“Pepe Scuba....the best dive op in Cozumel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 237 activities in Cozumel
Type: Water sports
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: We are a PADI International Resort;located inside the Coral Princess Hotel.Open to the Public,offering 2 Tank Boat Dive trips,with pick up service from other locations.All levels-PADI Dive Certification Training,Snorkel trips,Night Diving,Equipment Rental.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
San Miguel
“Pepe Scuba....the best dive op in Cozumel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

PePe Scuba is an outstanding operation. They have excellent equipment to rent if needed. Their fees are low if not the lowest on the islad. Their boats are small, fast and well maintained. Their dive guides konw all of the reefs and will take you where you want to go. Their primary dive guide, Abdias, has incredible eyesight to find the things that he does. His joy in diving is evident by his ability to find the smallest critters, and the most hidden ones. The dive shop has two fast boats that will hold a max of 8-10 divers, but usually no more than 8. The tanks are full and are set up for your use by the dive guides. I cannot say enough about how good an operation this is to dive with. The staff at the shop are outstanding and are willing to work the best deal for your dive schedule. They will pick you up at any point along the coast, thus no ugly taxi charges to get to the dive op. Once you dive with Frank and the guys at PePe Scuba, you will return many times.
This is the most professional and friendly dive shop you will find on the island.

Visited February 2012

Thousand Oaks, California
14 attraction reviews
“Quickest boat on the island, just bring your own gear.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

First of all I need to point out some of the positives about Pepe's. Abdiaz is an amazing, hardworking divemaster. He would get our weight belts set up, hook up our gear and make our dives an easy experience. I also learned real quick that when I heard a rattling sound I knew that Abdiaz had found a sea turtle, lobster, eagle ray, etc. He is a great guy and several of the guys that I dove with over 3 days come back several times a year for many years and dive with Abdiaz and use Pepe's. They also have two boats that are a little small, but they are the quickest on the island and we were blowing by everyone on the way to the sites.
So some of the negatives. Frank is apparently the new owner and he can come off as a little gruff. Not a bad guy, but not always the friendliest. My other beef was with some of the gear. They are charging similar prices to the rest of the island for gear, but the quality is pretty lacking with the BCD's and regulators. They work, but make sure to hook everything up to check for leaks and that the gear works. One guy in our group had to cut a dive short because of a regulator issue. Also the other instructor/divemaster Carlos is pretty lazy. My last day of diving was with several people in our group had just finished getting certified. Maybe Carlos wanted to make sure everyone knew how to set up their gear, but with Carlos not doing anything and having us set up our weights, BCDs, and regulators, it just came off as lazy. Especially when compared to Abdiaz.
So all in all, as a more experienced diver I would recommend Pepe's in a second. There is a reason why locals and regulars have been coming back year after year.
If you need to get certified or need to rent gear, there might be stronger options closer to town.

Visited January 2012
Stockholm
“My favorite dive shop for snorkeling tours to the reefs.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012 via mobile

Outstanding snorkeling trips.
We had the best guide to the reefs with one of their small and very fast boats.

Great to go out with a small group (we were four).

Chicago, IL
7 attraction reviews
“Great Dive Experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

Just came back from Cozumel and wanted to share my experience about Pepe Scuba.
This was my 4th time diving in Cozumel. While the diving has always been great, I've never been inspired to write a review nor can I remember any of the previous dive operators. My experience with Pepe was different and I expect to be diving with them as long as Frank and crew are running the show.
I did 6 dives with them over 3 days. Abdias was the divemaster and was fantastic. As touristy as the area is, we rarely ran into another group while under the water. Abdias and Fidel picked great sites. We saw an amazing array of wildlife and coral. Abdias was great about safety. He also constantly found and pointed out things I'd never find on my own. He also gave me tips on how to be a better diver. I was always the 1st one up to the surface and Fidel always was there to pick me up.
The boat was smaller than I'm used to, but I ended up enjoying it very much. I had never done a back roll off the side of the boat, but now thats my preferred method of water entry.
The equiptment wasn't brand new, but worked great for me.
I found Pepe because I stayed at the Coral Princess where they're located. But I noticed that people staying all over the island use Pepe as well. To me, that's another mark of a great outfit.
Frank was great from the moment I started bugging him by email a month before my trip, and throughout my stay. Great guy. Great prices. Great people.
You'll definitely be seeing me soon.

Visited December 2011
Kansas City, Missouri
16 attraction reviews
“Rave Reviews”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

We stayed at Coral Princess with several scuba divers that rave about Pepe's. Many of them having been coming to Cozumel for 20 years and love the services provided by Pepe's. For the price, experience, and service they are hard to beat.

Visited December 2011