“PERFECT!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Cozumel

You added Iberostar Cozumel to your Saves list
Iberostar Cozumel
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Costera Sur, km. 17,785, Cozumel 77600, Mexico   |
Ranked #22 of 57 Hotels in Cozumel
“PERFECT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I just got back from a 5 day visit to Iberostar with 5 other people. First of all, the staff there are extremely nice and entertaining! They made it a point to talk to everyone. The rooms are beautiful. I was impressed by how nice the showers were. I could never get the water temperature right though. Probably operator error :-) The resort was beautiful with animals roaming all day..peacocks, iguanas, ect. The night shows were amazing too. If you ever want an amazing server at breakfast or dinner ask for Jamie! He's super funny and we loved him. :-) everything was great! I will be back later this year

• Stayed August 2012
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Cozumel, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Guest

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Iberostar Cozumel and would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor.

We are glad to read that you and your travel companions decided to choose Iberostar Cozumel for your holidays and that you enjoyed our service and facilities!

We would like to explain the trick to get hot water; in Spanish the C on the shower key does not mean Cold, it really means Caliente (Hot), so maybe you were trying to do it the other way around (maybe we are assuming wrong, sorry if we are!), however, please remember that Front Desk is always available 24/7 and they will be more than glad to assist you in those kind of situations. Same thing if the problem had to be solved by the maintenance department.

We are happy you liked our rooms, the animation and the nice service offered by Jaime, feel sure that we are sharing this mention with him in order to recognize his effort, as this is an example of service to follow.

We are confident that we will see you in the near future at your home away from home Iberostar Cozumel!!!

Kind Regards.
Iberostar Mexico

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (635)
Prince Albert, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

First of all let me say that we have traveled a bit and have always had a rule that we would never go to the same place twice. Iberostar Cozumel changed all that. We will go back. The staff was outstanding! The location was great. Diving and snorkeling were some of the best we have ever had. We stayed for two weeks and we never got tired of the food, the entertainment or any of the services offered by the hotel. I think that the staff, (particularly the Star Friends) made all of our family feel welcome and entertained at all times. We were traveling with two girls 14 and 15. They are a hard twosome to please. They are already making plans to go back. They loved everyminute of everyday. High praise I believe. I would like to give a special mention to the hotel manger. His attention to detail both with guests and staff was incredible. You could tell that the staff liked him and were relaxed around him. It was nice to see people really enjoying working around him and in the hotel. Thanks again for a great vacation!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Client

We really appreciate the time invested in writing about your experience with us at the Iberostar Cozumel for your recent vacation.

It was a great honor to serve you and the fact that you endorsed our property and our staff highly is very motivating for the all the team to keep doing our best to fulfill or even exceed all the expectations of our clients even if they are very demanding ;-)

Once again thank you for all your kind comments and we are sure that will see you in the near future at Iberostar Cozumel!

Kind regards,
Iberostar Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My Fiancé and I recently spent 8 nights at the Iberostar Cozumel. Words cannot begin to describe the incredible experience we had, not only at the hotel but on the island itself. We were blessed with incredible weather throughout, barring 1 morning of rain which we used to do some souvenir shopping in the centre of town. Below are just a few things I thought I’d mention about our holiday to hope and encourage anybody thinking about visiting Cozumel and the Iberostar (Trust me the list of positives is endless, but I’ll keep to the important things!)

The Hotel
Besides its obvious beauty from all the all the pictures you’ve seen, it will still take your breath away when you first arrive and take your first stroll through the resort past the pool and straight onto the beach with its scattered palm trees and gaze out into the clearest (and warmest) blue waters imaginable!
The staff were incredibly friendly and always had a smile on their faces, from the guest services to the gardeners, one special mention must go to Miriana at the front desk who went over and above her normal duties to assist in my ‘Special Request’ and made our room look incredibly romantic and special for our first night.
The entertainment on offer at the resort was top quality, I must admit I was not sure what to expect of the nightly entertainment on offer but hats off to the Star Friends team on some magnificent shows, some of the dance routines were better than what I’ve seen on London’s West End! I must say the fire show and live music on the beach really stood out for me. The daily activities were even better, we were never without entertainment by the pool or on the beach…and there was always plenty of laughs to be had!
The food and drinks on offer were brilliant too, there was a vast variety of cuisine at the breakfast, lunch and dinner buffets and the food on offer from the 3 Al La Carte restaurants were delicious.
The atmosphere in and around the resort was something special, there were young couples like us, older couples, families young and old, and there was always something to do for anyone, weather it was taking part in one of the many activities on offer or just tanning on a lounger around the pool or on the beach soaking up the sun!

