“Mr. Sanchos Second Trip Doesn't Disappoint - (Thanks Ramon!)” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 146 things to do in Cozumel
More attraction details
Fee: No
Owner description: At Mr. Sancho's Beach Club we offer Restaurant-Bar services and 3 pools, two with a swim up bar. The entrance is totally free, no cover nor a minimum consumption is required. As well we offer free Wifi for all our guests,. We have the largest private beach on the island with over 1000 feet of white sand at Cozumel's sea shore, where you can enjoy our Aquatic Park, wave runners, parasailing, banana boat rides, snorkeling tours, scuba diving, or you could ride a horse or an ATV through the jungle and the beach. At Mr. Sancho's we have two options: our famous All Inclusive Package or our Pay as You Go service. In the All Inclusive Package you can enjoy all you can eat from our menu freshly prepared and cooked especially for you or our extensive buffet; as well as, all the drinks, beers, sodas and cocktails you would like from our open bar. You will also have access to the pool-bar, beach lounge chairs, kayaks, hammocks, lockers and Beach Cabanas (upon availability)**. In our Pay as You Go service you will only pay for what you consume and we offer free entrance to the beach, use of beach lounge chairs for free and free Wifi for our clients. At Mr. Sancho's you will find the best beach, the best facilities, a family atmosphere, friendly and professional treatment from our staff and of course the best food and drinks. You can experience our hospitality Monday to Saturday from 8:00 am to 5:30 pm Local Time. Closed on Sundays. The All Inclusive Package is available from Monday to Saturday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Local Time. **(This package does not include the Acuatic Park, towels, liquor shots and do not operate on Sundays)
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Mr. Sanchos Second Trip Doesn't Disappoint - (Thanks Ramon!)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Went to Mr. Sanchos with a group of 10 in February 2013. We had been in January 2012 with a group of 8 who enjoyed thoroughly. We were part of a Carnival Cruise that docked later than expected so we had approx 4.5 hours to enjoy.

We were met at the entrance of the beach area by Ramon who was extremely helpful in every way in our brief stay. Our plan was to enjoy the beach as much a possible and NOT sit and eat taking up an hour or so. None of us drink alcohol and we enjoyed breakfast so we declined the $50 all-you-can-eat-and-drink option. (We actually at a hearty breakfast on the ship knowing a hearty supper awaited so dining was not a main concern while at the beach).

We devoted our time to the Water Park area ($12 each for 8 of our group), parasailing $65 for each participant, and ordered sodas, and appetizers. One cool thing was we were allowed on the motorboat that pulled the parasail for $10 per person.

All in all we spent $350 for 10 people, including: A la carte drinks & appetizers for all 10, waterpark for 8, boat riding for 4 who joined the parasailers, and parasailing for 2. The other expense was round-trip shuttle van for 10 at $120. [That's a very reasonable $35 per person average including shuttle from port.]

I cannot say enough about Ramon and his 'on the spot' assistance with everything Mr. Sanchos had to offer. The ONLY thing that was not up to par for Mr. Sanchos was the WiFi which worked well and then suddenly became spotty.

So in summary, if you know what the place has to offer, plan your expectations around what is there and you'll have a great time. We'll be back...

Visited February 2013
MrSanchos, Gerente at Mr Sanchos Beach Club Cozumel, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear guest:

Thank you very much for your group visit and for recommend us to friends and family !!

We glad you all had a wonderful time. we´ll make sure to tell Roman he did a great job.

Our home is your casa please come back soon !!

Spring Hill, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Not exactly what we were hoping for--but we enjoyed the day~”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We booked Mr Sanchos before leaving home through Shore Excursioneer. We booked the All inclusive ATV, Jetski and Beach day. We got to Cozumel at 8am (Cozumel time) and hopped a taxi from International Pier. ($16/each way for 1-4 ppl) Tip: We shared a taxi with another couple we met on the ship and split the cost-saving us some money. The taxi ride is only about 15 minutes. When we got there, we had our pictures taken (which we bought - @2 for $20 but they were cute) and then headed to "check in". The couple we shared a taxi with checked in first and without sharing their details, they had a "rough" time. The check in lady did not speak very good English, she said the manager wasn't there and ultimately their check in took a long time because of her inability to give money back for a service they couldn't offer. (Long story short--the water park was closed due to rough seas and they said they couldn't refund her money...offered horesback riding instead but the husband didn't want to horseback ride...I ended up giving the other couple the money and said I would take his place to try to rectify the situation, but the Sanchos rep said she didn't know if we could do that either. I couldn't figure out what the problem was...I was going to pay this person (whom I never met before that day to go horseback riding because Sanchos couldn't refund her money). Then it was our turn to check in. We had purchased the jetskis as stated above as part of our package and again, all watersports were cancelled. The girl lowered the amount I had to pay to adjust for the ATV (I had paid only a deposit--but wouldn't credit me for the $30 I had already paid for a deposit.) In other words--she charged me for the 2 of us for the all inclusive ($100) Plus the price for both of us for the ATV's and never deducted the $30 for the deposit I paid!! She said I could take it up with the shore excursion company--very confusing and not the start to a great day.
We were then greeted by Gama aka Super Server!! He seated us at a picnic table, we reserved some beach loungers and he kept the drinks coming all day!! He made Mr Sanchos worth it. The drinks were plentiful and delicious. The food was great (don't miss the cocunut shrimp, french fries, heck--even the burgers were great!)
The horseback ride was ok. You go round and round on the same path, but going on the beach was nice! Ernesto did a great job, took pics for us and told us about some local culture.
The ATV's were OLD!! We took them out with our guide and my ATV broke down half way through. My husband had to push the guide on my ATV with his ATV while I follwed on the guide's ATV all the way back. We weren't refunded any money nor was the time we lost replaced. Disappointing!
Overall, I wouldn't go back. I can think of better places to spend my money. I would have been more impressed if they at least would have replaced my time for the broken ATV and/or at least offered to refund my money.
One additional note: the vendors there are PUSHY!! I told them no countless times and then finally said "Sorry no money"...then when I went to the ATM to tip the ATV guide, they actually said you have money now...come shop. Very annoying!

