“If your'e a diver, then look no further.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Cozumel

Save Saved
You added Iberostar Cozumel to your Saves list
Iberostar Cozumel
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Costera Sur, km. 17,785, Cozumel 77600, Mexico   |
Ranked #21 of 56 hotels in Cozumel
Baltimore, Maryland
“If your'e a diver, then look no further.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Very comfortable, good food, friendly staff. Great Dive Shop with Dressel Divers right on site, this resort is my favorite for diving in the entire Caribbean. If you like to dive and take advantage of all inclusive resort, this is the place.

Room Tip: All the rooms are in short walking distance of your activities. Get a room near pool, or beach if yo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Cozumel, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Guest.

On behalf of the manager of the IBEROSTAR Cozumel, we would like to thank you for taking the time to share with others travelers your opinion of your stay with Iberostar.

It is gratifying to hear that we have contributed to our guests’ happiness and that we met your expectations. We want to thank you with a big Gracias for your preference over other options in the Caribbean.

We are confident we will see you once more at your hotel. We will be more than proud to host you as many times as you decide to return.

Best regards.

2,937 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This is the 3rd time this year we have been to Iberostar, Cozumel, we cannot say enough about their wonderful hospitality, the staff and I mean all the staff has been nothing but gracious and helpful on our stays, we have met and have become wonderful friends with so many of the staff, our favorite bartender's Nicolas "The Master"...Hilario....Gaspar, our favorite server Adrian and of course our buddy and the best chef we know Omar who has improved the quality and taste of the food 100% since our 1st visit.
STARFRIENDS!!! what can I say, all of you guys and girls have kept each and every visit so very fun and special, Joel, Irving, Fransico and last but not least my best buddy Guillermo you have become like our family away from home..thank you Iberostar,Cozumel for helping to make such wonderful memories for us..we will see you soon so get ready!!

Much love to all of you

Carl and Sherri

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us and the rest of the online community how your holiday went with us. We feel honored to hear that you have had a memorable experience.

We will congratulate Nicolas, Hilario, Gaspar, Adrian, Chef Omar and the StarFriends Joel, Francisco and Guillermo that they have formed part of your happiness.

We are confident we will see you again at our hotel and keep enjoying your home away from home.

Warm and sunny regards.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

This was our first stay here and third in Iberostar (we did Cancun last year and Lindo two years ago). Although the other two were better, Iberostar Cozumel was wonderful as well. It was also much cheaper so we felt it was a good value for the money. We were really concerned about the bad reviews we read here before our stay but fortunately we had a great stay, Indeed it is not a 5 star hotel or a new resort, but it's still very good with some minor issues.

I traveled with my husband and two kids (3 & 6). We checked in around 1pm with no issues. We emailed them in advance and asked for a ground floor near the pool, and got it (#2602). It was very quiet just like we wanted. The A/C was working VERY WELL. Yes, the room was not huge, but was more than enough. We had enough room to hang our clothes or store them in the closet. We had issues operating the safe, we called reception and within 2 minutes someone came and explained us how it works. The fridge was restocked every day with variety of drinks. Yes, the bed was firm, but we liked it and didn’t ask for a topper.

The grounds were very beautiful and well maintained. Our kids enjoyed the many animals at the resorts. There are turtles, iguanas, flamingos, talking parrots, cats, frogs, peacocks…

We thought the food was good, and at times even better than good. There was wide variety of choices including soy milk and healthy food. Generally breakfast and dinner buffet was better than lunch buffet in terms of variety and quality. Still lunch was great – a selection of bread, cheese, vegetables, fruit and pasta, desserts as well as fish, chicken, hot dogs and burgers. Dinner buffet had a different theme every night (international, Mexican – which serves amazing empanadas, oriental, etc.).

We also went to all 3 specialty restaurants and loved all 3! At the steakhouse the rib-eye, shrimps and chicken dishes were all excellent. At the Mexican the Aranchera was amazing! And it was also served at the Hard Rock Restaurant. All waiters were fantastic, got to know us very quickly, and remembered our favourite drinks.

The pool was great and was cleaned very day, with water activities and wet bar, where adults and kids can enjoy a drink. I had white wine at dinner which was OK. We also had mojitos, pina colada and dirty monkeys and loved them all. I enjoyed the pool aerobics with Irwin and the dance lessons. Everyone - adults and kids - enjoyed pool games, everyday around 12. Joel was very funny and convinced everyone to participate (don’t miss the magic carpet!)

The beach is beautiful. Yes, it is rocky but you can get in with water shoes or walk on dock and get into the water very easily. We threw some bread and got to see many colorful fish.

My husband used the gym and thought it was great. My husband and daughter enjoyed kayaking. My husband also enjoyed diving with the Dressel Dive team which was professional and friendly.