Outside the Hotel
We did 3 excursions, each one offering something unique and incorporating different parts of the Mexican Island culture.
We did the Royal Dolphin swim at the Chankanaab National Park (about 15 min drive from Iberostar), besides the amazing experience with the dolphins the park also has many other attractions such as a Mayan Village, Sea Lion shows and Plenty of snorkelling and diving on the countless reefs surrounding the park, to mention a few.
Secondly we did the Glass Bottom Boat snorkelling trip to Palancar and Colombia reef, this was done through ChaccaChoc tours, this was an incredible experience and the guides knew exactly where to take you to see the abundance of tropical wildlife on offer, the guides (Tony & Jonathan) in particular made the whole trip worthwhile, always full of jokes and they always made sure that you never had an empty beer bottle in your hand, not to mention the fact that the boat will pick you up from the Iberostar pier saving you time and taxi fare.
Lastly we did the Xrails tour to Jade Caverns, this was done through wild tours (10 mins from Iberostar), this is an offroad drive through the Cozumel jungle to Jade Caverns, the largest source of natural water to the island, and also where the Mayans would sacrifice ‘Pure’ females in times of drought, a swim in here is just what’s needed to wash off all the mud and cool off from the sun. Besides the drive and cave, there are plenty of photo opportunities with Eagles, snakes and the chance to catch a real live crocodile!! (No jokes)!! Again the tour guide (Alex) was amazing and full of knowledge about the Mayan history.
All 3 tours offered amazing photos of your experience and organising a Taxi for any excursion was quick and simple as the Hotel has plenty of taxis eagerly waiting outside.

I would honestly recommend the Hotel and the Island to anybody and we will definitely be heading back in the future!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Client.
On behalf of all the management we would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Iberostar Cozumel for your recent vacation and also for the time invested in writing your comments about your experience with us.

We are happy to have provided you with an unforgettable stay, and it is cause of satisfaction to read that you enjoyed all the wild life, food, settings and surroundings of our resort. Your words have been inspiring and motivational for all of us, and they drive us to continue working hard to exceed your expectations. It is great that you enjoyed the different activities the hotel and the island of Cozumel!

We look forward to your next visit to Iberostar Cozumel.

Best Regards
Iberostar México
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was our 8th stay at this hotel. We keep coming back because it is relaxing, the staff are friendly, the food is very good, and overall it is just "easy." We spend most of our time diving, but we also enjoy relaxing at the beach or beside the pool.

The rooms still appear very clean and comfortable, although we had some lamps that didn't work and the A/C was not working well, either. However, we called the front desk, and they sent someone within 10 minutes. He fixed the A/C, and within an hour all was fine.

We will stay here again on our next trip.

Dear Client.

Thank you for your review. It is a real pleasure to read that we reached your expectations once more and it is very nice to know how our crew’s efforts can be reflected on your comments.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our services and our cuisine, and very pleasant to read how you highlight how our staff do their best to make you feel comfortable with all our different services and activities.

We are passing your comment on A/C on to our maintenance department so that they can check all our A/C units. You can trust that we will do our utmost to improve our services so next time you can feel as comfortable as you usually do being here in your home away from home.

We will be honored to host you again and hope you come back many more times!! Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions or special requests.

Kind regards,
Duncan, Oklahoma, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was our first time to stay at this resort. The food, atmosphere, location, snorkeling were all outstanding, however the beds were very hard and difficult to sit or sleep on, we asked for a topper to go on it for 3 days one never came available, if you have back problems request one when you are making your reservation or stay elsewhere.

