“A wonderful dive destination” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Scuba Club Cozumel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cozumel
Scuba Club Cozumel
You added Scuba Club Cozumel to your Saves list
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av R Melgar Prol S, Km 1.5, Cozumel 77600, Mexico   |
Special Offer
Hot Deal for Summer!
Ranked #13 of 57 Hotels in Cozumel
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Austin, Texas
“A wonderful dive destination”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

My son and I recently visited Scuba Club Cozumel for the 4th time recently. It is less than 15 minutes from the airport. When you arrive you will feel that you are walking into a Mexican governor’s palace. You are surrounded by wonderful historical architecture, Spanish gardens as the centerpiece all facing the ocean. At night you can see Cancun in the distance. The rooms are clean and functional but not fancy. Some complain about the firmness of the beds but we love them. It is also in walking distance of dining and shopping options.

This is a dedicated dive resort. You dive, you eat, you read, you relax and you dive. There is a thrashed There is a thatched shaded area with hammocks facing the water and a modest swimming pool available for guest’s use. The hammocks right on the water are great. The dive operation is on site including lockers for your personal dive gear. Tanks are available at all times for dives off of the dock and/or the multiple access points to the water. While there is no coral immediately in from of the resort there are multiple points of interest and lots to see. Night dives on your own of the shore will present opportunities to see octopus, sea snakes, rays and other creatures.

The dive boats are comfortable and functional. Every morning at 8:30 the dive boat leaves for a two tank dive somewhere up and down the west coast of Cozumel. Beautiful water, great dive leaders and lots of sea life make every dive an interesting adventure. There are other dive options (additional costs) in the afternoon and evening)

The staff is friendly and the food is very good. You want 5 Star go elsewhere. If you want a great location, wonderful people, a relaxed environment and killer diving this might be your destination.

We have recommended this resort to others who are avid divers and could go any place they wished and they loved Scuba Club Cozumel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Concord, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We traveled to Scuba Club late June with a group of friends, most of which dive, although I personally do not. The resort really caters to divers, so there's not a ton to do otherwise. No TV or internet in our room, which was disappointing the first few days when it rained pretty steadily. There's a decent pool for sunny days, hammocks by the water for reading and relaxing in the afternoon and you are in easy walking distance of shops and other entertainment. The Dolphinarium is less than a quarter mile. Scuba Club isn't the lap of luxury, but the rooms are spacious and comfortable and the staff is very helpful and accommodating. There's a small fitness center (room?) that had a decent treadmill & exercise bike. We chose the all inclusive plan and were not disappointed by the food. The fresh fruit at breakfast and lunch was a nice treat. Portions were always plentiful. Alcoholic drinks are not included, but you certainly get your money's worth for the mixed drinks. Although I'm used to a few more amenities and a little more upscale resorts, we enjoyed our stay at Scuba Club and would definitely go back. You can't beat it for the money.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

PROLOGUE: My husband and I have dived in Cozumel (twice), Honduras, and Belize (twice), but this was our first dive resort. It was so cool to me that everyone was getting up at the crack of dawn to dive. I'm used to feeling like we're the only ones in the whole hotel/resort awake at 7am. Not at this place! Now that we've experienced a "dive resort," I doubt we'll go back to the old way of doing things (book a hotel, and have a dive shop pick you up every morning at their dock).
REVIEW: We had a great time. And if we ever dive Cozumel again (which I doubt - Roatan has spoiled me), we'll stay here without a doubt. This place is exactly what we want when we dive: a basic, no-frills room with plenty of space to drip-dry our gear. No tvs, but stable internet access. Food when we need it. Very good shore diving. Capable and enjoyable dive shop.
It also had what we've never had before, and which I loved: the schedule of the meals corresponded to the schedule of the dives. Stand in line for good hot food, or go straight to the fruits and salad bar (which is where I spent most of my time).
This was our schedule: Eat, dive, wash gear, eat. Nap. Eat. Dive. Sleep.
We made lots of new friends, some of whom are already talking about a reunion dive trip next year. The atmosphere there was so great - all divers, chatting it up with each other about the dives. No strangers there - just dive buddies I hadn't met yet.
If you're a diver interested in Cozumel, book it.
If you're looking for umbrella drinks and room service, you'll be disappointed.
Dez

