“Worth the walk...” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Columbia
“Worth the walk...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I had the pleasure of stopping by this little establishment at the beginning of July on my 10th anniversary trip. I read several reviews online and was interested to see how this taqueria stacked up against some of the others I had visited. My wife had two chorizo tacos and two tacos al pastor. I had the fajitas con bistec (beef) which came with a side of frijoles churros and our little sis had some tacos con pollo (chicken). We all had some nice horchata washed everything down.
The food was fresh and filling and the service was very good. The prices were lot better than the prices you will see around the square plus you get a chance to see the real Cozumel. I will definitely have this on my list of visits next time around. I wanted to try the tacos de sesos (brain tacos) or ojo (eye) but was so full from the fajitas there was no room left.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

95% Recommend
Sydney, Australia
“Best al pastor on the island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The tacos al pastor here are everything tacos al pastor should be. Crispy, marinated pork, pineapple, onion, delicious salsa, and soft tortillas. I can't speak to the rest of their menu as I am an al pastor freak and order nothing else.

• Visited July 2013
Cozumel, Mexico
“Best tacos and reasonably priced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

El Pique is certainly on the top of the list for great authentic Mexican tacos in Cozumel...there is not much else to order other than tacos and tortas (kind of sandwiches). Very reasonably priced and good quality meat.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sherwood Park, Canada
“How many tacos can you eat?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

If your like me, wanting to avoid the tourist traps and try some great local cuisine then El Piqué should be on your list. Suggested by our dive master, we were eager to learn some new Spanish vocabulary by using the menu to order (menu written on the concrete walls). So much fun to try ALL the different types of tacos. I think we ate 17 tacos between the two of us. Chicken, beef, pork, chorizo, cheese and on and on. Beat that! Entertaining to watch the kitchen staff cook up the food right from your table. Great prices too. Casual eating amongst the locals. Perfect! :)

• Visited April 2013
Kent Island, Maryland
“Awesome food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I ate here my last night in Coz. The frijoles charros with cheese are the best on the island. I also had the arracherra panqueton which was outstanding. The bread was as good as any I had on the island. 1 beer, 1/2 order beans,& arracherra was 10 bucks USD

Visited March 2013