“Another Great Stay at the Iberostar Cozumel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Cozumel

You added Iberostar Cozumel to your Saves list
Iberostar Cozumel
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Costera Sur, km. 17,785, Cozumel 77600, Mexico   |
Ranked #22 of 57 Hotels in Cozumel
“Another Great Stay at the Iberostar Cozumel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was our 8th stay at this hotel. We keep coming back because it is relaxing, the staff are friendly, the food is very good, and overall it is just "easy." We spend most of our time diving, but we also enjoy relaxing at the beach or beside the pool.

The rooms still appear very clean and comfortable, although we had some lamps that didn't work and the A/C was not working well, either. However, we called the front desk, and they sent someone within 10 minutes. He fixed the A/C, and within an hour all was fine.

We will stay here again on our next trip.

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Cozumel, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Client.

Thank you for your review. It is a real pleasure to read that we reached your expectations once more and it is very nice to know how our crew’s efforts can be reflected on your comments.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our services and our cuisine, and very pleasant to read how you highlight how our staff do their best to make you feel comfortable with all our different services and activities.

We are passing your comment on A/C on to our maintenance department so that they can check all our A/C units. You can trust that we will do our utmost to improve our services so next time you can feel as comfortable as you usually do being here in your home away from home.

We will be honored to host you again and hope you come back many more times!! Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions or special requests.

Kind regards,
Iberostar Mexico.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (635)
Duncan, Oklahoma, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was our first time to stay at this resort. The food, atmosphere, location, snorkeling were all outstanding, however the beds were very hard and difficult to sit or sleep on, we asked for a topper to go on it for 3 days one never came available, if you have back problems request one when you are making your reservation or stay elsewhere.

Dear Guest.

Thank you very much for your comments, all our guests’ opinion are very important to us as they are the best tool to improve our services.

We apologize for the inconvenience with the bed topper; unfortunately they are subject to availability, we deeply regret that this service could not be received.

Thank you for your lovely comments on our gastronomy, atmosphere and snorkeling. We are indeed in a privileged location.

We hope that in the future, you can give to Iberostar a chance to show you how capable we are of improving to satisfy our entire guests with all our best efforts.

Best regards
Taunton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Iberostar, Cozumel. accommodation set in one and two story thatched bungalows. Very clean and quite spacious. All had a balcony with hammock, although these were quite small. Staff very helpful and very friendly. Food excellent and although a buffet service there was a different theme every night. Choice of three other restaurants; to use these a reservation had to be made but could be used without ant extra cost. Pool big and exceptionally clean. Hotel on the beach but entry into the sea was rocky. Suited us as we are divers. 'Dressel Divers' based at the resort and were excellent.

Room Tip: Away from works unit as generators could be heard throughout night.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Cozumel, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Client.

We want to thank you for sharing with the web community your personal experience with Iberostar Cozumel.

We are happy that your expectations were met and that you highlighted our crew’s efforts as gardeners, maintenance, maids and the kitchen team. Thank you for that!

We are in a National Park right in front of the second biggest natural reef around the world, so we contribute to its protection by not altering our beach. Our pier as you mentioned, gives you a better access to the sea and you can enjoy swimming with nice fishes all around.

We will be more than pleased to host you as many times as you decide to return to Iberostar Cozumel!

Defiance, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Overall, I would say quite clean facilities! Very nice staff and they go out of their way to make you happy. I do not recommend the spa/ massage services, very expensive and didn't come close to my typical 60 min. massage back in the states. Other members of my party really enjoyed their services. (do not get Beatrice) I really enjoyed the food; however more choices as the week goes on would have been nice. I will say the only real problem for me was the humidity in my room. From the moment I walked into my guest room I was disappointed until the day I left. It was smelly like a mold smell and damp; however the accommodations were very clean. The air conditioner had to be set at the coldest setting and there was no humidity setting :( I didn't realize July was the rainy season and so I was surprised that even my bed sheets and pages of my books were damp....the entire time. I did not mind the humidity outside one bit because I LOVE water; but in your bed at night is a whole different matter! I was thankful I was not there for a honeymoon because the idea of "honeymooning" in my room was not a pleasant thought. I was vacationing with others and some of them reported their rooms were also damp like mine, but a few others reported they did have a newer thermostat which had a humidity setting which really helped dry out the room. I definitely recommend requesting a room with a newer system if the humidity bothers you. Loved the snorkeling at Alberto's next door, highly recommend them!!! Saw ocean life/ animals that I have never seen before on other trips!!! Stormed every day but one, and I still got a beautiful tan! I am not a picky drinker; however the fact that you could only get one type of beer at the bar/ restaurants was a bummer. Luckily, I really like DosXX. I also love a great Chardonnay and they only had one white wine that was just ok. Overall, I would recommend this resort.

Room Tip: ask for a newer thermostat in your room that helps reduce humidity
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Client.

We really appreciate the time invested in giving us this feedback about how your last experience at Iberostar Cozumel was. Your comments are essential to us, since it is the best tool to identify areas of concern and improve our services and facilities.

We are sharing your comments with our Spa Manager to put an extra effort on those weak areas where we can improve and offer you a better experience.

We are really sorry about the humidity. We have staff working 24/7 and any guest has the chance to call our Front Desk to report any inconvenience, as small as this may be, to be fixed and not interfere with your vacation experience. We will pass these comments to our Maintenance Department so that experiences like the one you described are avoided in the future.

