“Expensive” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 79 Attractions in Cozumel
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Amusement Parks
Activities: Swimming with dolphins
More attraction details
Owner description: Chankanaab Adventure Beach Park is the most popular attraction in Cozumel. It is conveniently located just ten minute taxi ride from the cruise ship terminal. It´s a favorite for cruise ship passangers, day trippers, beach lovers. Enjoy the natural beauty of our beach and reef area,amaze yourself with our eco archaeological tour. All facilites included: restrooms, showers, huts, hammocks and beach chairs. Now your ticket includes: Sea Lion Show, Dolphin Presentation, Manatee Exhibition, Crocodile Exhibition and Eco Archaeological Tour. At Chankanaab Park you can also enjoy world class snorkel tour, scuba diving tour, snuba tour, seatrek tour, spa, temazcal, swim with dolphins and manatees tour for an additional cost. All fun in one place !
Pittsburg, Kansas
“Expensive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Fun for the kids. Glad I went. It was a good time, just don't know if it was that good of a time for the money spent. Don't get a CD of you pictures. They originally wanted $300. US for this CD. Talked them down to $200, but even thought that was to high.

Houston, Texas
3 attraction reviews
“Scuba Diving with a Trained Dolphin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Looking for something more than a dorsal fin tow, and a superman lift? Try the Dolphin Dive at Chankanaab National Park. We met with a scuba master, Luciano, who trained us. Then we traveled the perimeter of park maybe a 1/4 mile at an approx. 30ft. depth, then arrived at Louis's dolphin pen. We were met by Benjamin, who took us into the pen. We scuba dived to the floor, and interacted with the dolphin for approximately an hour through a series of practiced routines. Then we scuba dove back to our entry point. The cost was $400.00 US for 3 people. This adventure was amazing, Luciano is fantastic.

New York City, New York
6 attraction reviews
“Royal Dolphin Swim”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stopped in Cozumel on a cruise ship. I booked the Royal Swim online directly thru Chankanaab Park Website. I got them on sale for 25% off. We took a taxi from the port. $11 for the 4 of us. It was a quick 3 mile drive. We checked in for the swim and had about 1.5 hrs before the start. So we went over to the snorkeling area. Chairs there are free and you walk down the steps to the water. It was very pretty and even with three ships in port that day didn't seem too busy! Soon enough it was swim time. With the swim you get a free locker for the day and we stuff all of our gear in there. We had our own snorkeling gear which didn't fit in the locker so they told us to leave it behind the counter with the check in ladies. :) The swim was AMAZING!!! Worth every penny. FYI My oldest DD wears glasses. She kept them on for most of the time out there with the dolphins since she really can't see with out them. When you are in the water taking turns with them you are standing on a ledge under the water. She merely took them off (myself or my DH held them) when she went out to do the foot push and the fin swim. Just wanted to put that out there since we were debating it that morning. It worked out fine. After the dolphin swim they took us over the manatee tank and we got to pet and touch them. Then we were done with the swim and they brought us over to the photo corral. This is were they get you. Printed photos run about $40 a piece OR you can get the CD of all the photos for $199. Having done my research I knew this was how it was going to go down and had budgeted for the photos in my trip. I figure it's a once in a lifetime thing and if y ou are going to do it go all the way. Besides I saved more then that by NOT booking thru the ship and doing it on my own so I figured I was still ahead. :) After the photos were placed on a CD and I paid (FYI if you pay by Credit Card it's cheaper then by paying in Cash I believe it was a difference of about $20-$30 I knew I was paying in CC so I didn't really pay that much attention to the difference). Also included with the Swim was the Buffet lunch and two non alcoholic drinks. The food was fine. Nothing crazy, Some Mexican stuff and plenty for the kids (think chicken nuggets and fries). A couple of waiters where running around clearing tables and got us second beverages. No complaints there. Getting a taxi back to the boat was easy. There was a taxi line and they merely called one over for us. Again $11 to get back to the boat.

Bald Head Island, North Carolina
5 attraction reviews
“Very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We loved Chankanaab. This was one of my favorite spots and great for snorkeling too. If you go to Cozumel, you have to stop here.

Visited May 2014
Lutz, Florida
“Great Snorkeling, low price !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We recently went to Chankanaab Park while we were on the Carnival Legend. We did not book through the ship, but took a taxi for our party of 8 directly to the park about 10 min. away. It cost $22 for the whole group (so $11 per 4 ppl). The taxi driver was very friendly and we told him we were buying our tickets at the gate - $14 for kids, $21 for adults, but that did not include snorkel gear. He told us he could show us how to get tickets right outside the gate that included the snorkel gear and locker rental. We agreed and he took us into a little gift shop right outside the gate and they sold us tickets for entry, all snorkel gear per person, a coupon for a free drink at one of the restaurants inside - this was $22 per person even the kids. It saved us money because the snorkel gear inside the park was $10-15 pp. They also gave us a free soda or water each. The day was beautiful. We saw a really cute sea lion show included in the price, found relaxing beach chairs, and went to get our snorkel gear. There are 4 huts that rent snorkel gear and this one was the very last hut, little bit of a walk, but worth it. We had 4 kids that had never snorkeled before, so the dive shop guys offered to take us to help with the kids and show us the best places to snorkel. No fee, but they would accept tips. It was well worth it!!! Our guide was patient, helped with the kids (even gave up his very nice mask for my 10yr old, whose mask broke when he got in the water). We all had a fabulous time! We snorkeled for about 1 1/2 hrs and then used their fresh showers and changing rooms. Had lunch (which was not good- we ate at the restaurant by the pool). - next time we would try the restaurant on the beach, or just get chips/salsa for a snack and eat back on the boat. We did not have time for the other stuff at Chaakanab but there was a lot more. We would definitely go back.