“Best Guacamole ever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Hach Restaurante-Cantina

La Hach Restaurante-Cantina
Rafael E. Melgar Ave 2.9 Km South from Down Town | Across from Villa Blanca Hotel, Cozumel 77600, Mexico
52(987)120 1806
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 249 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Restaurant bar with ocean view, great margaritas, live music at night, beach access, excellent food, good prices, locals favorite late night party place, perfect sunset view, lots of specials on different days, free high speed wi-fi, happy hours, balcony and terrace, all kinds of mexican beer, friendly staff, great service
Glendale, Arizona
“Best Guacamole ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

We needed a break from vendors and shopping. Stopped in at this little oasis on the beach. Very friendly greeting, seated on the balcony overlooking the ocean. Had a couple of cold beers and their fresh guacamole. Mmmmmmm! I definitely recommend this place, for location and service. Only had the guac, but if the rest of the menu is this good, I'm definitely going back!

Houston, TX
“Shrimp like rubber”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

My shrimp dinner was so over cooked it tasted like rubber. I tried to get them to take it off the bill and they wouldn't do it. I argued with them for almost an hour and finally threatened to call the police. I refused to pay for the shrimp. They finally took it off.

Visited August 2014
Temecula, California
“A Great Find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

We had just arrived on Cozumel and, unlike many who come just for the day, were staying on the island for a full week. Tired and hungry, we wanted something casual, simple and fast. Since we were staying south of the city, we agreed we would stop at the first restaurant we came to. Luckily, we stumbled upon La Hach!. The restaurant was nearly empty, but don't let that fool you. Since we aren't in the high season and the cruise ships had left for the day, the island gets a little sleepy. We were directed upstairs to an absolutely amazing view. Our drinks were quickly ordered and we moved onto the food.

My wife ordered Tacos al Pastor and raved about them. We're from San Diego so we get some pretty good mexican food to compare. Very unique flavor. I ordered the surf and turf fajitas. With home-made refried beans and guacamole, the the flavors were incredible. The vegetables and shrimp were grilled to perfection. Not at all greasy (like many places) and the meat was flavorful. After piling the ingredients on my fresh flour tortilla, I added a healthy dose of their green salsa that was offered. (red also) with the entrees. Wow, spicy and DELICIOUS.

Even though they warned us a party of 8 might take a while for the food to come out, with the beautiful view and the chips and salsa, we hardly noticed the wait. Our server Charly was attentive and the Chef Max made sure the rest of our party enjoyed the meal as much as we did. 4 of 5 stars because they ran our of Grand Marnier for the Cadillac Margaritas. Upon leaving, we were warmly thanked by Luis and Lara. Don't let this little gem slip through your fingers if you find yourself on Cozumel.

Wisconsin
“Great food, wonderful view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

We stayed at Villa Blanca and came over to La Hach for dinner two nights. We were able to sit out on the outdoor patio and had a wonderful view of the sunset one night and a storm out over the ocean the other. Food was great. I tried the Al Pastor Sandwich and the Al Pastor burritos - both were fantastic, and if you like Salsa Verde, it was great with both.

The margaritas were a little disappointing. I wasn't looking for a very strong drink, but they all three we had tasted like there was no Tequila in them at all. They were tasty, but wanted to at least feel like there was some Tequila in them.

I ranked the service as average just because there were pretty slow one night on checking on us after we got our food and wanted our bill. Otherwise things were good and I would definitely come back next time and recommend it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
“Great way to spend an afternoon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

La Hatch is a great little treasure in Cozumel. My friend and I took our 3 boys there after a snorkeling excursion. The boys were excited to see that they could rent snorkeling gear from the little place downstairs and snorkel more right off of the shore. Leah and I were able to relax, enjoy a couple drinks and an appetizer. Food was fabulous! View was beautiful and the people were very friendly and helpful with anything we needed. If we return to Cozumel, we will definitely be spending a couple afternoons at La Hatch!