Had a horrible experience. You should know that half the place is condemned and not occuppied -- large panes of glass were missing on higher level floors were birds were flying in and out of all day; food is placed in un-refridgerated cases that look like they came from old U.S. supermarkets in the 70's; flies were swarming around the meat they were grilling -- overall, did not eat anything there....went downtown, which was a quick and inexpensive cab ride.
As far as the alcohol....they have big 40's of beer that pour into small plastic cups for you -- that's all you get for beer. They used liquor in plastic jugs with no labels.
You should know that this place is partly a time share and when you arrive, they give you a color-coded bracelet to wear. During the day, they ship in unsuspecting groups for free alcohol and food, in exchange for listening to their time share seminar. They have a different color bracelet and different food is brought out, as well as top shelf alcohol. When you go to order a drink, they ask for you to show your bracelet so they know how to treat you.....it was really bizaare and they made no attempt to hide the difference in treatment. I guess they figure they have your credit card and have already charged you.
To make a long story short, we prepaid through Orbitz and when we returned to San Diego, emailed pictures to them of the condemned building, buffet, etc. Once they received the email, the called and graciously refunded our money.
I'm willing to bet that some of the people on here who are writing excellent reviews have purchased time shares here and trying to fill their slots and/or hoping the place does not go under. A.K.A Alterior motives.
Trust me....don't risk it here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Among the many amenities available at Park Royal Cozumel are several swimming pools, a first-rate fitness center, relaxing spa, and open-air theatre for evening entertainment under the beautiful night sky of Cozumel, Mexico. At the center of our Cozumel resort is the main pool, our beach pool is next to the ocean, and two infinity pools complete the offering. Our poolside bars will keep you cool and refreshed as you swim, play and relax by the crystal clear water of Cozumel. Two Jacuzzis provide beautiful ocean views right on the beach. Our sparkling Caribbean ocean invites you to snorkel. Our on-site dive shop can outfit you for a more adventurous ocean activity. A volleyball area is available to play and have fun with your family and friends while enjoying a magnificent ocean view of the coast of Cozumel, Mexico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, Otel, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Park Royal Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Royal Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Park Royal Hotel Cozumel
- Park Royal Cozumel Mexico