“Pleasant diving experience” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2.2 km Costera Sur, Cozumel 77600, Mexico   |
Ranked #4 of 57 Hotels in Cozumel
“Pleasant diving experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

This was a well run organization. Dive masters knew the terrain and was able to show is some great stuff. Group size per dive Mayer a little larger than I prefer. Overall, would definitely do again.

The one thing that was odd, was they were having engine trouble on one of the boats however they still took that boat out instead of using another boat.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Great hotel, small, simple, great location, friendly staff. This was my 4th stay here, feels like coming home. AC work great, swimming pool clean, staff all very friendly. Restaurant very good, great dive shop

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

If your interest is scuba diving, Blue Angel is an optimal selection.
The coral reefs and marine fauna along the island shore are amazing. The resort facilities and amenities are optimal for divers. The restaurant food is of very good quality at very affordable prices.
I spent my best diving vacation ever and I'm certainly looking forward to return to Blue Angel next year.

Room Tip: the top floors (3 and 4) have a beautiful ocean view
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Yellowknife, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I am a high school teacher and PADI Instructor who “scouted” Blue Angel last year in order to decide whether or not it was the place to bring 22 high school students to complete their certification. My initial impression of the hotel and dive facility proved to be accurate. My students were treated to a 10 day trip they will never forget.

Hotel: the service at the hotel was fantastic and enormously better than any 5+ star all-inclusive (and I have been to many – this was my 15th trip to the Mayan Riviera/Cozumel area) The patience, support and help I received from the owner Eva and her front desk staff (Witt, Andrea, Nora) was unparalleled. The rooms were clean and the cleaning staff was prompt and trustworthy.

Dive School: We could not have asked for better service, attention to detail, care for safety or quality of instruction. The pre-planning was efficient and well thought out. On site, they were flexible and attentive. Juan Pablo, Norman, Matteo and Andres were adored by my students, as were the assistants. This was our third trip to Cozumel with student groups and we have never received better instruction (the improvement in their diving from start to finish was undeniable) While the main dive sites are further away than our old location, we loved the boat ride and it gave the divemasters and instructors time to chat with the kids prior to the dives and debrief after.

Dive Shop: The shop staff, led by Vanessa, was diligent (we couldn’t lose items if we tried – they would always find them and track down the owner) An added bonus was that the lockers provided were roomy and locks were made available. On the boats, the divemasters always consulted with us regarding preferred dive sites. More importantly, they cared about finding life and pointing it out to us (and they were good at it)

Location: Can’t beat the proximity to town. In the past, we have stayed further up the coast and the kids only made it into town once (in a costly taxi ride) Blue Angel is an easy 10 minute walk to the large grocery store and only a cheap cab ride away from downtown (the only thing that stopped us from walking was the heat). While there is a good restaurant on site, the freedom to discover others (including Matteo’s new Ohana restaurant and his Chicago deep dish pizza the kids couldn’t get enough of) was a nice treat.

Activities: We highly recommend a day on the Blue Angel Party Boat. Swimming, snorkeling, tubing, great lunch at an incredibly beautiful site. With kids in tow, we did the ‘alcohol-free” version of this day. Staying at Blue Angel also means you are not far from the ferry to Playa del Carmen, so a scoot over there for the day is easily done.

After the trip, I asked the students if they would choose to return to the Blue Angel. Without fail, they all said “absolutely”. I asked why and they all said “the people”. They are smart kids.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Came here on my own to scuba dive for a week and had a fabulous experience. You can tell how wonderful a place is by the general positive and helpful attitudes of the staff. As a woman traveling on my own this trip,I felt safe and well looked after and met some fabulous people there during my stay. I had a nice clean room with a spectacular ocean view. Blue Angel Scuba Diving was excellent. I will definitely come back to stay and scuba dive. Highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We have been to Cozumel many times over the years. We did not stay at the resort, but the owner of our vacation rental recommended Blue Angel for diving. It was a great expereince. Our son finished his PADI certification there and Norman was a great instructor. Four of us went diving over three days with the shop and all the divemasters, captains and ground crew were very helpful and attentive to any need.
Will go again! We also enjoyed the Blue Angel Restaurant. Whether it was breakfast lunch or happy hour with tapas, the food and service was great and the ocean view spectacular.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

My husband and I have been visiting Cozumel for twenty-seven years and over those years, we have stayed in at least eight or nine places, some of them two or three times and this year, we stayed at the Blue Angel for the first time.
We have found our place.
There is absolutely nothing I can say about the Blue Angel which is not positive. The room was completely comfortable and if anything at all was needed, all we had to do was talk to the staff and it was provided. Homey, comfortable, right on the water, delicious food in the restaurant, sweet and friendly staff, and Eva, the owner, made us feel as if we were family. The day we made a snorkel trip to El Cielo with Eva and friends and guests was honestly one of the best days of my life. I will never forget it.
I highly recommend The Blue Angel. And we will go back. Without a doubt.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Blue Angel Resort? Share your experiences!