Dear Guest.

Thank you very much for your comments, all our guests’ opinion are very important to us as they are the best tool to improve our services.

We apologize for the inconvenience with the bed topper; unfortunately they are subject to availability, we deeply regret that this service could not be received.

Thank you for your lovely comments on our gastronomy, atmosphere and snorkeling. We are indeed in a privileged location.

We hope that in the future, you can give to Iberostar a chance to show you how capable we are of improving to satisfy our entire guests with all our best efforts.

Best regards
Taunton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Iberostar, Cozumel. accommodation set in one and two story thatched bungalows. Very clean and quite spacious. All had a balcony with hammock, although these were quite small. Staff very helpful and very friendly. Food excellent and although a buffet service there was a different theme every night. Choice of three other restaurants; to use these a reservation had to be made but could be used without ant extra cost. Pool big and exceptionally clean. Hotel on the beach but entry into the sea was rocky. Suited us as we are divers. 'Dressel Divers' based at the resort and were excellent.

Room Tip: Away from works unit as generators could be heard throughout night.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Cozumel, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Client.

We want to thank you for sharing with the web community your personal experience with Iberostar Cozumel.

We are happy that your expectations were met and that you highlighted our crew’s efforts as gardeners, maintenance, maids and the kitchen team. Thank you for that!

We are in a National Park right in front of the second biggest natural reef around the world, so we contribute to its protection by not altering our beach. Our pier as you mentioned, gives you a better access to the sea and you can enjoy swimming with nice fishes all around.

We will be more than pleased to host you as many times as you decide to return to Iberostar Cozumel!

Warm regards.
Defiance, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Overall, I would say quite clean facilities! Very nice staff and they go out of their way to make you happy. I do not recommend the spa/ massage services, very expensive and didn't come close to my typical 60 min. massage back in the states. Other members of my party really enjoyed their services. (do not get Beatrice) I really enjoyed the food; however more choices as the week goes on would have been nice. I will say the only real problem for me was the humidity in my room. From the moment I walked into my guest room I was disappointed until the day I left. It was smelly like a mold smell and damp; however the accommodations were very clean. The air conditioner had to be set at the coldest setting and there was no humidity setting :( I didn't realize July was the rainy season and so I was surprised that even my bed sheets and pages of my books were damp....the entire time. I did not mind the humidity outside one bit because I LOVE water; but in your bed at night is a whole different matter! I was thankful I was not there for a honeymoon because the idea of "honeymooning" in my room was not a pleasant thought. I was vacationing with others and some of them reported their rooms were also damp like mine, but a few others reported they did have a newer thermostat which had a humidity setting which really helped dry out the room. I definitely recommend requesting a room with a newer system if the humidity bothers you. Loved the snorkeling at Alberto's next door, highly recommend them!!! Saw ocean life/ animals that I have never seen before on other trips!!! Stormed every day but one, and I still got a beautiful tan! I am not a picky drinker; however the fact that you could only get one type of beer at the bar/ restaurants was a bummer. Luckily, I really like DosXX. I also love a great Chardonnay and they only had one white wine that was just ok. Overall, I would recommend this resort.

Room Tip: ask for a newer thermostat in your room that helps reduce humidity
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Client.

We really appreciate the time invested in giving us this feedback about how your last experience at Iberostar Cozumel was. Your comments are essential to us, since it is the best tool to identify areas of concern and improve our services and facilities.

We are sharing your comments with our Spa Manager to put an extra effort on those weak areas where we can improve and offer you a better experience.

We are really sorry about the humidity. We have staff working 24/7 and any guest has the chance to call our Front Desk to report any inconvenience, as small as this may be, to be fixed and not interfere with your vacation experience. We will pass these comments to our Maintenance Department so that experiences like the one you described are avoided in the future.

We are also passing your comments on to our Food & Beverage Manager about the services offered to take into consideration.

We are confident that we will have the honour to host you once more so that we can show you how capable we are of improving as your satisfaction is our main goal.

Iberostar Mexico.

Been to Iberostar Cozumel? Share your experiences!