We had five people in our group. Two senior citizens, a middle aged couple, and a teenage girl. We all had a great time. The hotel was spotless and the staff very friendly. It would have been nice to have a room on a higher floor (above the third) to have an ocean view. The waiting line for the on-site restaurants were a little long and time consuming. Tip #1 You can make later reservations without waiting. They will seat you earlier if space is available. Tip #2 The lounge chairs by the pools are reserved early with a towel, so have your early riser in your party get up and save you a spot. Tip#3 The bars are all good and a little tip gets you a little extra attention. Tip #4 bring dollars (50 U.S. ones) for tips. Bring dollars for everything - everyone wants U.S.dollars. No need to bring or get pesos. Tip#5 We used Carlos from Apple vacations to set up our activities and it was worth the little extra money. Tip #6 If you do a time share meeting, the 90 minutes starts after you get the their meeting room. Tip #7 The rocky path ways can be avoided some of the time by walking through the hall ways around to the front desk. The lobby bar area and the lobby need additional chairs. Tip #8 No free wi-fi, gym, and safe which we had expected. We did get a room safe. Tip #9 If you need additional bottled water, leave a note for your maid. Tip #10 If you want to walk along a beach, Cozumel is the wrong place (unless you rent a car or take a cab to the south or west end of the island). The staff show was just o.k. and loud if you are in a room facing the auditorium. We all had a great time and enjoyed the hotel. Remember to give little tips for great service and use a little Spanish.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Among the many amenities available at Park Royal Cozumel are several swimming pools, a first-rate fitness center, relaxing spa, and open-air theatre for evening entertainment under the beautiful night sky of Cozumel, Mexico. At the center of our Cozumel resort is the main pool, our beach pool is next to the ocean, and two infinity pools complete the offering. Our poolside bars will keep you cool and refreshed as you swim, play and relax by the crystal clear water of Cozumel. Two Jacuzzis provide beautiful ocean views right on the beach. Our sparkling Caribbean ocean invites you to snorkel. Our on-site dive shop can outfit you for a more adventurous ocean activity. A volleyball area is available to play and have fun with your family and friends while enjoying a magnificent ocean view of the coast of Cozumel, Mexico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Park Royal Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Royal Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Park Royal Hotel Cozumel
- Park Royal Cozumel Mexico