PS: A shout-out to my new friends Steve & Danette, Greg & Rebecca, Michael & Angelique, John & Alice & Kayleigh (remember what I said about keeping your dive log!), Ji Han & Maria, Terry & Maragrita, Barb & Nancy, Tricia with the gold turtle earrings & her handsome husband whose name I've misplaced (sorry), and finally.... Melvin, Jamelia, JoAann, Marvin, Crystal, and (a big hug to) Michel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

Didnt stay at the hotel. We visited cozumel dive center during our cruise to finish our open water dive certification training. When we got there we realized that we showed up a day early. The staff did not even fret about it. Our instruction, Henry, was very thorough and patient, especially with me. I came all the way to graduation day, so to speak, and began to panic after jumping in. Henry helped calm me down and adjust his training technique to help me get through the entire event. I have to say if it wasnt for him I probably would not be certified right now. I am proud to carry his name on my padi card and cant even express enough his ability.

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

Great place for Divers and be sure to ask for Geisier as you dive master. He finds things you would never see like a 1/4 inch Fire Shrimp and lots of other stuff. Heard from other Divers their Dive Master hardly did any of that and were more focused on killing Lion Fish. Cozumel current were strong this trip, felt like we were on the freeway 70ft down.

Rooms are very basic w/no TV and real hard beds. Try to get a room away from the dive shop unless you want to hear banging tanks starting @ 6:15 and throughout the day

Overall it was a very good experience with good food, good service & excellent dive service. We'll be coming back

• Stayed June 2011
Trevor, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

Ok granted I got my certification here. I have been to many places with my parents growing up. This hotel was the best and boy did we save a ton of money. They provide breakfast lunch and dinner with many choices. The diving(which is also included) is incrediable with the drift. Lazy mans dive for sure. Just got back from the Florida Keys and was upset. I really want to travel to more locations, but I will be back.. Couldn't imagine staying anywhere else. The hotel staff was fun and you get to know them on a personal level. They were great. Everyone seemed very happy to be there. Our scuba guide was Ariel and I couldn't ask for a better guide. Basically its a personal guide day by day at many different locations. Oh and don't forget to dive the wreck. that was a cool experience. We did many activities on the island. Please do not hesitat and book here. This was my parents 3rd or 4th time staying on the island and it was there favorite, they even said they would not stay anywhere else now. Hope you have fun

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Well
some other folks we met (shanebrandy) beat us to it
Ted & Barbara if you are out there , hello!
Sometimes like at other places where people are drawn by a common interest or quest for things you meet great people and experience what the folks who run the place above & below the water have been practicing for years- greta hospitality and diving
This resort is for divers and helps you establish a good rythym to your days
Food is very good and as with all meals is centered around the dive times, gets you on your way with your belly full & happy and welcomes you back, helps you ease into the evening
I did not leave the resort except for one trip to a supermarket/walmart type of place to get snacks and beers for the the room
The rooms decor is nice with tiles and is colorful.
Diving was great, a huge turtle over 100 years old, a crab in the C53 that was big enough I wondered if it was plastic or from a horror movie set, all the regular size turtles, eels, cuda's and the huge lobster that would not partake of the lionfish our divemaster eradicated from the reef.
Honestly one of the top two vacations we ever had, if we could re-run it we would
Good place, people, staff, convenient, clean, on time.
There is not enough time to mention all the great people we met and the staff, but a big shout out to mi amigo Buddha and all those on the reef cat, as well as those who dove the C53 with me
See you next year, its booked and the airlines are booked two
Even if I lose my job in a construction related field, this will be happening. It was that good to spend the $$ up front
Oh Yes, My wife who doesnt dive loved it here too
And drift diving is an adventure......................................................

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Scuba Club Cozumel? Share your experiences!