“Spent a chill day with nice service and beautiful beach.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Spent a chill day with nice service and beautiful beach.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

The food and drinks flowed (4 star but good), the palapas felt private, the hammocks were a treat, and the beach was clean and pristine. We rented a kayak and a paddle board and explored around. The bathrooms were clean and the pool was nice for a quick dip. Only complaint is that the hot tub was full of kids and not very hot. If you want quiet and lazy, this is the place. There was a place next door with water slides, etc. if you want more action. Beware that they close at 5:00.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Amazing even In the rain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Me and 4 of my friends visited this resort in nov 2013, it was well worth the $$. All inclusive was wonderful and the 4 course meal was more than filling we didn't even make it to all four courses. This was a quiet and relaxing atmosphere and had interesting fish to watch snorkeling. Unfortunately it rained most of our time there but with the drinks coming and the hot tub it was still very fun and nice. Shout out to Carlos the best waiter who was there for us for anything I wanted. I would 100% go back here rain or shine! Only disappointment was the water sport guys left early and we did not get our banana boat ride :( even after we told them we wanted to do one. They didn't even tell us they were leaving although I think they are contracted out and don't actually count as part of the resort ! Love this place !!

Horsham, Pennsylvania
“Very nice, not crowded, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

My wife and I were just there last week. We came in on Oasis of the Sea, and booked online, NOT through the cruise ship. While a bit apprehensive, the reviews on the other sites were quite good.

We've been to dozen of other all-inclusives, and this was different in that there was no hotel. But no matter- it has everything else, including a HUGE restaurant/pool area (plenty of cover in case it rained, which it did for 15 minutes before returning to sunshine).

Overall, very impressed. We were greeted as soon as we got out of the cab, and we selected a thatched umbrella on the beach. Nearest couple was 6 chairs / 25 feet away, making it pretty private.

The food was authentic Mexican and very, very good. The salsa was the best I have ever tasted- obviously made fresh that morning if not 10 minutes ago! The seafood soup was also very, very good. You can order off of the menu in addition to the included 3 courses, and while french fries are $22, it's in Peso's so it's very reasonably priced (about US $1.70!)

Drinks and service were great. Had the usual beer selections and frozen drinks. Waiters had no problem serving on the beach. The pool is huge, and there is both a swim up hot-tub and pool, though the hot-tub wasn't 'hot', but definitely warmer.

Despite having several large ships in port, it was never crowded- there might have been 50-60 people there and we never waited for service. In fact, I can honestly say it was 'comfortably' crowded, in the sense that we met several couples and ended up sharing some drinks with a few of them (again, never having to wait for a round).

This resort is perfect for couples or families with small children. While there are some activities to do, it's *not* really meant for the 9-15 year old set, though there were a few of those around. (From the resort you can see Mr. Sanchos, which has numerous water inflatables and a crowd to match- that's where we'll take our boys next time).

Overall, 4.5 stars to make it a 5 on the review. My only complaint is that the activities guy really didn't know English that well and kept trying to get us on the waterski's, though I already talked to someone else. Most of the staff spoke English pretty well.

We would definitely recommend this to our friends and family- a 9.5 out of 10. They did a great job.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Los Alamitos
“Would NEVER RETURN!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

My family and I booked this resort after we read some good reviews.........I would say I do not at ALL AGREE for the most part. You are paying for all inclusive but it is NOT. It takes forever for a waiter to get you drinks and food...so basically in the time that we were there we got three drinks each. You can order one appetizer, one main course and one desert ALL of which are of poor quality and taste. The service was HORRIBLY SLOW and EVERYTHING was extra $$$$. A towel $5, Wifi $5 (paid the $5 and that too was horrible), beach activities $$$$$. The beach itself was so pretty and the sand so tropical but I would never return. They really play up the fact that they are never crowded like the other beaches and resorts BUT I would have much rather go somewhere that was just a bit more crowded but had more INCLUDED perks.
To top is all off the customer service and hospitality was nothing to brag about. Just so so.....I guess once they have you there and you have paid they figure why try......its not like they would refund you if you complained.
Do not waste your money or time on this resort!!!!

Post, Texas
“Very Relaxing Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our time relaxing. The food was great. I tried the shrimp ceviche and it was very good. The drinks were cold and the tequila was good. You won't go wrong by booking with this place.

Visited September 2013