Visited February 2013
MrSanchos, Gerente at Mr Sanchos Beach Club Cozumel, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear guest:

We thank you for your visit and for your comments !!

Is correct Mr Sancho´s doesn´t offer refunds on site everything is done thru the company you booked with.

Is correct if our water park is closed due to rough seas we offer an additional activity for the inconvenience of the weather or you can get your full refund thru the comapny you did your purchase.

For control and to avoid complaints we offer an additional activity ONLY to the guest name on the reservation not to other guest, as when it comes to package deals, moneywise all are very different.

Our Mr Sancho´s All Inclusive day pass is $50 usd per person on site.

Truly sorry for any inconvenience !!

Gimli
“Felt a bit ripped off”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We attended Mr. Sanchos and although it was a nice day I can't help but feel that I was a bit ripped off. When we arrived (myself, my mother, and my 7 year old daughter), we were met by a man (Ramone or something like that) who was very much a salesman. He explained that we can either do all inclusive or pay as you go and we chose all inclusive. I specifically asked him if the water activities (slides, trampoline, etc.) were included and he said yes. Then, when it was time to pay, I confirmed that with him again and he said no. My mom told him that he said that it was and he got defensive right away and offered to give us our money back, but we were already there and my daughter was excited to be there, so that was not really an option for us. We went ahead and stayed the day and enjoyed it. We went horseback riding and the guide's name was Ernesto and he was awesome! He took my camera and took pictures of us the whole time. He really was fantastic.BUT, just before we left to go on the ride, Ramone or whatever his name was, approached us and told me that the girl did not charge me the correct amount and that I owed another $150 pesos. I was not impressed as this had already cost a fair bit. But, again, what can you really do? I really had no idea what I had paid at this point because they did not give any receipts, etc. Also, the service for food and drinks was very good.
All in all, Mr. Sanchos was ok. I'm not sure if I would go again, except to see Ernesto and go horseback riding.

Visited February 2013
MrSanchos, Gerente at Mr Sanchos Beach Club Cozumel, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear guest:

We want to apologize for how Roman made you feel with the lock off communication !!

We also like to confirm you our Mr Sancho´s All inclusive doesn´t include our water park !!

Our water park is extra and cost $12 usd per person.

Horse back riding tour on the beach and jungle for one hour is $40 usd

Horse back riding tour on the beach and jungle for 30 minutes is $30 usd

We truly thank you for sharing your comments and for your visit.

We also like to take the opportunity to invite our next visitors to always look for a supervisor or my self Oliver Muñoz Mr Sancho´s manager so we can fix these kind of issues right on the spot, we are here to help you and make sure you are taking care of.

Please if you have any further comments you can e-mail us here mrsanchosbeachtours@gmail.com

We hope to see you again some time in the future !!

“Fantastic fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We had a wonderful day at Mr. Sancho's. We had made online reservations and check in was quick and easy. We enjoyed the food, drinks, beach, pool and especially the superb service of our waiter, Edgar. He made our day one to remember. If we are in Cozumel again, we will definitely visit Mr. Sancho's again.

Visited February 2013
MrSanchos, Gerente at Mr Sanchos Beach Club Cozumel, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear guest:

We glad you had a wonderful day at Mr. Sancho's.

We are very happy to hear you enjoyed our food, drinks, beach, pool and especially the superb service of Edgar our waiter.

Thank you for your visit and for recommend us to friends and family.

Please come back soon !!

Moore, Oklahoma
3 attraction reviews
“Mr Sanchos Cozumel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We booked with them online, and showed up expecting to have a blast.... We were 100% correct!! we had so much fun! The guys took pictures of my daughter holding a huge iguana wearing a diaper, and then brought it to us later framed in the cutest mr sanchos frame. It was awesome!! And only $20 for the pic and frame!! A fantastic deal in my opinion. The food was delicious and the waitstaff made sure we had everything we needed. When the heat was getting to some of us we just moved over to the pool bar......the kids played and swam and the adults sat there sipping cold beer. The only downside was that a few of our group couldn't make it due to being sick. So i had to forfeit the deposit for them, but it wasn't that much, and the rest of us had a fantastic time!! We will definitely be back to see them next time we are in Cozumel!!!

Dear guest:

We glad to hear our food was delicious and our waitstaff made sure you had everything you needed.

We glad you all had a fantastic time with us!!

Thank you for your visit and for recommend us to friends and family.

Please come back soon !!