All Star Friends were very friendly and will do whatever it takes to make you happy. My kids really liked Melixa who runs the kids club and the mini disco at 8pm which includes some nice games and dancing. They won medals and got certificates for winning some games.
Night shows were also great!

The minor issues:
(1) The resort does make some efforts to deal with mosquitoes, but OFF spray is still a must at evening times.
(2) We had one power outage from 3pm to 6pm.
(3) I met with the assistant manager to discuss some issues and these were taken care of right away.
(4) no A/C in buffet restaurants. we thought this would be a major problem but it wasnt. it was a bit hot at lunch time but the buffet is next to the pool and you can get in with your wet hair and light pool clothes so it was very helpful.
(5) The only issue that was not resolved was the rate of babysitting. They charge $15 per hour, per child! Even if the children are sleeping! I thought this was unreasonable and decided not to use this service. I did use it in Cancun and Lindo because they charged $15 per hour, regardless of number of kids.

I really recommend renting a car or taking a taxi to the national park - they have the best beach I have ever seen in my whole life!!!

Bottom line – if you’re a laid back person, not to picky and not too spoiled, this resort is great for you and your kids. enjoy!

Room Tip: it depends on what you want - email them they do listen.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Cozumel, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for your generous review. We feel privileged to have had the opportunity to serve you. It was also a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your holidays among us so much.

Thank you for the appreciation of our Staff efforts, your recognition is one of the best rewards. We are very thrilled to know that our service has contributed to your having a memorable vacation.

It is very nice to read that our crew did a good job with your family. We will be sharing your review with all of them in order to give them a great motivational tool, especially Yohel and all his Entertainment team, who are always a good example in service quality, also we are sharing your experience with Dressel Divers to let them know how efficient their work is.

We are sorry about the mosquitoes. The past rain was the main reason why mosquitoes were more abundant during those days. The maintenance department does fumigate every day, but they cannot do it during rainy days, because chemicals do not work in contact with water, so they start as soon as the rain is over, and reinforcement of spraying is made every time a guest presents a concern, we apologize about that inconvenience.

We are very happy you highlighted the improvements in our gastronomy; we have a new Chef and many positive changes have been made.

We are also grateful that you are giving us trough the Assistant Manager a feedback on certain areas we can improve on, as a commitment to your satisfaction; we are working with the head management involved, to fix those weak points. We will be very proud to welcome you one more time at Iberostar Cozumel so that you can see by yourself our improvements.

We trust that you will not hesitate to visit us again; it would be a pleasure to welcome you in the very near future.

Warm regards.
Prairieville, Louisiana, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

From the moment we arrived at the resort everyone was smiling - the bellman , the front desk clerks, the bartenders. The resort is a tropical paradise. The grounds are clean and well maintained. There are peacocks and flamingos, iguanas and even a parrot in the lobby. The food was fresh and delicious, with an overabundance of choices. The rooms were clean. The bathroom was spotless. The beach was clean, the pool was sparkling. We had so much fun with the activities- we took salsa lessons, shot rifles at the shooting range and enjoyed the shows every evening. We were able to snorkel right off of the hotel pier. It was amazing and such a value ! We are planning our return trip as soon as possible! We love the Iberostar !

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Dear Guest.

On behalf of all the staff, and particularly the manager, we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar Cozumel. It motivates us to continue improving to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We will tell the bellman, the front desk clerks and bartenders that they have contributed to making your holiday special.

We look forward to being able to offer you our hospitality once more at Iberostar Cozumel.

Warm regards

north dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Have stayed at least seven times and going back for the eight time in October (latest ever) but you can not find better resort with great service. the swim up bar is the best I have ever been ( we go at least once a year for last twenty years). food is good but grounds are very clean and ever thing is close.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Cozumel, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dearest guest,

First and foremost, thank you for your loyalty and preference toward Iberostar, and for taking the time to give us your opinion about your recent stay at Iberostar Cozumel.

We are more than happy to hear that you had an excellent vacation and that you were pleased once again with our service. We are sharing your nice comments with our Food & Beverage Manager, in order to congratulate his Swim Up Bar crew for the excellent job they do.

You review lets us know that we are achieving our priority, which is to ensure that every guest is satisfied. It helps us to motivate our staff to continue improving day by day.

We are confident that will have the opportunity to host you again, not only next October, but in many occasions at Iberostar Cozumel.

