“Lobster so fresh you could hear it screaming for mercy!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Lobster so fresh you could hear it screaming for mercy!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I used to visit La Terraza back when it was Prima Pasta almost every week when working on cruise ships, so had to go back to see if it was still there ten years lateron a recent holiday to Mexico.
We were greeted by the owner who was really friendly and informed us that it was the same menu and chef as when the restaurant was Prima Pasta.
The plan had been to have the surf and turf but as they were out of filet mignon, opted for the full lobster tail instead, which was very reasonably priced. We weren't disappointed. I can honestly say I have never had better lobster in my life! We'll probably not be back to Cozumel for some time now, but I'm really glad that I got to go back, the old memories came flooding back as soon as I walked up the spiral staircase.
If you ever find yourself walking past La Terraza, then turn around, go up the stairs and order some lobster...

Cozumel, Mexico
“The lobster was delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Enjoyed a lobster tail and fettucine alfredo at La Terraza. Excellent service, good wine, all round an enjoyable meal. We came early in the evening, and they made sure we were in the shade and had the ceiling fans on.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Me and my boyfriend were staying in Playa Del Carmen and one day we decided to take a short evening trip to Cozumel. We stopped into La Terraza and were so impressed. The service was great and the food was beyond amazing. We both ordered seafood dishes that had large pieces of lobster and other pieces. I ordered the combo pasta and my boyfriend ordered the lobster lasagna. It was better than any seafood I had in the U.S states. Thanks again for the amazing service and we highly recommend this restaurant.

Jacksonville, Florida
“The Absolute BEST on the ISLAND”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We have eaten here every time we go to Cozumel. The service is friendly, the food is of very high quality and reasonable. Will go back every time I go to cozumel. I have been there about 20 times. Love the people.

Dallas
“Happy Birthday to Me”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I brought a recipe for mango upside down cake with lime sauce with me this trip and gave it to the owners with the commitment to come back on my birthday to have some. They were as good as there word. The lobsters was great and the cake was better than the one I made at home. With good friends around and mariachis singing happy birthday it was a good day.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere