Stayed here in February 2013, went well. My travel partner worries about getting sick in Mexico and he didn't on this trip so when we went back he didn't want to change a thing. We made reservations in April for a November stay, bringing 2 other couples with us.
I have 2 major disappointments. Despite making a request 8 months in advance that we have rooms near each other, that didn't happen. We got a very nice email stating our request was received but that's it. Not only were we not on the same floor, we weren't even on the same end of the building. One of their 2 buildings was closed due to low occupancy and rooms on the entire first floor were being worked on, so I don't think they were too full to accommodate our request.
The second problem was the push to sell time shares. When we stayed in February maybe they were too busy to notice, otherwise they have ramped up pressure on the staff that sells time shares. I don't mind being asked once, but it became a DAILY nuisance, so much so that I would avoid walking through the lobby or certain parts of the property where I knew they were sitting. They start the conversation innocently enough too, "what are you doing today", "what can I help you with" but then its hard to get away. I felt like I had to be downright rude. I speak Spanish and can get around fairly easily in Mexico, I feel bad for those who get wrapped up in this conversation thinking they are getting legitimate concierge services.
Otherwise a great property. We chose it initially for the little bit of sandy beach that it has (one of the few in Cozumel, fairly close to downtown action). The group was happy with food choices, staff were pleasant and eager to please and the property is kept very clean.
- Also Known As:
- Park Royal Cozumel Hotel
- Park Royal Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Park Royal Hotel Cozumel
- Park Royal Cozumel Mexico
- Park Royal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Among the many amenities available at Park Royal Cozumel are several swimming pools, a first-rate fitness center, relaxing spa, and open-air theatre for evening entertainment under the beautiful night sky of Cozumel, Mexico. At the center of our Cozumel resort is the main pool, our beach pool is next to the ocean, and two infinity pools complete the offering. Our poolside bars will keep you cool and refreshed as you swim, play and relax by the crystal clear water of Cozumel. Two Jacuzzis provide beautiful ocean views right on the beach. Our sparkling Caribbean ocean invites you to snorkel. Our on-site dive shop can outfit you for a more adventurous ocean activity. A volleyball area is available to play and have fun with your family and friends while enjoying a magnificent ocean view of the coast of Cozumel, Mexico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, Otel, HotelTravel.com and Agoda so you can book your Park Royal Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.