Warm and sunny regards,
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was our third return to this beautiful resort. We normally like to change things up but something about this hotel keeps us coming back. It might be the amazing staff, from the groundskeepers to the managers, they all do an outstanding job and are always ready with a smile and an Hola!
It baffles me that there are some negative reviews for this hotel. We've stayed at many top rated hotels, and while the rooms here are a "little" outdated, I really can't find anything wrong with this hotel, and who the heck stays in their room while in paradise anyway??
So, to break it down:

The Rooms:
The beds are hard, but we actually prefer them that way, and we slept great every night. The mini fridge in the room is restocked every day, the maids do a wonderful job cleaning the rooms, and always leave some surprise in the room, whether it be chocolates, a plate of fruit, some cleverly folded towel animals, or the beds decorated with flowers. Water pressure is not the greatest but who cares. There was enough room for 2 adults and 1 pre-teen to put away all our clothes and other things. Love the Palapa style of the rooms, so much preferred to the high rise hotels. Loved the hammock on the little porch. Loved watching the animals roaming around in the morning while enjoying a cup of coffee.

The Restaurants:
I think the food this year was even better than last. Lots of options, all day long. The wait staff is friendly and courteous. Wilbert and Carolina were always smiling and fun to talk to. Monserrat was very sweet and made me the most amazing salad.

The Bars:
My husband does not drink, but that didn't stop him from spending lots of time with Alfonso and Nikolas at the pool bar. It was wonderful to be greeted with a big hug and kiss by Nikolas when we arrived. All the other bartenders were great as well. I don't remember everyone's names, but David at the beach bar, and Juan at the entertainment bar stand out as well. I only drank the sparkling wine (delicious!), but my daughter enjoyed all the non alcoholic beverages they prepared for her.

The Entertainment:
Wow. I can't say enough about them. Yohas (and I'm sorry if I got your name wrong) was funny, entertaining and just great the entire time. I enjoyed my morning stretches with Tania and Fabiola every morning, they are both very sweet. Marixa was great, we enjoyed her company very much. Guillermo, energetic as ever. Francisco was sweet, fun, and I enjoyed playing Bocce on the beach with him very much. And Irving, my love. You were awesome all week. There is someone I left out, he was not around much the week we were there, so I don't know his name, but he was great as well. If I left anyone out I apologize, but every single one of you is incredibly talented and were a joy to be around. The shows were great. Oh and winning Perfect Couple was definitely the highlight of the shows, at least for my daughter. I can't get the picture of my husband with that "thingy" on his head out of my mind......The Vegas show was amazing.

The Grounds:
Beautiful. Look at the pictures, they don't lie.

The Beach:
It's a rocky bottom at the beach so not the easiest ocean to walk into, but you can swim off the dock, the water is incredible and the fish are abundant. We left a shell with our names on the Tree of Shells last year, and were delighted to find it still there. We added this year to the shell and put it back up. I'll be curious to see if we can find it next year when we go back. There are plenty of Palapas and palm trees on the beach, so shade is easy to find.

Dressel Divers:
Awesome as always. My husband and daughter enjoyed their dives, and I loved being able to snorkel above them to take pictures.

The little "shop" at the Beach:
Juan Alberto and his son Juan were great. If you have the time take some time to paint one of their wooden or ceramic items. They do a fantastic job "fixing" your paint job and turn even the worst paint job into a work of art. Stay in school Juan and I'll see you next year!

Front Desk Staff:
Great. Courteous, helpful. Wonderful.

If you get a chance, take a ride to the other side of the island. Chen Rio is an amazing beach.

Again, I can't say enough about what an awesome vacation we had. If I left anyone out it's because I had maybe one too many "shampoo's", but I honestly loved you all and we will be back next year!

Sondra, Larry and Sophia

Dear Guest.

First of all we would like to express our most sincere gratitude for your detailed review, thank you as well for taking the time to share your comments with other readers, as we are certain that your review will help others choose Iberostar Cozumel.

It was a pleasure to have served you once more and we hope there will be many to come. We are glad to read that you enjoyed the service provided from the check in time and all along your holidays.

We will be passing all your kind comments on our Management and congratulate all our Iberostar Cozumel crew for a job well done, especially our Food and Beverage and Entertainment Team, we are also sharing your experience with Dressel Divers to let them know how efficient their work is.

We are happy to read that you felt so welcomed and satisfied; we truly look forward to serving you in the near future to your home away from home Iberostar Cozumel.

Kind Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We traveled this March shortly after I had wrist surgery. Not sure what to expect... When we arrived at the hotel, we we welcomed warmly. Seeing a huge cast on my arm, the staff went out of their way to make sure my husband , and I wanted for nothing! The rooms were clean, the grounds were impeccable, the food... Amazing! The scuba center was our main attraction ! Cat and Sven!! Bobby and I just love you!!! Truly a great vacation!!!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear guest,

We want to thank you for sharing your personal experience at Iberostar Cozumel.

We are thrilled to know that you were happy here with us and how our crew’s efforts can be reflected on your comments.

We will pass your review on to Dressel Divers so that Cat and Sven can see you mentioned them; this will certainly make them happy!

We will be more than pleased to host you as many times as you decide to return to Iberostar Cozumel.

Warm regards.
Iberostar Mexico.

Been to Iberostar Cozumel? Share your experiences!