“Can you say "cheese enchilada verdes"?” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Chicago, Illinois
“Can you say "cheese enchilada verdes"?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

This place is pretty easy to spot if you look for the pizza hut. I read a comment or to about the cheese enchilada verdes so even though we came in for coffee and not to eat I ended up ordering it anyway. OMG was it fabulous! I had 3 really good meals on this entire trip and it was probably the best thing i had. A very good sized serving that was just perfect for me in so many ways. I'm still dreaming of if.

As far as the drinks go, we should have just had regular coffee. My daughter had hot chocolate. Mexican hot chocolate is not the flavor she is used to and she it quite picky so only drank a bit of it. I had the Coffee cajeta which was a bit on the sweet side. Wife had a latte that was also sweet for her taste. I mean these were both good but it was our mistake ordering drinks we should have realized would be sweet.

They have a nice array of desserts here but we did not have any. I would come back in a heartbeat for more cheese enchilada verdes or to sample other similar items. Also just to have some regular coffee or espresso.

Inside is narrow but a long stretch of seating is available and the atmosphere inside was nice.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Don't expect a slice of cake........”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

glad we found this little coffee shop instead of Starbucks taking all our coffee trade! Very authentic and many different tasty homemade cakes to choose. I chose an orange cake which was so fresh it was still warm, delicious. When I say don't expect a slice of cake it is because the cake you see on the cake stand is what you get, the carrot cake my son had was 10cm cubed but he managed it! Many different coffees and teas for all tastes you won't leave disappointed.

Visited December 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Great coffee!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

The price is similar to Starbucks, but it's well worth it, especially it's right in the downtown tourist area across from Suites Bahia hotel. There's free wifi, and they also serve light meals and dessert. But I only tried their coffee.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Williams Lake
“Good food and coffee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Good food here and great coffee. I think one of our family was here almost every day of our Cozumel trip.

Visited December 2013
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
“Wow, wish I had found this place earlier !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Decided to leave the resort to find a coffee shop in town and thanks to Tripadvisor ended up in El Coffee. What a great coffee shop. Had a cappuchino and shared two desserts. One would have been enough but after deciding on the banana cake with cream cheese carmel swirl icing found out the apple pie was just baked and couldn't resist. The service and price were great and left 2 very satisfied people.j

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere