“This is the place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Baldwin's Guest House Cozumel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cozumel
Baldwin's Guest House Cozumel
You added Baldwin's Guest House Cozumel to your Saves list
Ave 55 sur #140, Cozumel 77600, Mexico   |
Ranked #2 of 28 Cozumel B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fort Worth, TX
“This is the place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2004

This is the place to stay. The hotels are big and fancy on the Internet, but when you get there, they are a disappointment. We have been twice before and found that while the accommodations are nice, the food is adequate at best. Unless you need the frills of an all inclusive, you are better off saving your money and staying with Kathy and Dale here.

It is located very close to town ($2 taxi), so close that our dive shop picked us up every day. There is a dive rinse area on site, and life becomes easier when you don't have to deal with everything at a big hotel. No elevators. No check-in. No noisy next door guests or all-night party going on downstairs. Just a nice quiet vacation.

Kathy's breakfasts were all outstanding. My wife loves banana pancakes and Kathy made a special batch just for her. Best pancakes she ever ate.

We would definitely stay here again, and you should too.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2004

My boyfriend and I spent Labor Day weekend with Dale and Kathy at their guest house, and it was one of our best trips yet! We loved the beautiful backyard with lush trees and plants surrounding the lovely clean pool. By taking advantage of their meal suggestions, we enjoyed great authentic mexican food without the tourist trappings (and prices!). We also used the scuba diving company they recommended and were thoroughly impressed with their knowledge and professionalism. It's definitely a great deal to get a comfortable bed with money-saving advice from Dale and Kathy. BUT, the best reason to stay at the Baldwin House is Kathy's killer maragaritas! By FAR the best on the island! Cheers!

Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2004

Everything about Cozumel made us want to come back again, in no small part because of Kathy and Dale. Kathy is an incredibly perceptive host who really has an eye for what her guests are looking for. My wife and I are frequent travelers who try to avoid touristy attractions and enjoy getting a taste of the local culture and cuisine. Kathy figured this out very fast without our even mentioning it. For the first meal right after we arrived, she suggested going to a fish stand a few blocks away. Carlos, the owner of the place, was a real character and treated us like family, letting us in behind the shop and chatting with us the whole time we were there. We kept on going back to hear his stories and enjoy the incredible fish! After that, we asked Kathy and Dale for more local restaurants, and all the suggestions were incredible - the recommendations of our usually reliable guidebook really paled in comparison.

We did our dive lessons with Troy, who is a good friend of the hosts. Our diving lessons took up a good portion of our daytime hours on the island, but we had lots of fun. In fact, we had so much fun that we ended up canceling the Mayan ruins portion of our trip to spend more time diving (as my wife would tell you, I will not give up on ruins unless there is a very good reason for it).

Kathy and Dale also do a wonderful job of keeping their B&B clean and relaxing. We had a hard time staying awake while we read through our diver’s manual on their rooftop gazebo. The other inhabitants of their domain include their cute little dog, Lana (I’m allergic to dogs but I didn’t have any problem throughout the trip - Lana always stays outside), several turtles, geckos, iguanas, and many little birds. The breakfasts are truly amazing.

My wife and I are definitely going back again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2004

Exceptional hosts, warm & gracious hospitality, comfortable accommodations, fantastic breakfasts, convenient location; Can't wait to visit Kathy & Dale again!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2004

My wife and I visited Baldwin Guest House in mid-May. We had an absolutely great time! Everyone's reviews are spot on. Dale and Cathy are great and give you great advice on day trips, restaurants, etc. Beware the breakfasts...you'll need a nap immediately following. Very, very good. They're diving outfitter is an excellent recomendation. My wife and I had never dived before and had a great time. I guarantee you will have a great time if you stay at the Baldwin House. We had four weeks of vacation, and Cozumel and the Baldwin house were the highlight. I wish we would have spent another week. Lana, the dog, will give you your "dog fix" if you're missing your four legged friend.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2004

After reading all the reviews on tripadvisor, I decided to pull the trigger and go with the Baldwin's Guest House. The wife and I went down in July, and we couldn't have been more pleased with the accomodations and location. Dale and Kathy were amazing hosts and a great source of information. We really felt at home. Can't wait to come back!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2004

From my arrival I was treated respectfully and with an exceptional degree of personal attention; its a quiet haven in the midst of Cozumel (El Centro) that offers clean, authentic mexican ambience and style. The garden is lush and beautiful; the pool immaculent. Kathy's breakfast is always exceptionally fresh, made to order and extensive! Book ahead of time!

Been to Baldwin's Guest House Cozumel? Share your experiences!