I'm even skeptical that you should use this resort at all. The phones were down for most of the week, so we couldn't order room service or even ask for a wake-up call. We paid extra for wifi but that was down too. We were told that all the shops downtown were closed but then the next night when we went out there were plenty of bars and activities going on! I feel like we wasted a week's vacation doing nothing in another country; paying for an "all-inclusive" resort that was NOT all-inclusive. Communications between staff members are terrible and as a result we missed a lot of activities. No one ever came to fix our alarm clock so we ended up having to use our cell phones. There's bird poop on the backs of chairs in the one restaurant that they had open while we stayed there, there was also usually an hour wait to sit in those bird poop chairs for dinner. Hardly the romantic dinner and vacation I was picturing. I've contacted management three times now to express my displeasure. They have yet to even call to apologize. Oh, and their "time-share/vacation" discussion is not a 90-minute discussion; they talked to us for about 3 hours. The only good news is, this wasn't my honeymoon.
Consider yourself warned. Don't use Occidental Grand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only the Caribbean’s most famous reef system could match the beauty and splendor of the Occidental Grand Cozumel, which is exactly why the two exist side-by-side. Located on Cozumel’s gorgeous San Francisco beach, just above the bottomless blue paradise of the Palancar Reef system, you’ll find an authentic-style state that delivers all the luxuries of a private oceanside hacienda. Gourmet dining, bright and airy rooms, nightly music and entertainment, daily sports and beach activities and an on-site spa and salon make the Occidental grand Cozumel the jewel of any Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Barcelo, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Occidental Grand Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Grand Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Cozumel
- Grand Cozumel
- Grand Occidental Cozumel