We are also passing your comments on to our Food & Beverage Manager about the services offered to take into consideration.

We are confident that we will have the honour to host you once more so that we can show you how capable we are of improving as your satisfaction is our main goal.

TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stayed here last week, had a good time. Took my wife and son.

Preface of my travels: My 10th AI experience, in Mexico, Jamaica and Dominican (fairly well traveled around the Carribean I suppose)

Resort: Well Maintained, don't know how old the property is, obviously is not the newest places I've been to, but it is very clean and maintained daily. Grounds are kept trimmed and there is much wildlife to look at.

Staff: Front desk was very helpful, maids did an excellent job cleaning the rooms everyday (please tip your maid a few bucks everyday) They stocked my fridge with whatever I requested.

Star Friends (Entertainment)- This is the best part of the resort. They work their tales off. Johel (sp?) might be the fastest talker in 5 languages alive! Very good emcee. Jaime was very engaging, always kept people busy (or politely knew when you wanted to be lazy) They all make you feel like family by your 2nd day there.

Rooms: On the small side, but serviceable. Beds and pillows were hard, but I never sleep well in a hotel room anyway. Very clean.

Beach: I'm a beach snob and knew going in, that this was a rocky entrance, which it was. The beach itself is nice, always available chairs and clean, but you have to enter at the dock. The bonus is you get to see literally thousands of fish while snorkeling around the dock.

Pool: Again, not one of the bigger ones I've been to, but it's appropriate for the size of the resort. Always clean, which is my big thing. Hate it that some people just put their empty drink cups on the side of the pool when the bar is 5 feet away, but that's on the guests, not the staff. They kept up as best they could with all the people drinking. The pool bar guys were very good too, (hint: tip these guys a few bucks a day as well, you always get faster service that way, and they deserve it)

Food: This was very disappointing to me. The worst buffets of any of the resorts I've been to. The presentation is fine, and the staff in the restaurants are fine, but honestly how come you can't get an omelet cooked thoroughly? Happened to me 4 times (I'm hardheaded and kept giving them a chance) So for breakfast I just stuck with pancakes, they were fine. Lunch was so-so, pizza and hamburgers were consistant, the other offerings were sketchy at best, (and tried all of it) One day they did have a baked potato/ potato salad bar for lunch and that was good but did not see it the rest of my time there.

Themed restaurants: Mexican was fine, nothing to write home about. We ate at the steakhouse several times. (You have to get reservations and after you use your "allotted" times up, you have to come back after 1PM everyday to check availability, we always got in) The steakhouse was their best place.
We went to the place beside the restaurant, Alberto's, one night and it was very good, but not included in your all-inclusive price, but the meal was worth it. The staff at all the themed were very attentive.

That was my only gripe about the resort, everything was good, it seems like they relied on the staff to make up for the food.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Client,

On behalf of all the Iberostar Cozumel crew and the Management, we would like to thank you with a big “Gracias “for your nice comments about all the efforts of our crew to keep our grounds and our services outstanding.

It is very nice to read that our crew did a good job with your family. We will be sharing your review with all of them in order to give them a great motivational tool, especially Yohel and Jaime.

We are also sharing your comments on our food with our Main Chef and our Food & Beverage Manager. We apologize that this aspect of our resort did not meet your expectations, but we work hard every day to get better and better.

We hope to have the opportunity to host you once more in the near future at Iberostar Cozumel.

Bowie, Maryland, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

My boyfriend and I went on a week long vacation at Iberostar Cozumel.

Staff: Extremely friendly and helpful.

Beach: BEAUTIFUL. Always able to find a chair to sit in and shade to sit under. Unfortunately it is rocky when trying to get in the water so it is easiest to walk to the pier and get in by the ladder.

Weather: DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED. Before we traveled I looked up the weather and it showed rain and thunderstorms every day. Sure this is true, but the storms come and go within 15-20 minutes. So it is nothing to worry about :)

Bar: Drinks were amazing! I would recommend the Blue Hawaii and a Mojito

Dear Client.

We want to thank you for your nice comments and for sharing with us your experience at Iberostar Cozumel.

We are in a National Park right in front of the second biggest natural reef around the world. Due to this we cannot alter in any way our coast line, so as you correctly mentioned, the pier gives you a better access to the sea and you can enjoy swimming in the Caribbean Ocean with our wonderful marine life.

Regarding the weather, thank you very much for your tips to other users! We are confident they also will enjoy the 15 minute rain with a Mojito in hand :-)

Sunny regards.

Tappahannock, Virginia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

The staff was very friendly and the grounds were meticulously groomed. It was great to know I had options. I could do nothing at all for a week: food prepared, dishes washed, drinks provided or I could do any of the activities provided. The food was plentiful, if its quality sometimes was not great. All in all, it was a wonderful experience.

One tip: be sure to take water shoes if you plan to swim in the ocean from the shore.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Dear guest.

First and foremost, thank you for your preference towards Iberostar, and for taking the time to give us your opinion about your recent stay at Iberostar Cozumel. We are more than happy to hear that you had an excellent vacation and that you were pleased with our service.

You review let us know that we are achieving our priority, which is to ensure that every guest leaves satisfied.

In order to improve our service, we have passed your feedback on to our Chef to enhance the quality of our culinary offer.

We will be more than glad to welcome you in the near future.

Iberostar Mexico

Been to Iberostar Cozumel? Share your experiences!